Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
David_Orr

Tier 3 Italian Battleship, please!

Tier 3 Italian Battleship, please!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. WG should design and add a tier 3 Italian Battleship into the Italian Tech Tree

• Yes
    • No
    • I like bacon

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,106 posts
12,142 battles

Good, a poll.  I know Hapa explained why they didn't want a T3, but the number of downvotes next to his profile said otherwise (at least to me).

Edited by Airglide2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,282 battles
1 hour ago, Airglide2 said:

Good, a poll.  I know Hapa explained why they didn't want a T3, but the number of downvotes next to his profile said otherwise (at least to me).

In all fairness to Happa, he's probably right about the low player population at tier 3. But a lot of that is the Game's fault. They separated new and vet players so the newbs wouldn't get waffle stomped; they've left tier 3 totally vulnerable to tier 4 CVs which totally drives players away; the mechanics of the lower tiers, such as accuracy and dispersion, have been relegated to the absolute minimum possible to keep the game playable when in reality navies would have insisted that their ships perform better. 

Players have asked for pre-dreadnaughts since the game went live, and in the beginning we even had low tier premiums as well as lower tier contests and scenarios and campaigns. But the new lower tiered premium fountain has dried up and this last campaign is the only one in I don't know how long to include ships lower than tier 8, 9, and 10. It's about the money, and no one is saying the game shouldn't be about earning a profit, but these days it feels like it's ONLY about the money at times.

• Cool 3

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Why?  No one plays Tier 3 any more and to be honest, 99% of the ships at Tier 3 aren't all that fun.  Personally I feel the game doesn't really get going until tier 5 anyway.

• Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
5,935 posts
4,946 battles

Sadly, it is not worth the trouble. Same work implied in a T3 non existing italian BB might go for T5-T7 alternate USN BB line.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,685 posts
23,779 battles

Its a tacit admission that tier III BBs (and most ships tier IV and below) are helpless against CVs. 

THATS a main reason for the low population in low tiers. I kept all my low tier ships and enjoyed playing them, but I now avoid all but a very few of them because I dont enjoy being wafflestomped by planes. 

• Cool 1

[OGF]
Members
65 posts
5,253 battles

I voted yes because the Italians have been waiting forever to get their due and, by god, if everyone else got one then the Italians ought to get one too.  

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this