You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soviet_CareBear

Plane loss on return bug not fixed?

8 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
3,691 battles

I’m still suffering massive amounts of plane losses on returning flights. I lost a whole flight on recall as if it ran into a flak burst but due to them in recall I can’t confirm. 

Several others I know are having the same issue so it has not been resolved even after it was stated to have been fixed on NA. 

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
23,105 battles
23 minutes ago, Soviet_CareBear said:

I’m still suffering massive amounts of plane losses on returning flights. I lost a whole flight on recall as if it ran into a flak burst but due to them in recall I can’t confirm. 

Several others I know are having the same issue so it has not been resolved even after it was stated to have been fixed on NA. 

Not sure if you are running into the delay after hitting the F key... there's a 2 second delay where planes still take damage after that...if they take a flak burst during that time it could account for what is occuring.

But if this is a seperated known about issue please disregard my possible hypothesis.

Members
16 posts
3,691 battles
11 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Not sure if you are running into the delay after hitting the F key... there's a 2 second delay where planes still take damage after that...if they take a flak burst during that time it could account for what is occuring.

But if this is a seperated known about issue please disregard my possible hypothesis.

It is flak I’m pretty sure that is killing the planes. Seems ships are firing flak within the inner AA range when you recall after a strike. 

[SCREW]
Members
14 posts
3,937 battles
21 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I think it's a separate issue, since the small flights that return to the carrier after dropping their ordnance are also losing their planes rapidly, not just the main squadron that you need to recall with F.

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
23,105 battles
39 minutes ago, Soviet_CareBear said:

It is flak I’m pretty sure that is killing the planes. Seems ships are firing flak within the inner AA range when you recall after a strike. 

If by "recall" you are referring to using the F key that is what I am referring to...there is a 2 second delay after using the F key where your planes continue to take damage...both constant AA damage & flak damage.

If you are trapped in an AA bubble it's best to try for an attack if 1 is possible because you will probably take some losses anyway & you'll have a chance of farming some damage & at least you will maintain control to dodge the flak if you know how to.

Members
16 posts
3,691 battles
48 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If by "recall" you are referring to using the F key that is what I am referring to...there is a 2 second delay after using the F key where your planes continue to take damage...both constant AA damage & flak damage.

If you are trapped in an AA bubble it's best to try for an attack if 1 is possible because you will probably take some losses anyway & you'll have a chance of farming some damage & at least you will maintain control to dodge the flak if you know how to.

I’m taking losses from planes returning from strikes or from manual recall. It is to the point I have been deplaned in Kaga, Hakuryu, and enterprise which has never happened to me post rework. 

I understand the delay but that is not the cause of the losses.  

[AAYC]
Members
4 posts
210 battles

Definitely not just you. While this isn't in-depth testing, someone has run a few numbers in training room after the "fix" was applied on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/j4qy2z/psa_undocumented_cv_changes_not_yet_fixed/

Very interesting is this picture from the comments, showing a Flak cloud spawn within very close distance of the ship and obliterating the squad, definitely not yet at the 3.5km minimum flak distance.

PW13WgH.png