You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jwatt_

Shortest Battle so far

22 comments in this topic

[NFR]
Members
139 posts
3,007 battles

Just had a match that lasted a grand total of 4 minutes and 43 seconds, when the game stopped and went to the end of battle screen I thought it crashed but nope game ended. That's my record for shortest game ever, what's yours? 

Screenshot (56).png

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (58).png

Members
4,711 posts
16,433 battles

Places tin foil hat on

That large clan vs non clan player disparity; is often a indicator. Either the game is gonna be a blowout, or your few good players (if their are any) are going to have to carry hard.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,606 posts
30,513 battles

You can find Potatoes in clans also.  The simple matter is the vast majority of the playerbase isn't good at all.  Clan or no clan.

OP, that happens every now and then and the only thing you can do is do what you can and try not to lose credits.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[NFR]
Members
139 posts
3,007 battles

Oh yeah and I’m not complaining that crap is gonna happen sometimes tbh it was more funny that anything I couldn’t stop laughing once I realized what happened 

Edited by jwatt_

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,606 posts
30,513 battles
8 minutes ago, jwatt_ said:

Oh yeah and I’m not complaining that crap is gonna happen sometimes tbh it was more funny that anything I couldn’t stop laughing once I realized what happened 

Oh it can get worse.  Imagine your team winning big, you help set it up to be that way, and then it somehow throws it for a loss at the end.

Members
4,711 posts
16,433 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Oh it can get worse.  Imagine your team winning big, you help set it up to be that way, and then it somehow throws it for a loss at the end.

These are the worst.

Im pretty certain, a good portion of the playerbase doesnt even know that ships are worth points.

[NFR]
Members
139 posts
3,007 battles
23 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

21 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

These are the worst.

Im pretty certain, a good portion of the playerbase doesnt even know that ships are worth points.

Yep this is what makes me want to throw my mouse through my monitor, instead I’ll take a break for an hour or so and go back to the good old Diablo 2, a lot easier on the wallet

• Cool 1

[5D3]
Members
1,483 posts
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You can easily guess what happened next. 🤣

1257460983_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_10.03-02_54_38_07.thumb.png.c8d04c61c3841ad7b3c2784b64ec269c.png

We've been telling our Colorado to just do nothing because time is on our side. Instead, he searched for the enemy Iowa, came around that small island, and then literally threw all of our teamwork to the bin.

"must be a bot" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1

[TMS]
Members
4,135 posts
42,836 battles
22 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

1257460983_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_10.03-02_54_38_07.thumb.png.c8d04c61c3841ad7b3c2784b64ec269c.png

We've been telling our Colorado to just do nothing because time is on our side. Instead, he searched for the enemy Iowa, came around that small island, and then literally threw all of our teamwork to the bin.

"must be a bot" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Had situations like that many times.

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
56 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

"must be a bot" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

holy crap,i had a match like that,we were gonna win by points,got kraken in my GC,our DD decides to hunt down the last enemy cruiser,montecuccoli,i tell guepard to not chase him,he says he knows how to play,he get killed with 3 secs remaining to end the match,we lose by points.

i hope he sold his ship.

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,611 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

5 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

These are the worst.

On the contrary. Those battles are the very best. 

Mainly because I’m typically on the red team, trying my hard wrest to enact a hard carry and pull victory from the jaws of defeat. If you get a battle like the above, then I’ve managed to carry - else I lose. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,606 posts
30,513 battles
6 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

These are the worst.

The funny part is some guys play smart enough to get in that winning position.  And then they go, "Okay now, we for sure got the win," and they get sloppy.  The sound decision making they did earlier to help the team get into a winning position goes out the window.  They take stupid risks to get off a few more salvos, try to get one more kill, do something blatantly stupid to get off a terrible torpedo salvo.  They die.  And then another "winning player" does something similar.  Meanwhile the "losing players" are desperately playing to WIN.  Another bad sign is the last few "losing players" are concentrated together.  That should be a red flag to not get stupid.  But noooooo....

