You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN

Will the USN BBs change?

54 comments in this topic

Members
132 posts
5,993 battles

I haven't seen any one person recommend these ships. They only reason I can see to play them is passive comedy relief. 

Will WG be happy with our feedback or will we get some form of re-design?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

you mean the new usn bbs?yeah they are comedy relief until tier10.

i dont remember any moment in wows history that the playerbase asked for those things,maybe WG made it just to see the NA reaction.

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,146 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

I haven't seen any one person recommend these ships. They only reason I can see to play them is passive comedy relief. 

WG normally goes by the spreadsheet to justify any changes. What would be interesting if they can't/won't make any changes because no one is playing them!

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
15 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

At bare minimum, these ships should've had a speed boost option from the start.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,057 posts
11,213 battles

Changes obviously aren’t unusual once they stats but I grind them when I feel like being tortured and eventually get to t10 where they will all likely sit as port queens until snow flakes events. I have none of the ships but honestly the thought of a slow bb like New Mexico and Colorado is completely uninteresting to me. I didn’t like those ships, they aren’t bad but that speed and long reload is not something my adhd will tolerate:)

• Cool 2

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,146 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

At bare minimum, these ships should've had a speed boost option from the start.

These are Tillman designs so 21 knots is the defining feature.30 sec reload is my desired change.

[YOU]
Beta Testers
401 posts
6,144 battles

I like being first, so I'll say I actually like the Minnesota 

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,269 posts
16,623 battles
6 minutes ago, brym7 said:

Here is a perfect example, if player base would see something happening, they need to elaborate more then just the above. Point form list why you like it, give ss and example if you can.

If you like thing to change, but your feedback as above. 100% nothing will change

regards,

• Meh 1

[ANZ4C]
Members
212 posts
7,444 battles

Honestly, they don't really need a lot to make them, well, fun. Drop the reload by 2/3 seconds, up the speed to 25knts, give them USN BB heal, and up the horsepower so the don't slow down to 18knts every time you touch the rudder.

Members
3,899 posts
14,048 battles
2 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Here is a perfect example, if player base would see something happening, they need to elaborate more then just the above. Point form list why you like it, give ss and example if you can.

If you like thing to change, but your feedback as above. 100% nothing will change

regards,

lol, what are you even talking about.

The guy said he liked it, he doesnt want the Minn changed.

• Thanks 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
12 minutes ago, brym7 said:

I beat you to the punch by a few days. :P

I will however say that my enjoyment of it is due to it being my only tier 9 american.

I went through and did a comparison, not sure if its the best, but i added in some feedback ive gotten from others who do PVP, and my experiences with it in COOp.

a fully upgraded Iowa without equipment VS my Minnesota with full equipment.

4 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

regards,

Edited by Princess_Daystar

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,269 posts
16,623 battles
3 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

The guy said he liked it, he doesnt want the Minn changed.

What are you talking about? LOL

If he like the Minn only, he should also give feedback why he like, even no change need, then he should specifically address in there as well

• Meh 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,187 posts

A forty second reload would require an 80 to 90 percent hit rate with substantial damage to even play against many tier X ships, don't you feel? 

• Cool 2

Members
3,899 posts
14,048 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

What are you talking about? LOL

If he like the Minn only, he should also give feedback why he like, even no change need, then he should specifically address in there as well

He never said he only liked the Minn.

You quoted the wrong people. The 3 people above who you quoted stated they wanted changes, but didnt expand upon it.

Why would you quote the one person who likes it? Then say well dont expect changes to him? Doesnt make any sense. 

• Confused 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,916 posts
18,170 battles
9 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

A forty second reload would require an 80 to 90 percent hit rate with substantial damage to even play against many tier X ships, don't you feel? 

With so many "missed shots" as the target turns broadside and then back to bow in while your guns are reloading.

I'm sure some will find them fine. But the constant waiting for the guns to load or to get your ship into the fight sounds boring. Even if the ships are balanced OK.

• Cool 1

[YOU]
Beta Testers
401 posts
6,144 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

regards,

I was been a bit cheeky by being first to say I like the ship here. I find my fondness to be from a subjective standpoint, but since you asked so nicely:

So Minnesota, a ship I think the term "slow and steady wins the race." I have found myself hating randoms and have been slowly retreating into Co-oP but Minnesota has renewed my interest.

Just something about the slower paced ship rubs me the right way. Yes the reload is the biggest hurdle I've found, but I've managed to work with it. The sailing speed I couldn't give a damn less about. I just play her like a slower Montana, the bane of all broadsiding cruisers. But that slowness make operating near islands easier. Usually I find myself beaching too often in faster ships, but the slow top speed and an alright turning circle means I've only ever beach once while hugging the land.

