You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SteelRain_Rifleman

Minnesota: Odin's beard.!

128 comments in this topic

Members
3,633 posts
42,202 battles

What possessed WG to give 40 second reload to the Minnesota? That is horrid! Horrible! Terrible! Tediously Futile!

The only way I can make this ship work is I sequential fire every 4-5 seconds and get the whole dang team to not fire at anything!

Who tested these? Were they on barbiturates and thought the reload was too fast? 

Next time you test something. Find someone who is actually a BB player and not some half baked slacker.

This could have been a nice ship, but you turned it into a tier 9 turd.

I am really disappointed. :Smile_izmena:

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Yeah from what I have heard everyone feels the same way about her.   she is slow and cumbersome in every possible manner from her max speed to her reload.  The best anyone said about her is she is boring.

Honestly it appears the whole line is like this as well.  I am betting no one actually grinds this line and they will be a very rare sight in game unless they do some massive buffs.

Also, I think the point here is that it wouldn't matter even if the ship was OP because they aren't any fun.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,206 posts
9,579 battles
7 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

What possessed WG to give 40 second reload to the Minnesota?

Probably the same thing that possessed someone to play it, knowing up front that it had a 40-second reload......:Smile_trollface:

Seriously though, MBM3 should knock just over 5 seconds off that 40 seconds.

• Haha 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
8 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Yeah from what I have heard everyone feels the same way about her.   she is slow and cumbersome in every possible manner from her max speed to her reload.  The best anyone said about her is she is boring.

Honestly it appears the whole line is like this as well.  I am betting no one actually grinds this line and they will be a very rare sight in game unless they do some massive buffs.

Also, I think the point here is that it wouldn't matter even if the ship was OP because they aren't any fun.

Im enjoying her actually :/

i took the reload upgrade mod which brings it down to 33 or 34, but it needs some help. In Randoms it seems like it would be a huge target. I havent had any issues in COOP with her speed, due to her accurate guns.

• Cool 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,422 battles

I absolutely love the USN BB's, especially the real ones that were built and saw combat (the original tech tree line). I am among the many that are disappointed by this new branch split.

I do plan on working these up to T10, likely will FXP them so I don't have the suffer the grind for long, and then only used them for snowflakes.

I do look forward to when I am sailing my Smolensk or Worcester and I run across one and dakka dakka them to the bottom!

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,766 posts
20,215 battles
15 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

What possessed WG to give 40 second reload to the Minnesota?

How else would you balance out that amount of barrels of that size?

Very curious to what you would consider fair.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Members
3,633 posts
42,202 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Probably the same thing that possessed someone to play it, knowing up front that it had a 40-second reload......:Smile_trollface:

Seriously though, MBM3 should knock just over 5 seconds off that 40 seconds.

35.2 seconds. That is too long. An eternity. There is no real difference between 35.2 and 40 secs. It should have Iowa's reload.

That upgrade is useless .

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[O7]
Members
1,032 posts
5,155 battles
14 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Who tested these? Were they on barbiturates and thought the reload was too fast? 

Next time you test something. Find someone who is actually a BB player and not some half baked slacker.

I did.

You still have problems?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 14

[WOLFG]
Members
31,206 posts
9,579 battles
1 minute ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

35.2 seconds. That is too long. An eternity.

I take it you did not enjoy US BBs until Colorado?

New Mex is one of my all-time favorites, 34-second reload. 

There is no real difference between 35.2 and 40 secs. It should have Iowa's reload.

That's silly. Then there's no difference between 30 and 35 seconds, or 25 and 30.

That upgrade is useless .

If you don't believe that a 3.5-5 second faster reload matters, then yes.

I agree that the high reloads for these BBs are too much though.

• Cool 2

Members
3,633 posts
42,202 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

The barrels are 45 not 50 like Iowa. So dispersion should have done it alone.

You can get Iowa down to 294 meters at 27km. And Minnesota is actually the same if similarly configured. 

But a 45 barrel is supposed to be less accurate that a 50. So it should have dispersion on par with Colorado.

Colorado is 278 meters at 21km. 

So either Colorado dispersion has been applied to all 3 or one of them is wrong.

I am guessing that Colorado dispersion is correct and Minnesota is as well, but Iowa is not.

If you wanted to balance it, then put the dispersion slightly worse than that of Iowa's specs because technically it is spec'ed like an Iowa already.

