Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mozoilla02

How Long Would it Take to Get 20k Steel?

22 comments in this topic

[TXC]
Members
72 posts
4,714 battles

I played my first real rank season and got rank 5, dont see my self getting farther than that in any other ranked season. I play clan battles every night but me and my clan are a little above average so we will not really get too far. I want Bourgogne so to any who has it how long did it take?

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,190 posts
5,624 battles
12 minutes ago, mozoilla02 said:

I played my first real rank season and got rank 5, dont see my self getting farther than that in any other ranked season. I play clan battles every night but me and my clan are a little above average so we will not really get too far. I want Bourgogne so to any who has it how long did it take?

Its hard to put an exact number on it. If you are playing clan AND ranked battles she will come around in no time flat. Need a couple seasons of each and you will be golden. Be sure to save that coupon!

And believe me, Bourgogne is well worth the grind/wait:Smile_izmena:

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles
3 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

And believe me, Bourgogne is well worth the grind/wait:Smile_izmena:

Definitely agree with that statement. I got mine at the end of the anniversary event for the extra SC, and while the SC itself wasn't great (yep, another 100 det flags), I've been having a ton of fun playing the ship. It's even better than Jean Bart for farming main battery hits (one of my previous go to ships for BB main hit ribbon missions if French BBs are allowed) and as long as you know how to position and flank it can still get great numbers. But unlike some of the other high tier battleships, you need to know which ammo to use at all times and when to switch between them.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

The ranked rewards are fairly obv. from the page.

But whats the returns of SteAl like for clan wars? 
This'll be my first season doing them, so pretty curious.

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles
3 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

The ranked rewards are fairly obv. from the page.

But whats the returns of SteAl like for clan wars? 
This'll be my first season doing them, so pretty curious.

It varies by season and tier, but the last few have been a total of 10-11k. Season 9 gave 11k steel with a decent portion in the lower three leagues, season 10 gave 10k with more wins required for less steel and most of the steel in the higher leagues.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
Just now, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It varies by season and tier, but the last few have been a total of 10-11k. Season 9 gave 11k steel with a decent portion in the lower three leagues, season 10 gave 10k with more wins required for less steel and most of the steel in the higher leagues.

Higher leagues suck, I have no clue where I stand for CBs to know whether id be able to get into them.
11k SteAl would be lovely though, droolworthy even.

[BUOY]
Members
1,129 posts
15,579 battles

Don't count out the daily steel either. Up to 40 / 42 / 44 per day depending on your clan bonus may seem like a pittance, but it does add up. 30 days worth is 1200 / 1260 / 1320 steel all gotten without any competitive play.

There's also the odd steel giveaways like the 5th stage of the Swirsky campaign awarding 500 steel (you still have 3 weeks to get that if you haven't) and there's Xmas coming up which will probably have steel flakes and such as well as possibly steel in the directives / dockyard (although how obtainable THAT steel if it's there will be is up to WG).

Finally the Ranked rework is coming up which I think might make steel easier to obtain.

But even with all this, the Burger is definitely a long term ship that, unless they're insanely generous with steel this Xmas you should probably shoot for getting sometime during the next 6 months (i.e. feel free to use your current coupon on a Thunderer / Pommern / Georgia or etc. coal ship). For me I usually grind to rank 6 or 5 and my clan is usually Storm league which equates to 8-9k steel per 'competitive season.' I've been pretty diligent in grinding out daily steel which supplemented the fact that this last CB season everyone hated and we somewhat boycotted.

[TXC]
Members
72 posts
4,714 battles
33 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

Don't count out the daily steel either. Up to 40 / 42 / 44 per day depending on your clan bonus may seem like a pittance, but it does add up. 30 days worth is 1200 / 1260 / 1320 steel all gotten without any competitive play.

There's also the odd steel giveaways like the 5th stage of the Swirsky campaign awarding 500 steel (you still have 3 weeks to get that if you haven't) and there's Xmas coming up which will probably have steel flakes and such as well as possibly steel in the directives / dockyard (although how obtainable THAT steel if it's there will be is up to WG).

Finally the Ranked rework is coming up which I think might make steel easier to obtain.