As a 'kick my feet up, pop in some tunes, and hunt broadsides while WASDing' it just clicks with me.

Now, I don't know was 'ss' means other than subs, and I don't have one of those :p, but examples? Eh, I have these screen graps I guess

8lOfnQI.png

0bMGiBQ.png

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,269 posts
16,623 battles
1 minute ago, Rollingonit said:

Doesnt make any sense. 

here it is again:

48 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I didn’t like those ships, they aren’t bad but that speed and long reload is not something my adhd will tolerate:)

42 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

These are Tillman designs so 21 knots is the defining feature.30 sec reload is my desired change.

Here are some perfect examples, if player base would see something happening, they need to elaborate more then just the above. Point form list why you like it, give ss and example if you can.

regards,

:Smile_teethhappy:

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,370 posts
10,306 battles

All I can say is I saw a red Vermont on a battle...

Shot it at 24km distance and it was rougly 45 degree angled from my shells.

Landed 3 citadels on the poor fella.

Later I saw him fire a broadside..which missed all shells on a ship just 12km away. Then he died slowly and horribly as cruisers HE'd him to death as the crew was reloading those guns with one hand tied behind their back.

• Cool 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,586 posts
15,822 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Vermont is among the most accurate BB at T10 sitting at 1.95 sigma with USN formula and the ability to mount the accuracy mod. As for the T9 and T8 they are less accurate with respectively 1.8 and 1.5 sigma but they both have 12 big guns (in case you're not aware, the only ship that currently has 12 guns at T9 is Alsace but she only carries 380mm which has been indirectly nerf by the increases of cruiser with 27mm armour or thicker. And same goes for Vermont, the only ship at T10 that carries 12 guns is Bourgogne but again, they're only 380mm.  Montana, Kurfurst, Conqueror and Bourgogne may have 12 guns but they're all <430mm meaning 30mm (27mm for Bourgogne) is enough to avoid getting blaped regardless of the angle.

Also I'm not even mentioning the alpha potential 12 US 457mm AP have.

Kansas is the only one that may look frustrating having both slow speed and poor sigma but 12 406mm guns at T8 ain't a joke, and vs T6 you're pretty much deadly against any ship within your firing range.

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,269 posts
16,623 battles
4 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

Shot it at 24km distance and it was rougly 45 degree angled from my shells.

do you still keep the replay? can i have

before during testing phase, i dont get citadel from that distant or with that angle

also,

question to all of players, do you guys need a review similar to Mouse about the line from t7 to t10? see if i can cook up something???

lots of players dislike it, but they forgot a couple of things

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,355 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

Will WG be happy with even read our feedback

No, this is not the erver they take feedback from; that would be the Russian Server, their home server.

1 hour ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

will we get some form of re-design?

Yes, they are going to redesign your wallet into a new slimmer shape by removing all your money.

29 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Here is a perfect example, if player base would see something happening, they need to elaborate more then just the above. Point form list why you like it, give ss and example if you can. If you like thing to change, but your feedback as above. 100% nothing will change

This is the reason WG doesn't listen to their playerbase; we don't provide feedback PROPERLY!!

12 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

Landed 3 citadels on the poor fella.

That's a paddlin'!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,449 posts
12,406 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

actually the slowest speed of all the Tillman designs were 25.2 knots, only the 1920s SoDak design, which the Kansas is most likely designed after, was under that 25 knot top speed at 23 knots, so only the Kansas really has a 23 knot top speed, Minni and Verm should have at least a 25 knot top speed

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,604 posts
4,223 battles

Is anything major going to change with them? Probably not, they're live now which means WG is satisfied with how they're performing at the moment. If they see they're performing either below or above average after a few patch cycles they'll probably adjust them accordingly. Most lines get some adjustment after release. WG is very good at balancing things. The playstyle however is probably not going to change.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,449 posts
12,406 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

WG is very good at balancing things

Looks at CVs, Radar, and just about everything in general

surely this is sarcasm

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,604 posts
4,223 battles
Just now, tcbaker777 said:

Looks at CVs, Radar, and just about everything in general

surely this is sarcasm

Nope. Balance means that statistically a ship doesn't perform above or below (in terms of damage and WR) other ships at its tier. WG is very good at looking at the numbers and making sure that happens.

It has little to do with how fun that ship is to play or play against. There's a reason the SpreadsheetTM is a joke around here, WG has a tendency of looking at the numbers and sometimes not considering the fun factor (which admittedly is a lot harder to measure).

Don't confuse balance with fun to play or good for the game, they are not the same thing.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1