You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

PSA - 0.9.9 FPS/Stuttering

45 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,779 posts
10,631 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

Good news!

Here's a fix for those that are having FPS problems with client 0.9.9:

Instal_patch_for_0.9.9.0.zip

Please give it a try!

If you're still experiencing problems, please contact Support and include a WGcheck report!

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
196 posts
9,743 battles

Does exactly as advertised.  Issues resolved.  Cheers on the quick turnaround on this.  

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
12,061 posts
19,521 battles

@Gneisenau013 Question...

Do we have to DL the patch here in the forums or does it DL with WGC client automatically ?

If we have to DL load it from here... Does it come with instructions to where to put it?

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles
23 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

@Gneisenau013 Question...

Do we have to DL the patch here in the forums or does it DL with WGC client automatically ?

If we have to DL load it from here... Does it come with instructions to where to put it?

For now you need to download it from the forums. I’d expect a WGC patch (if necessary) next week to fix whatever is causing the problem too once it can be packaged and seeded to the download servers, but this way if it’s affecting you you can fix it right away. 

From the Asia server (not sure why there hasn’t been a post here with the step by step directions for players who haven’t done this before and know the process):

If you want to apply this fix now, you should follow this step-by-step guide:
1.    Close the game.
2.    Download the Install_patch_for_0.9.9.0.zip
3.    Unzip the archive (the «Install_patch_for_0.9.9.0» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing /bin /profile /screenshot and other subfolders).
4.    Go to the unzipped «Install_patch_for_0.9.9.0» folder.
5.    Launch the file «apply-patch.bat»
6.    Apply changes by typing the number «1» to the window that appears, and press «Enter».
7.    Launch the game as usual.

If this fix doesn't help, please, post to the forum in the corresponding topic or reach out to Customer Support.
If you come across any new issues that appear after you apply this fix, you can roll back changes by launching «apply-patсh.bat» again, choosing option «2», pressing «Enter» and then relaunching the game client.

@Gneisenau013 any chance you could update the post with the directions for those that may not know how to install the fix?

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[WORX]
Members
12,061 posts
19,521 battles
2 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

From the Asia server (not sure why there hasn’t been a post here with the step by step directions for players who haven’t done this before and know the process):

Looks like I am going to fail the instructions... Do you have the link BTW ?

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles
34 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Looks like I am going to fail the instructions... Do you have the link BTW ?

The link for the Asia forum post or the link for the fix? Here’s the forum link, in case the patch link from Gneisenau doesn’t work (I know the Asia one didn’t initially). 

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/47378-fps-bug-099/

[WORX]
Members
12,061 posts
19,521 battles
2 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The link for the Asia forum post or the link for the fix? Here’s the forum link, in case the patch link from Gneisenau doesn’t work (I know the Asia one didn’t initially). 

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/47378-fps-bug-099/

*UPDATE*

Installed the patch.. Run the batch file... Now my confusion is I did a check and repair afterwards, it found 50MB of files that needed to be replaced... I am hoping that was not the patch file... :cap_old:

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

*UPDATE*

Installed the patch.. Run the batch file... Now my confusion is I did a check and repair afterwards, it found 50MB of files that needed to be replaced... I am hoping that was not the patch file... :cap_old:

I would assume not, but you could always try to play a game and see :Smile_trollface:

[KAPPA]
Members
3,119 posts
8,857 battles
17 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

*UPDATE*

Simple way to find out! Check how many MB the patch is.

[WORX]
Members
12,061 posts
19,521 battles
2 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Simple way to find out! Check how many MB the patch is.

Considering, I dont see 50MB of files needed for check and repair on a daily basis ... I am thinking it was the patch lol.

But I am going to try it out... wish me luck

[-A-8-]
Members
513 posts
20,660 battles

I get this when I try to apply the patch.

Does the "patch apply" mean it's been applied or not? the 4 "cannot find the path" lines are confusing me.

image.thumb.png.102eef5ffc5e61b3595f542cd39c6261.png

[RLGN]
Members
15,199 posts
26,854 battles

Christ, whatever.

Asking someone with little faith in their ability to not screw things up to insert code into a program.

Members
14 posts
7,899 battles
1 hour ago, wildgooseman said:

Does the "patch apply" mean it's been applied or not? the 4 "cannot find the path" lines are confusing me.

image.thumb.png.102eef5ffc5e61b3595f542cd39c6261.png

Looks like you probably extracted the file to the wrong directory.  The install_pactch_for0.9.9.0 folder should be extracted to your root World_of_Warships folder. So when you then open up your root wargaming folder you should see several folders like bin, game_metadata, lib, profile, screenshots. etc. etc.  The install_patch_for_0.9.9.0 folder should also now be in that list.  Then, open that folder and run apply-patch per the instructions.  Set to 1 and hit enter.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
12,061 posts
19,521 battles
1 hour ago, wildgooseman said:

I am thinking, the patch was DL and extracted in the wrong location...

Double check its location and make sure its suppose to be where WOWS files are located.

• Cool 1

[TSF]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
219 posts
14,310 battles

That did not help me. I applied the patch and I still get terrible stuttering frame rates as soon as a ship is spotted. I was going to do more ranked but that is a losing proposition at this point.

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,054 posts
11,183 battles
11 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Christ, whatever.

Asking someone with little faith in their ability to not screw things up to insert code into a program.

Agree, I will most assuredly botch this and make it worse or make the game not run at all. I’ll just deal with it until it’s resolved some other way for now 

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[-A-8-]
Members
513 posts
20,660 battles
10 hours ago, AgentNutSack said:

Looks like you probably extracted the file to the wrong directory.  The install_pactch_for0.9.9.0 folder should be extracted to your root World_of_Warships folder. So when you then open up your root wargaming folder you should see several folders like bin, game_metadata, lib, profile, screenshots. etc. etc.  The install_patch_for_0.9.9.0 folder should also now be in that list.  Then, open that folder and run apply-patch per the instructions.  Set to 1 and hit enter.

10 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

I am thinking, the patch was DL and extracted in the wrong location...

Double check its location and make sure its suppose to be where WOWS files are located.

Ah knew it was something obvious I was missing :Smile_Default:

Thanks for the help guys. :Smile_great:

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,744 posts
7,283 battles

Thanks!!!

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
15 hours ago, AgentNutSack said:

Thanks man!!

[CLUMP]
Members
1 post
2,789 battles

so i did all that was told, and the patch didnt work for me :( i still am getting thbe stutter. :( and all my drivers are updated. im sad

• Cool 1