You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Akeno017

FDG - Not as bad as I remember.

10 comments in this topic

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

Last time I played this ship, it was a horrible and very painful experience and took me months to eventually grind the ship out to GK.

After resetting the line for fake-Pobeda and playing it through from Bayern (still awful but at least quick) I dreaded returning to the Friedrich for the second time.

I can happily say that she has been a pleasant surprise, performing much better then remembered and actually being enjoyable to use.
The several month grind I remembered was shortened to just 2 days and I feel like I've learnt much more about how to efficiently setup these ships including a now dedicated FDG captain and a new hybrid spec capt for my GK.
As much as I dislike the idea of the fake-NTC being helpful and serving its purpose, I suppose it has in this regard.
image.thumb.png.24dc848ed20722194e2e6f97408b394d.png
tldr: research bureau good, FDG isnt nearly as bad as she was.

• Cool 2

[STAR]
Members
564 posts
21,128 battles

She was one of the ships that received more buffs during the last patches:

New dispertion formula, secondary pen buffs and reload decrease are the ones i remember right now.

[-H-]
Members
210 posts
6,448 battles

I tolerated her fine before the buffs. Im not saying she was fun or one of my favorites but she was far from bad, but equally as far from being good.

Members
294 posts

I don't know what it is about FDG, but I can't seem to make her work. I picked up Pommern, and she's immediately my favorite, best performing ship. But FDG with bigger, faster firing guns just consistently performs substantially less well for me with fewer barrels and without the utility of torpedoes to act as a deterrent or gut a big target up close.

[GNOME]
Members
87 posts
6,172 battles

FdG is still garbage statistically speaking.  Why pick an FdG if you could pick Alsace, Sovetsky Soyuz, or even Lion?

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
609 posts
3,903 battles
13 hours ago, CankedTank said:

FdG is still garbage statistically speaking.  Why pick an FdG if you could pick Alsace, Sovetsky Soyuz, or even Lion?

Some people like a challenge, it's uncommon enough that the owner stands out, and there's much more respect for a player that kicks butt in a mediocre ship than a chimp in another OP jokeboat.

[GNOME]
Members
87 posts
6,172 battles
12 hours ago, PrinzEugen85 said:

Some people like a challenge, it's uncommon enough that the owner stands out, and there's much more respect for a player that kicks butt in a mediocre ship than a chimp in another OP jokeboat.

True...but that's not a selling point.  Why should anybody bother with the German BB line knowing that they're getting a crapship at the end of the line?  They might as well remove the line for all the use it gets.

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
609 posts
3,903 battles
11 hours ago, CankedTank said:

True...but that's not a selling point.  Why should anybody bother with the German BB line knowing that they're getting a crapship at the end of the line?  They might as well remove the line for all the use it gets.

Because the rest of the line is amazing and Kurfurst is one of the scariest secondary meat grinders in the game.