Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Slimeball91

How to turn orange in 45 minutes or less.

19 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts

How do you turn, not pink, but orange, in less than 45 minutes?  You let your friend's 12 year old son play your ships unsupervised.  My good friend and his son came over to my house last night for a visit.  I hadn't seen them in a while with the lockdown.  No kid wants to sit around while the old guys talk, so I thought I'd let him play some of my ships while his dad and I shoot the breeze.  I got get him started playing BBs in co-op, and he thought the ARP Kongo looked cool.  He's a gamer so he actually picked things up really quickly.  After a few games we left him on his own and we went downstairs.  Another 45 minutes or so and they were heading home.  I walked them to the door, then went to shut the game down.  Doing that I noticed my username at to the top left of the screen was orange, what the heck?  I looked at the notifications and saw the kid had a few friendly fire incidents...

Turns out he found the DDs and was playing the kitakaze and harugumo, and my harugumo was loaded up with nice camo and flags for ranked :Smile_sad:.  I've known the kid for most of his life, he's a good kid and he takes gaming pretty seriously so I don't think he was deliberately damaging teammates.  My guess is he didn't fully understand the consequences of using torpedoes.  Oh well, I'll be working off the 8 game penalty today.  If you were playing co-op last night and on the receiving end of this, sorry about that.     

• Funny 2
  • Sad 1

[GWG]
Members
7,282 posts
14,089 battles

So start a 'Visitor' account for such occasions...   T1, T2, and a couple big slow battleships.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

So start a 'Visitor' account for such occasions...   T1, T2, and a couple big slow battleships.

How is that done? 

• Meh 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

How do you turn, not pink, but orange, in less than 45 minutes?  You let your friend's 12 year old son play your ships unsupervised.  My good friend and his son came over to my house last night for a visit.  I hadn't seen them in a while with the lockdown.  No kid wants to sit around while the old guys talk, so I thought I'd let him play some of my ships while his dad and I shoot the breeze.  I got get him started playing BBs in co-op, and he thought the ARP Kongo looked cool.  He's a gamer so he actually picked things up really quickly.  After a few games we left him on his own and we went downstairs.  Another 45 minutes or so and they were heading home.  I walked them to the door, then went to shut the game down.  Doing that I noticed my username at to the top left of the screen was orange, what the heck?  I looked at the notifications and saw the kid had a few friendly fire incidents...

Turns out he found the DDs and was playing the kitakaze and harugumo, and my harugumo was loaded up with nice camo and flags for ranked :Smile_sad:.  I've known the kid for most of his life, he's a good kid and he takes gaming pretty seriously so I don't think he was deliberately damaging teammates.  My guess is he didn't fully understand the consequences of using torpedoes.  Oh well, I'll be working off the 8 game penalty today.  If you were playing co-op last night and on the receiving end of this, sorry about that.     

A likely story

:cap_haloween:

• Meh 3

[WPORT]
Members
7,089 posts
12,076 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

That's your story and I encourage you to stick to it.  :Smile_teethhappy:

+1

Or let them play your Public Test Server account?

[WPORT]
Members
7,089 posts
12,076 battles

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

How is that done? 

As far as I know, one would need an e-mail and possibly a phone number.
I think one could just add an account to their existing game, to conserve space on a computer's HDD/SSD.

1584253265_Addinganaccountmenu_10-03-2020_.thumb.jpg.25c06336c3eb143684228a32779bdc12.jpg

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
Edited to add a picture

[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts
1 minute ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

A likely story

:cap_haloween:

Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

That's your story and I encourage you to stick to it.  

Ha, if I had done it myself I wouldn't be afraid to admit it.  I don't get too fussed over accidentally hitting friendlies in co-op, and I don't get upset when it happens to me.  It's part of the game when everyone is playing super aggressively to get your share of the xp.   

I never heard anything about a visitor account before.  Besides, I thought what could possibly go wrong with the kid playing a few games in a kongo...

[WPORT]
Members
7,089 posts
12,076 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

I never heard anything about a visitor account before.  Besides, I thought what could possibly go wrong with the kid playing a few games in a kongo...

Education is sometimes *expensive*, and, experience is one heck of a teacher.  :Smile_veryhappy:

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I hope you don't mind if I just paste the above into ingame chat anytime someone asks why I'm pink.

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Meh 2

[GWG]
Members
7,282 posts
14,089 battles

I set up a kid to use the WOWS game as a babysitter once.

He was pretty bad with it, but had fun anyway.  It's how I found out certain things about Co-Op..

#1)  If you shoot and don't hit the bots, they will miss you with all their shots too.

#2) They will let you sail right past them if you are not aggressive.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,938 posts
4 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

#1)  If you shoot and don't hit the bots, they will miss you with all their shots too.

#2) They will let you sail right past them if you are not aggressive.

Yeah... let's see some actual evidence of that.

[GWG]
Members
7,282 posts
14,089 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Yeah... let's see some actual evidence of that.

Go...

Tier 1...   any ship..

Co-OP

Hire a zero point captain...  (don't spend any credits on this)

'Battle'   Fire into the water...  shoot islands...   Don't shoot or hit any bots.. 

You will be AMAZED !!   They will sail right up to you and miss you with their shots.

Eritrea_ZeroDamage_WinGame.jpg

Edited by AVR_Project

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
470 posts

Go...

Tier 1...   any ship..

Co-OP

Hire a zero point captain...  (don't spend any credits on this)

'Battle'   Fire into the water...  shoot islands...   Don't shoot or hit any bots.. 

You will be AMAZED !!   They will sail right up to you and miss you with their shots.

Eritrea_ZeroDamage_WinGame.jpg

To be fair, at tier one the bots do that all the time. Shooting them and sinking them, or taking a sight seeing tour and shooting just buildings and trees, they miss you MUCH more often than hit you.

Cirran

[GWG]
Members
7,282 posts
14,089 battles
7 hours ago, Cirran said:

To be fair, at tier one the bots do that all the time. Shooting them and sinking them, or taking a sight seeing tour and shooting just buildings and trees, they miss you MUCH more often than hit you.

Cirran

Then try shooting at them accurately.  You'll soon see that laser accurate bot sniper action...   Especially at 1.2Km range !!!

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,938 posts

Just tested this out of morbid curiosity, and as always, whether you fire or not, whether you miss or hit, the bots have great aim and fire to kill.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
171 posts
16,120 battles

This is funny but also not for the account holder,my sympathy's. I had a simuliar experience a few years ago with a visiting youngster gamer however he did not do damage to team mates for any kind of pink or orange.He just kept playing and playing.....the longest losing streak on my acount 26 straight games!....LOL....afterwards I created a second account for a guest to use and now that I  retired to just Co-op I use it from time to time to check on things and remind myself why I went back to co-op.

Sign in to follow this