Colorado is limited by range. Both Minnesota and Iowa are not if configured same.

The other balance factor is Minn speed. 

So there is quote enough balance already in place.

I think that testing proved too hard for the testers because they don't know how to shoot long range to begin with and waited until they were at 20 km or less to effectively use the guns.

It's that skill gap that undermines balance and WG does not keep metrics on hits at long range versus hits at 20km or less. Otherwise, WG would have simply tuned the dispersion.

You asked. 🤔

• Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,766 posts
20,215 battles
17 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

It should have Iowa's reload.

With 1/3 again as many guns. Because that's fair.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,766 posts
20,215 battles

Read the explanation.

I did and don't agree with it. But I doubt either of us is going to convince the other, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,032 posts
5,155 battles
5 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Yes. You're fired!

I am not responsible for people disliking the ship because they are bad at it

Ship is balanced around players with braincells, not those without.

Edited by DolphinPrincess
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 8

[-KIA-]
Alpha Tester
44 posts
4,323 battles
38 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I can tell you for a fact, most of the people that tested it including myself are easily better than average players.

• Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
380 posts
3,201 battles
24 minutes ago, Lert said:

Balance and Wargaming.  Those two words and the concept don't actually go together.  Or let me be clear.  Said balance is not above reproach and the implementation of it is highly suspicious.

That being said.  Concerning the two there is a mutual cancellation.

Edited by Duma

Members
3,633 posts
42,202 battles
16 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I take it you did not enjoy US BBs until Colorado?

New Mex is one of my all-time favorites, 34-second reload. 

That's silly. Then there's no difference between 30 and 35 seconds, or 25 and 30.

If you don't believe that a 3.5-5 second faster reload matters, then yes.

I agree that the high reloads for these BBs are too much though.

In a game where cruisers and DDs fire really fast and a fast US BB like Iowa reloads quite fast to begin with, it's kind of far fetched that this ship takes longer to reload as slow a ship's speed as it is.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,415 posts
12,295 battles

honestly the only one of the 3 that looks like its complete garbage is Kansas, and thats because it got hit with a ton of nerfs and not a single buff to help it have SOMETHING going for it, they even decreased its alpha AP damage to where Alsace, with 15" guns, has a heavier alpha broadside than the Kansas

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLFG]
Members
31,206 posts
9,579 battles

In a may where's cruisers and DDs fire really fast and a fast US BB like Iowa reloads quite fast to begin with, it's kind of far fetched that this ship takes longer to reload as slow a ship's speed as it is.

TBH though, Iowa doesn't reload quite fast. 30 seconds base is pretty common from T3 up.

I do agree that 40 seconds is far fetched though.

Members
3,633 posts
42,202 battles
4 minutes ago, CenturioRomanus said:

I can tell you for a fact, most of the people that tested it including myself are easily better than average players.

A tester should be always a target for criticism if a product is not well received.

And if a tester takes exception, then they are just showing how sensitive their egos are in not being thorough in testing.

You don't like the feedback? It's the consequences of the test. And the final product. Performance of any player is subjective and can be easily manipulated if conditions are always favorable. It's the adverse conditions that define a player. Not a well placed sync drop or a clan. 

And I take great issue of testing as being suspect when a specific clan does it as is well evidenced by this past KOS.

How can a player be impartial if they win matches with a ship they themselves tested? It's easy to manipulate numbers here.

Easy.

• Confused 2

[GGWP]
Members
116 posts
11,316 battles
53 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

What possessed WG to give 40 second reload to the Minnesota? That is horrid! Horrible! Terrible! Tediously Futile!

The only way I can make this ship work is I sequential fire every 4-5 seconds and get the whole dang team to not fire at anything!

Always nice to see someone who puts down the testers, who sacrifice time to try and give good results for balancing, independently on what WG decides to do to the ship anyways. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Members
3,633 posts
42,202 battles
22 minutes ago, _Atlanta_ said:

Always nice to see someone who puts down the testers, who sacrifice time to try and give good results for balancing, independently on what WG decides to do to the ship anyways. 

It's called culpable deniability. They can blame non employees to avoid liability.

• Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,261 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

35.2 seconds. That is too long. An eternity.

Dude, that's Arizona's reload (35 seconds) and she does just fine; maybe wait and play one? (40 seconds is a lot, granted)