You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Unbelieveable

30 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

I joke about WG hating me because whatever type of hit I need it seems I can't buy one. I'm grinding the directive for US & German DD's requiring 80 flooding or fire ribbons.

I'm getting flooding ribbons at a normal pace but fire ribbons are non-existent. I'm using flags but right now I don't think I could start a fire with napalm. It is like WG determined I am not allowed to start a fire with these DD's.

I might as well be using Italian SAP. It is terrible.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,835 battles
3 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I joke about WG hating me because whatever type of hit I need it seems I can't buy one. I'm grinding the directive for US & German DD's requiring 80 flooding or fire ribbons.

I'm getting flooding ribbons at a normal pace but fire ribbons are non-existent. I'm using flags but right now I don't think I could start a fire with napalm. It is like WG determined I am not allowed to start a fire with these DD's.

Tinfoil hat says that the 'RNG' knows your progress on directives (after all, it tracks it for you) and reduces your chance to get you to keep pulling the 'Let's Battle' lever...

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,479 posts
14,823 battles
8 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I have found that using a cruiser in co-op works good for citadels or fires.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Tinfoil hat says that the 'RNG' knows your progress on directives (after all, it tracks it for you) and reduces your chance to get you to keep pulling the 'Let's Battle' lever...

If I get my hands on that tinfoil hat I'll use the tinfoil in my smoker the next time I smoke some baby back ribs. That way I'll get a productive use out of the tinfoil in the hat.

It does seem that RNG knows which directive you're on.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

It's hard to complete a DD directive with a cruiser :cap_wander_2:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The mission requires DDs.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts
2 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

It does seem that RNG knows which directive you're on.

Of course it does. that's an easy programming trick. Lots of games use it.

• Boring 1

[SBS]
Members
6,126 posts

I assume you're playing in co-op.  I've found the bots to be pretty fire resistant.  Of course, they set you on fire with the first shell that hits you.

• Cool 1

[-CFI-]
Members
367 posts
3,773 battles

I had the same experience with that Directive. I had one battle with 120 main battery HE hits and 0 fires set. Usually I'd set just one or two fires.

Torpedoes were the way to go, reliably setting floods about 20% of hits.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,479 posts
14,823 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

It's hard to complete a DD directive with a cruiser :cap_wander_2:

1 hour ago, z9_ said:

The mission requires DDs.

Missed that. :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,360 posts
22,158 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Try  tier 7 or 8.

You shouldn't see many tier 10 with 50% built v in fire reduction. 

[WOLF3]
Members
28,780 posts
25,041 battles

I remember doing this mission with Gearing and Fletcher, but mostly Gearing.  Took work, but nothing out of the ordinary.

You're not going to be piling a lot of DD Fires in a typically short 3-5 minute Co-op game.

1.  It's RNG.

2.  USN & German DD Gun fire chances are low.

3.  Spamming HE shells at targets getting focused and fires getting set by other people... You can't stack fires on top of another fire.  Find a target not getting focused down.

Floods?  If attacking Battleships, they got TDS systems.  TDS reduces the chances of landing floods.  Hit BB targets at the extremities where the TDS / Torpedo Bulges do not extend to... Except Minnesota, hers reaches pretty far into her bow.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SCOM]
Members
221 posts
9,518 battles
59 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I assume you're playing in co-op.  I've found the bots to be pretty fire resistant.  Of course, they set you on fire with the first shell that hits you.

Good thing about the bots though is they insta damage control.  So more fires 

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,964 battles

Have you ever played an MMO that has you collect 10 bear asses and when you don't have that quest there are bears o'plenty.  Then you get the quest and they all dry up mysteriously.  Yeah, they know, but German DDs don't have particularly high fire chance, do they?

'

[WOLF3]
Members
28,780 posts
25,041 battles
24 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Have you ever played an MMO that has you collect 10 bear asses and when you don't have that quest there are bears o'plenty.  Then you get the quest and they all dry up mysteriously.  Yeah, they know, but German DDs don't have particularly high fire chance, do they?

'

German DDs, not really.  Z-46 has 7%.  Fletcher has a paltry 5%, but she fires a bit faster.

I had plenty of games with 127mm armed Atlanta, having 500, 600 hits in a game with those DD size guns, and I got only 2-3 fires for my efforts.

DD guns have very low fire chances and rely on volume of hits... And even then it may not be enough.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,181 posts
1,485 battles
6 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

:Smile_great: Yup rng knows everything :fish_nerv:

[PVE]
Members
380 posts
3,207 battles
7 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

And the second third fourth.  Seventh ninth twelfth.  

[FOXEH]
Members
1,944 posts
12,778 battles
9 hours ago, kgh52 said:

If you can afford it, get a Thunderer in the Armory, 80 fire ribbons is nothing with that thing, and its a sniper too.  stay long range, use HE, wreak havoc.  

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,835 battles
1 hour ago, comtedumas said:

If you can afford it, get a Thunderer in the Armory, 80 fire ribbons is nothing with that thing, and its a sniper too.  stay long range, use HE, wreak havoc.  

It's not a US or German DD...

[WOLFG]
Members
31,329 posts
9,629 battles
9 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Try  tier 7 or 8.

You shouldn't see many tier 10 with 50% built v in fire reduction. 

Or go T6 even.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
11 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Oddly enough I feel kind of the same way.  I know it is all tinfoils hats here but often it very much feels like whenever your working on a directive, some magic switch is flicked and all of a sudden the directive is 100x harder than it should be.  The "Victorious" is my bane because every time I try to complete a directive, mission, task or whatever with this condition, I am guaranteed to go on a hardcore losing streak.

[DMGS]
Members
81 posts
6,221 battles

I chose to go with the 600k damage one instead. If you got a Kiev or some other DD with reasonable speed and caliber then you can just farm superstructure with 1.5-2k damage volleys whole safely hidden from the bots in smoke.

Edited by Firewalk

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
On 10/3/2020 at 12:09 AM, Slimeball91 said:

I think bots set you on fire if they hit a ship on the other side of the map :Smile_facepalm:

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
18 hours ago, comtedumas said:

I don't believe the Thunderer will count as a DD in directives.

• Funny 1