But even with all this, the Burger is definitely a long term ship that, unless they're insanely generous with steel this Xmas you should probably shoot for getting sometime during the next 6 months (i.e. feel free to use your current coupon on a Thunderer / Pommern / Georgia or etc. coal ship). For me I usually grind to rank 6 or 5 and my clan is usually Storm league which equates to 8-9k steel per 'competitive season.' I've been pretty diligent in grinding out daily steel which supplemented the fact that this last CB season everyone hated and we somewhat boycotted.

Interesting, storm league is what me and my clan are looking to get to this season, so thanks for letting me know that steel amount.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,661 posts
12,069 battles

20K steel at maximum velocity is about half a year through only clan battles and ranked. At a sanity-keeping velocity, you can do it in about a year.

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,129 posts
15,579 battles
21 minutes ago, mozoilla02 said:

Interesting, storm league is what me and my clan are looking to get to this season, so thanks for letting me know that steel amount.

To clarify, Storm league is usually 6500 steel. Rank 6 is usually 2500 steel and with the schedule they've had that has meant 9k steel from competitive every three months or so (i.e. 9 month for the Burger) but with 'other' steel I've been able to use my ship coupon on a steel ship every time (granted one of those ships was the Black). Daily steel of course can accelerate that timetable even further.

[DTM]
Members
93 posts

I don't understand the math you guys use in saying 6 months. I've been playing 1 month and 3 weeks.

I have 13k Steel granted got 1500 steel 3 times from supers and have 163k coal.

Going on my 4th Tier X......Only issue I've had is credits lol

[--K--]
Supertester
1,398 posts
13,244 battles
14 minutes ago, MillenniumDuck said:

I don't understand the math you guys use in saying 6 months. I've been playing 1 month and 3 weeks.

I have 13k Steel granted got 1500 steel 3 times from supers and have 163k coal.

Going on my 4th Tier X......Only issue I've had is credits lol

That's extremely lucky. I think I only have 3 1500  drops ever , you've also been helped by the daily steel that only started in March or so. 

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,138 battles

Well, does your clan  have the steel port because that's 10% extra right now? Also there's currently a daily drop of 40 steel daily, so it comes to 44 steel every day. That comes to 1.32k coal monthly. That is if you do all the required missions. Then add clan battles and ranked and hopefully the snow flake at the end of the year, figure 1 years time.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,774 posts
5,414 battles

A couple dozen a day if I play.

3 years plus if I play every day. There is no point. I have been in the game 5.

Edited by xHeavy

[KIA-C]
Members
3,580 posts
15,795 battles

You can start by unlocking your daily 20 steel. It may looks like nothing at first but 20*100=2000. By basically playing 100 days (roughly a bit more than 3 month) doing simple dailies you can earn 2k steel.

Now add CB and ranked, I would say a year should be doable. 

[DOG]
Members
1,220 posts
12,663 battles
17 hours ago, mozoilla02 said:

If grind ranked to rank 6 and get into the second league from the bottom in clan, you can get 3,000-4,000 per season.  And ranked is going to be moving to an almost continuous event, with a new season starting right after the previous one ends.  Plus there will probably be a snowflake event in December.  If you want to maximize it, grind as many tech trees as you can to get tier VIII, IX, and X ships in your port.

[TXC]
Members
72 posts
4,714 battles
14 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Well, does your clan  have the steel port because that's 10% extra right now? Also there's currently a daily drop of 40 steel daily, so it comes to 44 steel every day. That comes to 1.32k coal monthly. That is if you do all the required missions. Then add clan battles and ranked and hopefully the snow flake at the end of the year, figure 1 years time.

Our clan is maxed I think or we are 1 their off a couple

[TXC]
Members
72 posts
4,714 battles
48 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

If grind ranked to rank 6 and get into the second league from the bottom in clan, you can get 3,000-4,000 per season.  And ranked is going to be moving to an almost continuous event, with a new season starting right after the previous one ends.  Plus there will probably be a snowflake event in December.  If you want to maximize it, grind as many tech trees as you can to get tier VIII, IX, and X ships in your port.

That's honestly a good idea, I need to start grinding.

[TXC]
Members
72 posts
4,714 battles
16 hours ago, Compassghost said:

20K steel at maximum velocity is about half a year through only clan battles and ranked. At a sanity-keeping velocity, you can do it in about a year.

Fortunately my sanity went out the window after this ranked season so its gonna be half a year.

Sign in to follow this