Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rose_Bomb

Steel and Coal used together?

7 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
Members
59 posts
5,508 battles

So, this may seem like an idiotic thing. I'm currently working on getting some more steel, but I was curious if it was possible to have a steel amount under the requirement needed, but have enough Coal to finish off the payment. I'm wondering if this is the case due to the fact I get a loads of coal, but none of the Coal ships really interest me and I'm hoping to get a Steel ship or two. 

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
6 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

You can convert steel to coal, but not coal to steel.

This guy is right

[CO-OP]
Members
1,862 posts
26,728 battles

Yeah one way street only, preserves the rarity of the steel ships.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Yeah the conversion only works one way which is stupid in my opinion.  Then again I don't believe in exclusive ships that are gated behind resources that most players will never be able to acquire due to multiple reasons.   For example, I have exactly 4450 steel to my name and haven't spent any of it yet.  This is the entire amount I have saved....SINCE STEEL BECAME A THING.  Yeah doubt I will be buying a Steel ship any time soon.  Same goes for the RB.  Most people will never earn the RP necessary to buy these ships.  

Honestly I don't understand why WG goes to the trouble of designing and building ships that 80-90% of the player will never get a chance to use.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,245 posts
4,766 battles
6 hours ago, Rose_Bomb said:

none of the Coal ships really interest me

If you don't have Salem, then you don't know the Witch of Destruction.

[PHU]
Members
239 posts
5,247 battles

Steel is in a position of WG wanting to keep it as an exclusive reward for ranked & clan battles and they only offer it in breadcrumb amounts in dailies and during the New Year snowflakes. This basically creates two groups; people who have no issue collecting it, and people who will never have enough to buy anything so they just see whatever they have as an extra source of coal. Not quite sure how many people are in a position like me who don't have the time to play more than a handful of battles at later hours. WG won't change it as the exclusive reward in those modes and they won't allow a coal to steel conversion because coal is too easy to earn. Management could end up changing and suddenly they monetize it more the way they sold the steel campaign.

Sign in to follow this