Then you wind up on the wrong side of something like this:

That was a very old game from years ago, the meta has changed, the game has changed.  But player actions I think are still the same.

The only good thing I did that game was to not die.  The reds would have gotten the last points they needed if their pursuit of me was successful.

Members
2,445 posts
5,473 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I hate the games you know your winning. You have all 3 caps and the enemy team is kiting away from caps. All the while your team decides to YOLO rush them while they are kiting.  Basically half your team dies and enemy team gets the win in the end. 

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Ive had games shorter than three minutes at times. It takes about half that or a little more to get to any of the objectives. Once in a while one team gets summarily sunk and it's over just as you are getting past the foreplay towards the main event as it were.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
11 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

Places tin foil hat on

That large clan vs non clan player disparity; is often a indicator. Either the game is gonna be a blowout, or your few good players (if their are any) are going to have to carry hard.

It's a crap shoot with unknown clans though.

I could plug certain clan names in that right side, and it would indeed have the potential to be a blowout, just with the non-clan team being the winning side.

Members
1,244 posts
6,750 battles

4 minutes? that long, I was in one battle last night that was just enough time for the green team to form a lemming train on water and run through bots that formed a galulant m its like they were making a " what not to do" video

[TOG]
Members
4,751 posts
33,875 battles
7 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

holy crap,i had a match like that,we were gonna win by points,got kraken in my GC,our DD decides to hunt down the last enemy cruiser,montecuccoli,i tell guepard to not chase him,he says he knows how to play,he get killed with 3 secs remaining to end the match,we lose by points.

i hope he sold his ship.

Lol

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,899 posts
27,009 battles

Yeah, at least 3 matches last night were lost cause team wouldn't stop pushing....clear lead 3 or 4 caps to none, ahead by 400 pts. All we have to do is back off and wait for reds to commit but noooooooo!

It simply astounds sometimes.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
37,606 posts
30,513 battles
8 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

I hate the games you know your winning. You have all 3 caps and the enemy team is kiting away from caps. All the while your team decides to YOLO rush them while they are kiting.  Basically half your team dies and enemy team gets the win in the end. 

Seen that happen too many times.  They feed the last few red ships piecemeal and die one at a time.  Next thing you know the ship superiority your team once had a big advantage in is now gone.

I still vividly remember a game like that years ago.  A bunch of our guys did exactly that and the big win that we had set up earlier was bled away.  But we still had one trump card left:

The last DD in the game was on our team, a Yugumo, but he was down to 2k HP.

No Carriers.

No more enemy DDs.

Nothing could catch our Yugumo.

The reds however did have a healthy Cleveland.

Despite our team's idiocy, we still had time, cap situation in our favor.  The only thing that had to be done to win was for our Yugumo to simply sail away.  The reds can go from 1/3 caps to 2/3 caps in the remaining time, but they didn't have the points and time left to overtake our score.

But our Yugumo decides to attack.

I saw him turn towards the red ships' last spotted location, they were clearly going for the center cap for a comeback attempt.

I begged the Yugumo player to turn around, explained what he had to do to win, and why in team chat.

He kept on going.

I told him if he did what said, we'd win, he'd get Solo Warrior against those last handful of red ships.

He kept on going.

So I watched him up run into the stealthy Cleveland.  Spot it, initiated a gunfight as he tried to do a 180 degree turn to fire torpedoes at the Cleveland, who probably popped Hydro just in case.  Cleveland missed its first salvo.  Yugumo popped smoke as it retreated.  Didn't matter.  She was now in Cleveland's Radar range.  Cleveland doesn't miss anymore, nor did Cleveland's teammates.

We lose.

His torpedoes never arrived at their target because he got shot up, died, ending the game.

• Funny 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,516 posts
12,807 battles
19 hours ago, jwatt_ said:

Just had a match that lasted a grand total of 4 minutes and 43 seconds, when the game stopped and went to the end of battle screen I thought it crashed but nope game ended. That's my record for shortest game ever, what's yours? 

What I want know is how you went 14km in 5 minutes?! That's 160km/hr!

That's the boat I want!!!