You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
arka0415

Losing returning planes not yet fixed

16 comments in this topic

[SCREW]
Members
14 posts
3,937 battles

Since WG announced yesterday that the CV bug (where excessive numbers of planes were destroyed during recall) was fixed, I've run several tests in training rooms using Hakuryu and Audacious, against a single stationary Yamato.

Hakuryu: 5 planes destroyed during attack runs, 11 planes destroyed during recall

Audacious: 1 plane destroyed during attack runs, 6 planes destroyed during recall

This vast majority of plane losses were during recall, which seems to indicate that this issue has not yet been fixed, at least on the NA server.

Has anyone else had this experience, or does the game seem to have returned to normal for you?

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

Define recall. The F key press takes 3x longer to return to safe altitude than planes with dropped ordinance do. If you're recalling with F key inside of AA that's how it always worked ever since the F key spam abuse was patched out shortly after CV rework.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,824 battles
2 hours ago, arka0415 said:

Since WG announced yesterday that the CV bug (where excessive numbers of planes were destroyed during recall) was fixed, I've run several tests in training rooms using Hakuryu and Audacious, against a single stationary Yamato.

Hakuryu: 5 planes destroyed during attack runs, 11 planes destroyed during recall

Audacious: 1 plane destroyed during attack runs, 6 planes destroyed during recall

This vast majority of plane losses were during recall, which seems to indicate that this issue has not yet been fixed, at least on the NA server.

Has anyone else had this experience, or does the game seem to have returned to normal for you?

It has not been fixed. I also still have the same issues.

@Hapa_Fodder

[SCREW]
Members
14 posts
3,937 battles
2 hours ago, ICodyVenomChl said:

Define recall. The F key press takes 3x longer to return to safe altitude than planes with dropped ordinance do. If you're recalling with F key inside of AA that's how it always worked ever since the F key spam abuse was patched out shortly after CV rework.

Maybe "recall" was the wrong word. I'm referring to the flights which automatically return to the carrier after dropping ordnance.

The squadron I am in control of seems to receive AA damage as normal, losing planes occasionally as they operate within enemy AA range. Automatically-returning squadrons still appear to be receiving increased AA damage, representing the vast majority of planes lost.

This seems to show that the bug hasn't been patched, and that we're still waiting for that hotfix.

• Cool 1

[SCREW]
Members
14 posts
3,937 battles

Just ran some tests, 20 squadrons, 10 from Hakuryu and 10 from Audacious, all striking a single, armed, stationary, medium AI Yamato. Normally the kind of target a CV can strike without worrying too much about losses. Here are the results:

Hakuryu (10 squadrons)

18 planes destroyed in squadron (26.1%)

51 planes destroyed while returning to carrier (73.9%)

Audacious (10 squadrons)

11 planes destroyed in squadron (26.8%)

30 planes destroyed while returning to carrier (73.2%)

All in all, that's 73.6% of planes lost while returning to the carrier - this bug definitely hasn't been fixed yet.

[SCREW]
Members
14 posts
3,937 battles

Here's a screenshot of 2 Ark Royal torpedo bombers being destroyed by a flak explosion fired at extremely short range by a stationary Yamato. Possible cause of the bug?

Untitled.png

[-BUI-]
Members
2,444 posts
6,435 battles

Plane losses are crazy high right now.   By mid-game I'm running out of attack planes

[5D]
Members
1,115 posts
14,437 battles

I only played fdr , and noticed a lots more flak than usual , I think WG doubled the flak this patch unless it another bug which wouldn't be surprising

[PSV]
WoWS Community Contributors
45 posts
4,261 battles

Aaaaand this is why I haven't been creating content as often as I did before 9.9. This patch literally screwed the class other than kaga and fdr lol. Played indomitable on stream this morning and was deplaned 5 minutes in LOL yikes

[SEAST]
Members
63 posts
10,229 battles
8 hours ago, ReimuBakarei said:

Aaaaand this is why I haven't been creating content as often as I did before 9.9. This patch literally screwed the class other than kaga and fdr lol. Played indomitable on stream this morning and was deplaned 5 minutes in LOL yikes

Before 0.9.9 all planes had a fixed 3 seconds time before reach invulnerability, and only the carpet bombers had the privilige of 2.5 seconds. Now all planes need to reach a certain height, so the lower your attack goes the longer your planes stay in AA. Guess which of the bombers have the lowest attack altitude? 

British CVs were already the weakest, now they are simply a negative asset to bring in a game.

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,526 posts
3,480 battles

WG needs to stop listening to the casual dumb surface ship mafia for a bit and give carriers more attention. even though surface ships rakes in more dough for them than carriers they still need to pay attention to us! surface ships got more than enough focus time to put the brakes on for them for a while if you ask me.

[I_K_U]
[I_K_U]
Members
49 posts
3,734 battles

If they had kept the old RTS system, the losses would have been more tolerable. Mostly due to the flack being spread out over a larger area, as well as the AA having more targets. We never had this issue pre patch, unless there was an Atlanta or Iowa involved, though Yammi really shouldnt have that much flack anyways. Unless there using a weird mix of her 41' and 45" setup for AA. mostly cause the fuses wouldn't allow a detonation that close.

Armament:
Edited by hammerfall314