Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

Bismarck vs Hood 8mm Film

5 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
365 posts
1,716 battles

I have been playing now for over a year. My Father got me interested in Warships as he is a Veteran and also plays the game. I was watching some videos on YouTube about the battle between Hood and Bismarck.

Two things struck me as I watched this colorized version taken from the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen. 1. I am not hearing gunfire from the Prinz Eugene. 2. Bismarck is down by the bow and the waves are washing over her bow. It looks to me also that she is slightly listing to her Port side. If Hood didn't hit her as the experts say, Prince of Wales with an inexperienced crews and guns that kept jamming hit her very early in the battle. Watch the video and tell me what you Gentleman and Ladies think. I find this stuff so interesting!

Bismarck-1940.jpg

Edited by HeidiAngel
Spelling
  • Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
15,145 posts
26,771 battles

The way I always like to say it;

The ‘Premium’ ship got detonated early in the battle; and the stock KGV did the damage that would ultimately lead to the fully upgraded Bismarck’s destruction.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
356 posts

You may know this, but the original film has no sound.  All the sound was added in, that's not the real gunfire you're hearing.   

If it was, you wouldn't see the flash and hear the report at the same time, there would be a delay. 

[TIGRB]
Members
365 posts
1,716 battles
On 10/3/2020 at 12:41 AM, Estimated_Prophet said:

The way I always like to say it;

The ‘Premium’ ship got detonated early in the battle; and the stock KGV did the damage that would ultimately lead to the fully upgraded Bismarck’s destruction.

Sir. History has recorded the ship doing the most damage to Bismarck in the last Battle as HMS Rodney with her 16 inch guns firing point blank into Bismarck. Devastating.

[RLGN]
Members
15,145 posts
26,771 battles
4 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

Sir. History has recorded the ship doing the most damage to Bismarck in the last Battle as HMS Rodney with her 16 inch guns firing point blank into Bismarck. Devastating.

PoW’s hit to Bismarck’s fuel tanks resulted in the the range/movement limitations that led to all the other encounters.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this