You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Furrocka

So I have to ask.......

17 comments in this topic

[SOUS]
Members
9 posts
4,206 battles

What has tier 10 become in this game?

Go ahead and look at my stat and say I haven't played it enough and so on, I'm sure someone will say that. But when I started playing years ago, on pcs that would barely play the game, I always though getting to tier 10 is going to be so much fun. And when I get to 10 I can prove to the big boys that I deserve to be here. I have played almost 3k games in ships up to 8 and got the iowa and montana right now as my only 9,10. Practice with my 8s being the pusher, the tanker, the sniper, the "in for the long haul"er..... I decide to play my montana this morning and this is what I see. 

1. Every match is all 10's. Understandable and Fair but why then when I am playing 8 and 9, I see 10s all the time but then never see 8's or 9's when I'm the one in the 10?

2. HE spam everywhere. WTH is this.... even BBs who use to be praise for being able to hurt people with their AP are just sitting behind an island spamming HE. My win/ratio is 52%, your telling me that the players I get matched up with are at this win ratio because they just HE spam? The only ships I saw not spamming HE were Venzia's.

3. No tactics. Usually one person is trying todo the right thing and speak up and ask but no one listens. Focus Fire? yeah that is a joke. But then again everyone plays different so this isn't a true "issue".

After this morning, I don't feel like trying to reach tier 10 anymore. I am not going to lower my standards of play to become a HE spammer like the meta is now a days just to win. Therefore that statement, which makes me feel like I am not a team player, says to me that my 10s will have to become a coop played ship only. (Yes would rather lose the credits then deal with the issues in tier 10 MM in randoms)

Some of you who read this will probably say, "well we have another whiner here" and go ahead. It sounds like every other whiner in the forums even when I read it. But the HE spam in 10s is so OVERPOWERED (worse then ap rockets/bomber planes) that is has lost the drive to try to get there and play with the big boys and earn their respect to play in that league.... What did you do to this game WG from the days I started playing?

Wargaming will never asked me (an average joe player) if I could adjust something in the game what would it be. And I don't blame them. But if a WG employee did, I would only tweak 2 things for now. 

A. Reduce the amount of Citadels AP rockets and Bombs do. No ship can keep up with the average amount of citadels planes do. To make planes fair bring them closer to ships volley rngs.

B. Reduce fire chance of HE on everything that shoots it by 75%. HE does have a place in ships and so do making fires with it. But if they did that to HE, I feel that would stop the spam from HE and people would learn how to aim AP then to help do better damage. 

To everyone who decides to read this, please enjoy your day and looking forward to reading some of your responses.    

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,807 posts
8,049 battles
8 minutes ago, Furrocka said:

1. Every match is all 10's. Understandable and Fair but why then when I am playing 8 and 9, I see 10s all the time but then never see 8's or 9's when I'm the one in the 10?

IIRC the new MM that we got this year needs a calibration period of 20 battles before you begin getting the minimums for tier applied. It's only per tier rather than ship, but until you reach that number the MM just shoves you into whatever is most convenient for the matchmaker at the moment. So it's pretty likely your Montana is gonna just see T10 until you get over the calibration period hump.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,280 posts
26,944 battles

Stick to tier seven's most fun in . now 'a  days way too many potato's in tier tens ................... 

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
13 minutes ago, Furrocka said:

What has tier 10 become in this game?

Go ahead and look at my stat and say I haven't played it enough and so on, I'm sure someone will say that. But when I started playing years ago, on pcs that would barely play the game, I always though getting to tier 10 is going to be so much fun. And when I get to 10 I can prove to the big boys that I deserve to be here. I have played almost 3k games in ships up to 8 and got the iowa and montana right now as my only 9,10. Practice with my 8s being the pusher, the tanker, the sniper, the "in for the long haul"er..... I decide to play my montana this morning and this is what I see. 

2. HE spam everywhere. WTH is this.... even BBs who use to be praise for being able to hurt people with their AP are just sitting behind an island spamming HE. My win/ratio is 52%, your telling me that the players I get matched up with are at this win ratio because they just HE spam? The only ships I saw not spamming HE were Venzia's.

3. No tactics. Usually one person is trying todo the right thing and speak up and ask but no one listens. Focus Fire? yeah that is a joke. But then again everyone plays different so this isn't a true "issue".

After this morning, I don't feel like trying to reach tier 10 anymore. I am not going to lower my standards of play to become a HE spammer like the meta is now a days just to win. Therefore that statement, which makes me feel like I am not a team player, says to me that my 10s will have to become a coop played ship only. (Yes would rather lose the credits then deal with the issues in tier 10 MM in randoms)

Some of you who read this will probably say, "well we have another whiner here" and go ahead. It sounds like every other whiner in the forums even when I read it. But the HE spam in 10s is so OVERPOWERED (worse then ap rockets/bomber planes) that is has lost the drive to try to get there and play with the big boys and earn their respect to play in that league.... What did you do to this game WG from the days I started playing?

Wargaming will never asked me (an average joe player) if I could adjust something in the game what would it be. And I don't blame them. But if a WG employee did, I would only tweak 2 things for now. 

A. Reduce the amount of Citadels AP rockets and Bombs do. No ship can keep up with the average amount of citadels planes do. To make planes fair bring them closer to ships volley rngs.

B. Reduce fire chance of HE on everything that shoots it by 75%. HE does have a place in ships and so do making fires with it. But if they did that to HE, I feel that would stop the spam from HE and people would learn how to aim AP then to help do better damage. 

To everyone who decides to read this, please enjoy your day and looking forward to reading some of your responses.    

