You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Anime smoke - ever notice it?

51 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,180 posts

image.thumb.png.5ee4eb0eede7064980cf0c8193484b09.png

I haven't played an ARP Kongo it like, well, more than a year I bet. I don't recall seeing the anime-style smoke when you get sunk.

It's live action too so you know, it looks pretty good. Have you seen it? 

• Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles
20 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I haven't played an ARP Kongo it like, well, more than a year I bet. I don't recall seeing the anime-style smoke when you get sunk.

I've noticed it on a fair portion of my ships.  Hadn't associated it with anime', though.
Good catch on your part, @Herr_Reitz

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,180 posts
5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've noticed it on a fair portion of my ships.  Hadn't associated it with anime', though.
Good catch on your part, @Herr_Reitz

Thanks but hey, I know a lot of folks would like to lay their hands on those ARP ships. My money says they'll be back when subs finally go live. 

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Thanks but hey, I know a lot of folks would like to lay their hands on those ARP ships. My money says they'll be back when subs finally go live. 

I hope they return.  I want an I-401 for my Commander Iona.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,180 posts
5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I hope they return.  I want an I-401 for my Commander Iona.

This is why I think they will return. It was a decent collaboration first go-round. Kinda irritated a lot of us when it came back round the second time as essentially giveaways for just showing up. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,276 posts
23,147 battles
38 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

This is why I think they will return. It was a decent collaboration first go-round. Kinda irritated a lot of us when it came back round the second time as essentially giveaways for just showing up. 

What are you talking about...it was just giveaways the 1st time it came around. I've got them all & the 2nd time got the commanders & port slots for them & never spent a penny on them.

The most recent collaboration I missed or I'd have a bunch more port slots & even more squeaky voiced IJN commanders.

But those graphics are not just when you get sunk...any time you catch on fire you (& anybody else that has them turned on in the filters) can see them also.

BTW...when they became premiums...I don't know if you caught it or not but the article for that started out, "Our collaboration w/ARP continues"...as if it never ended.

They have been waiting a long time to be able to introduce:

45 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I want an I-401 for my Commander Iona.

So guessing your money (for them returning when subs drop) will probably be money well spent.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles
54 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I like the ARP effects. 

3490WKB.jpg

Most especially when torpedoes hit targets.

XHY3IjG.jpg

Me too.

[PVE]
Members
7,276 posts
23,147 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I like the ARP effects. 

3490WKB.jpg

Most especially when torpedoes hit targets.

XHY3IjG.jpg

I forgot about the torp hit animations...I was spacing it because there's no flooding animation like there is fire animations but the torp hit animations are cool...especially when you get multiple hits at once...like you were about to in that screen shot...wish you would have gotten the shot just a few seconds after that 1...would have been 3 or 4 blooms there...those are really cool.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,166 posts
22,715 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I've sold mine again for the third time. Just buy them back and run one battle in Coop for the goodies. I always have that anime stuff off so I never see the smoke. It just ain't my cup of tea.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

i heard the company went under,so the chances of getting another collab with them is zero.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,774 posts
25,041 battles
3 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

i heard the company went under,so the chances of getting another collab with them is zero.

I think you're thinking of HSF.

The ARP anime were done long ago.  Series was 2013 and movies in 2015, but the manga is still going.  We still got the re-run not that long ago despite the age.

Yamato

latest?cb=20160528220709

Musashi

latest?cb=20160528220243

10410675p.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Nagato

latest?cb=20160604185940

Melvin (Fletcher-class)

latest?cb=20150716051909image.png.fee11bdfaf3ea5ff79f0b4d1261566image.png.5da2dd1a6297475530a9c65f09800e

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,180 posts
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

What are you talking about...it was just giveaways the 1st time it came around. I've got them all & the 2nd time got the commanders & port slots for them & never spent a penny on them.

Well, keeping in mind my memories might not be the sharpest, I recall the original pass through the ships as being quite the irritating grind, stretched out over a long period of time. When they came back around the second time, they were so easy to obtain is was disgusting. 

But those are my memories. :cap_haloween: Your's are likely quite different. :cap_like:

By the way - is there a complete list of all the ARP ships? I'm pretty sure I sold many of them off... but for sure had all of them at one time. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles
58 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well, keeping in mind my memories might not be the sharpest, I recall the original pass through the ships as being quite the irritating grind, stretched out over a long period of time. When they came back around the second time, they were so easy to obtain is was disgusting. 

