Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mademoisail

FPS Bug 0.9.9

19 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Community Department, WG Staff
41 posts
397 battles

Commanders!

There is a bug in Update 0.9.9 that leads to a brief decrease of FPS when an enemy ship is spotted. Now we are investigating the cause of this bug and will fix it in the near future.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

-Sail

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 5

[-VT-]
Members
783 posts
34,934 battles

Safe to assume this is the cause of the 'stuttering' that has been reported?

[-TKS-]
Members
271 posts
9,081 battles

i seemed to be having this issue more often while shifting to full-in zoom, it was very noticable. It also seemed that the zoom would sometime shift to a completly different location then where i was looking before hitting shift-zoom.

[POP]
Members
4,747 posts
12,813 battles

The patch fixed the problem initially, but if you right click on a player name in game it still crashes to desktop and the frame rate stutters come back. Deleting the patch folder from the wows folder and then re-extracting/running the patch is the only way to fix it again. 

[5D5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
157 posts
20,392 battles
2 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Fleet! 

Here's a fix for those that are having FPS problems with client 0.9.9:

Instal_patch_for_0.9.9.0.zip

Please give it a try!

If you're still experiencing problems, please contact Support and include a WGcheck report!

#anchorsaweigh

Wouldn't the better and more effective approach be pushing the patch to the entire community?  I just happened to click this thread when I saw the thread title....otherwise I would have no way of knowing a fix was available.  This is pretty poor follow through.

I'm sure, since I'm being critical of Wargaming, that a forums moderator will now send me a warning.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
4,747 posts
12,813 battles
1 hour ago, ChronicallyChronic said:

Wouldn't the better and more effective approach be pushing the patch to the entire community?  I just happened to click this thread when I saw the thread title....otherwise I would have no way of knowing a fix was available.  This is pretty poor follow through.

I'm sure, since I'm being critical of Wargaming, that a forums moderator will now send me a warning.

My guess is we’ll get a micro patch via the WGC next week once it can be packaged and seeded to the download servers if necessary, but this way the people affected now can fix it right away. 

[5D5]
157 posts
20,392 battles
10 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

My guess is we’ll get a micro patch via the WGC next week once it can be packaged and seeded to the download servers if necessary, but this way the people affected now can fix it right away. 

Amazingly, it has been demonstrated in the past that hot patches can be cooked up in a matter of hours.

[NH]
Members
0 posts
6 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Fleet! 

Here's a fix for those that are having FPS problems with client 0.9.9:

Instal_patch_for_0.9.9.0.zip

Please give it a try!

If you're still experiencing problems, please contact Support and include a WGcheck report!

#anchorsaweigh

Confirmed fixed here. No more hitching when spotting ships. Its really smooth now.

[CCO37]
Members
50 posts
23,209 battles

do we get some premium days back? because the game is mostly like unplayable for now? lag is bad during game loading 

Screenshot (126).png

• Cool 1

7,026 posts
27,715 battles

Works for me. The game was more or less unplayable after the patch. Sometimes I couldn't do anything for up to 10 seconds. 

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,680 posts
12,225 battles

What! I expected a push of the fix instead of me downloading a patch zip..  Ouch. 

Sign in to follow this