This game is nothing about teamwork since damage is the measure by which you earn credits. Everyone sits behind an island if they are able and spams HE because while usually it does little to nothing towards winning the match it gets them credits.

• Cool 1

Members
3,354 posts
17,027 battles

Tier 10 is the new Tier 3 sorry to say. Once upon a time it was made up of mostly good experienced players. Not anymore. WG has been pushing players to rush to tier 10 for the past two years. They make more money at the high tiers and as a result too many rushed up the tiers without bothering to learn the game mechanics. You'll actually find better and more experienced players at tiers 5-7 

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

You'll actually find better and more experienced players at tiers 5-7 

Those tiers play no differently than T10. They are just more forgiving of mistakes unlike T10.

Members
425 posts
16,864 battles

What? Haku’s bombs do 7k if they citadel and she gets like six bombs a minute (which will dwindle as she gets deplaned). And they rarely citadel Montana’s sturdy deck and turret roof armor, even on a good drop. So you’re usually taking like 3k per drop from some regular pens - or approximately 2/3’s of a single Yamato pen. You’ll take more damage from pretty much every other tier X bb and most of the cruisers, particularly since the CV needs to fly the planes back out to you while the surface ships just keep on pewpew.

And why exactly is HE a “lowered standard”? It’s the rules of the game. If people use those rules to beat you, you’ve only got yerself to blame.

Edited by Telastyn

[NMKJT]
Members
2,807 posts
8,049 battles
8 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

You'll actually find better and more experienced players at tiers 5-7 

You really don't. It just seems that way because it's harder for bad and mediocre players to die at those tiers. It's pretty common for me to see T10 players who do well mid-tiers, but can't play well at all at high tiers.

• Boring 1

[20CM]
Members
284 posts

I play GK alot and rarely get HE spammed, I noticed that positioning is very valuable. I think HE spammers should stay as they are (because they will) and work on positioning, not bow tanking against an HE spammer because that does 0. If you happen to get into that position get out as fast as possible. 

This game is not only aim, fire, and hit, but is also strategy. 

Get into good position and you'll be surprised how it helps you.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[SOUS]
Members
9 posts
4,206 battles
17 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Stick to tier seven's most fun in . now 'a  days way too many potato's in tier tens ................... 

I rather stick to coop so i don't see all the salt in random chat. lol. and thank you @MnemonScarlet didn't know about the 20 game thing.  and @Telastyn I didn't say anything about amount of damage planes do, I said amount of Citadels planes do. And I didn't say HE is lowering standards. I said HE spamming... you might want to read thoroughly before you respond. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,313 posts
17,497 battles

You never have a better opportunity for an amazing game then you do when both teams are bad.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,826 battles

Welcome to the realization that the peak of the game is tiers 6-8.

Tier 10 is for the whales. Tier 9 is to push you to tier 10. Neither are going to deliver a fun gameplay experience.

Members
425 posts
16,864 battles
3 minutes ago, Furrocka said:

I rather stick to coop so i don't see all the salt in random chat. lol. and thank you @MnemonScarlet didn't know about the 20 game thing.  and @Telastyn I didn't say anything about amount of damage planes do, I said amount of Citadels planes do. And I didn't say HE is lowering standards. I said HE spamming... you might want to read thoroughly before you respond. 

What do you care if they do 3k via a citadel or 3k via normal AP damage?

Fine, HE _spamming_. The question still holds. How is that lowering standards? They’re playing the game, same as you.

Edited by Telastyn

Members
3,354 posts
17,027 battles
5 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

You really don't. It just seems that way because it's harder for bad and mediocre players to die at those tiers. It's pretty common for me to see T10 players who do well mid-tiers, but can't play well at all at high tiers.

Sorry, I don't buy it. I play tier 7, 9, and 10  often. In tiers 9-10  I'll see teams lemming to one cap and just camping there all battle or all hiding behind 1-2 islands. In the past 1.5 years I seen more enemy ships go full broadside without turning after I citadel them. It's a citadel bonanza most battles. 
I'm a reasonably decent player with 15,700 battles and 55% WR and I can tell you that I can delete a bad player in tier 5-7 much quicker than in tiers 9-10 . There's just way more bad players in high tiers because of the reasons I outlined and because anyone with little experience can buy a high tier premium ship.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,807 posts
8,049 battles
4 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Sorry, I don't buy it. I play tier 7, 9, and 10  often. In tiers 9-10  I'll see teams lemming to one cap and just camping there all battle or all hiding behind 1-2 islands. In the past 1.5 years I seen more enemy ships go full broadside without turning after I citadel them. It's a citadel bonanza most battles. 
I'm a reasonably decent player with 15,700 battles and 55% WR and I can tell you that I can delete a bad player in tier 5-7 much quicker than in tiers 9-10 . There's just way more bad players in high tiers because of the reasons I outlined and because anyone with little experience can buy a high tier premium ship.

I see pretty much the same behavior at mid-tiers. That didn't used to be the case, but all the tiers are about equally wretched at this point. It just depends on what style of ship behavior you want to go with your abysmal player quality.

[SOUS]
Members
9 posts
4,206 battles
2 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

What do you care if they do 3k via a citadel or 3k via normal AP damage?

Fine, HE _spamming_. The questions still holds. How is that lowering standards? They’re playing the game, same as you.

Not going to draw this out so last response. 

citadel damage cannot be repaired. normal can. 

I learned the game. I have met others and watched other who have learned the game and understand how and when ap can be used to be effective.  He spamming is "lowering standards" at its finest when it is from a ship that has good ap and has angles to shoot it ap and do some SERIOUS damage.