But those are my memories. :cap_haloween: Your's are likely quite different. :cap_like:

By the way - is there a complete list of all the ARP ships? I'm pretty sure I sold many of them off... but for sure had all of them at one time. 

I wasn't in WOWs the first time the Arpeggio of Blue Steel ships made an appearance.  The second time around I got the "all in one" bundle.
And I was able to welcome several Commanders, including Yotaroh, by completing in-game missions & directives.  So, I welcomed ships and welcomed some extra Commanders for ships I would welcome later.
I like the ARP Fleet of Fog and am glad an even better job of modeling them in-game was done the second time around.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/return-of-the-fleet-of-fog/

485292868_ArpeggioofBlueSteel_All-in-one_FleetofFog_screenshot_10-04-2020_.thumb.jpg.b74b490dcfab9500d39e5c4ae000374b.jpg

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles

World of Warships - ARPEGGIO OF BLUE STEEL -ARS NOVA-

Dec 16, 2015

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
300 posts
7,697 battles
10 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

yeah, that was one of the few times i raged at WG. I grinded so hard the first time.

When Japanese subs are a thing im going to make iona my commander for them, lol.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,564 posts
13,829 battles
On 10/3/2020 at 9:16 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

all the ARP and Dragon ships have that anime smoke.

Also the ARP cruiser torpedoes have an anime effect when they hit something.

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

It surprised me when I came back. I thought it was cool. I got all of the Fleet of Fog for free through a WoWS event, so my most difficult choice is which color scheme to play with. I don’t know anything about the show, so i don’t relate to certain ships or capitans.

I think I’ve settled on yellow, pink and purple for the most part between the Kongo and Myoko clones. The best part might be the Takao though. Solid ship. 

[WOLF3]
Members
28,774 posts
25,041 battles
On 10/4/2020 at 4:21 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

The original ARP runs in WoWS were indeed free and some grindy missions.

January 2016.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/arpeggio-blue-steel-debut/

The first "Kongo I" and "Myoko I" missions were pretty cutthroat.  RIP if you were sailing in one of those specific ships required to be killed during the event.  This was PVP only, no PVE options.  I remember at that time, game chat and the forums were filled with people angry about "Kill Stealing" and all that.  It was extremely toxic.

The aircraft kills were easy or hard, depending on if you played CVs.  If you did, then Strafe the s**t out of another CV player's squadrons.  If you didn't play CVs, then you had way less control about how and when you got aircraft kills.  I played a bit of Carriers, so that was easy for me.  For others... Well, godspeed!

There's another ARP mission event, one I can't find that followed this, that took place before the November 2016 one.

November 2016.  Get ARP Takao, a.k.a. "Free Premium Atago."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/kicksomearsnova/

Extremely heavy on BaseXPs. 

8k BaseXPs -> 12k -> 20k -> 30k -> 40k BaseXPs in a chain of missions.  Technically possible in Co-op, but with the numbers demanded by these mission chains, that would have been stupid to do in that mode of play.  Very hefty numbers demanded.

December 2016.  The last catch up ARP event until WG brings them back again in early 2020.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/seriouslylastchance/

Still grindy but the rewards were plentiful if you never got any of the ARP ships before.

Side note:  All this nostalgia made me remember another thing that WG was very different on in these first years.  For a while, the different servers would all have the same events, but missions were made up by the respective WG: NA, WG: EU, WG: ASIA, etc.  I remember the talk was EU had difficult event missions and NA had much milder ones.  There was some real salt about that.  Some time after those last ARP events in late 2016, WG did away with different server missions.  All missions later became standard across the servers.

@Wolfswetpaws The ARP event had a number of captains, among them a captain I-401.  Historically that was an IJN submarine and in the ARP franchise, that was still true.  We were joking back then about "Submarines when?" :Smile_trollface:

gsaiona7.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

One of the ARP captains I adore, because when the ship is on fire, she just absolutely loses her s**t :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
6 posts
1,909 battles

Pretty sure the sound effects for torpedo impacts from the ARP ships are also unique.

Anyone else notice other skins that have unique effects or sounds? I swear the AA guns on a G.Kurfurst with the Megatron camo were making laser sounds when I dive bombed it.

• Funny 1

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
On 10/3/2020 at 10:32 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

What are you talking about...it was just giveaways the 1st time it came around.

What are you talking about, we had to collect pearls ! there wasn't any give away.

• Meh 1