You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

KotS XI APAC (SEA) winner disqualified

26 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,139 posts
4,766 battles

Posted about 6 hours ago:

Following the previous announcement
https://discordapp.com/channels/423513580059754507/431741246403510282/697871038134091840  [I can't get this link to resolve. Sorry.]

We have announced that we have placed a ban with any GKD related teams from any further events organized by KotS APAC.

However, we have discovered that team YYK is having players who have relation with GKD playing in their team.
Thus, in accordance with the ban placed on GKD related teams, we [have issued] the following sanctions to Team YYK.

- Team YYK will be disqualified from the KotS XI tournament, with that, the team members also lose the qualification to receive tournament rewards (including the qualification to play in the international final)
- Team YYK members will be blacklisted from any further events organized by KotS APAC.
The list of blacklisted players : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRFlZ2Ddn5823TngnuSbTcWT-JG7oKhp1ZSNqnxEBEGHRuSPddt7VxTBYQkE-_yhEDX9LmiWHIa8rqC/pubhtml

The second news is that we can now officially crown our new KotS winner, congratulations to team KAXSA for winning the crown to KotS XI! We would like to also congratulate REPOI and V0R as they will be joining KAXSA to defend our region in the International Final next week.

Final standing:
1st place: Team KAXSA
2nd place: Team REPOI
3rd place: Team V0R

KoTS Asia Organizer team

Edited by iDuckman

[F4E]
Members
310 posts
8,804 battles

GKD was banned from last KoTS.

YYK has been found to have players from GKD...so, now YYK has also been banned.

That's how I read this, at least.

Members
3,354 posts
17,047 battles
5 minutes ago, MN_Nice said:

GKD was banned from last KoTS.

YYK has been found to have players from GKD...so, now YYK has also been banned.

That's how I read this, at least.

But why were they banned? If they cheated all those players should be banned from the game

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,483 posts
9,751 battles
14 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

But why were they banned?

According to this -- sharing accounts and evading bans.

[-VT-]
Members
783 posts
34,964 battles

This is all very asian to me....

Not greek.

• Funny 2

Members
3,354 posts
17,047 battles
2 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Sharing accounts. Evading bans.

So they were banned for evading bans? But why were they banned to begin with? 

[-K-]
7,483 posts
9,751 battles
7 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I updated my post with a link to a screenshot of a discord announcement. Take a look. I don't know more than is stated there.

And sharing accounts with people that aren't members of the team is against the rules and is bannable in itself.

[WORX]
Members
11,933 posts
19,479 battles

Oh wow, I was starting to suspect, its 2020 its weird not to have to usual drama in the KOTS. *Then I see the KOTS drama and the ban hammer*

Ok 2020, you made your point... I no longer suspect...

• Funny 1

Members
3,354 posts
17,047 battles
13 minutes ago, vak_ said:

I updated my post with a link to a screenshot of a discord announcement. Take a look. I don't know more than is stated there.

And sharing accounts with people that aren't members of the team is against the rules and is bannable in itself.

I don't have Discord :-(

[-K-]
7,483 posts
9,751 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I don't have Discord :-(

Click on the link. It's a screenshot. All you need is a browser :)

[DOG]
Members
1,218 posts
12,629 battles
47 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

If I read it correctly, the original ban was for sharing accounts, which I assume means they gave people the passwords to their accounts so they could have ringers who were not part of the team play for them and pretend to be part of the team.   And then the banned players were caught doing something similar the next season.  Or something like that.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,256 posts
16,226 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Following the previous announcement

The discord link takes me to a dead, dark place with no information.

Just what the hell is going on in that corner of the world? (Rhetorical question. I'm sure a frank answer would get the thread deleted.)

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,139 posts
4,766 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The discord link takes me to a dead, dark place with no information.

It actually takes me to an unrelated conversation with Hapa_Fodder :Smile_unsure:  (probably because it's the last conversation I posted to).  I'll try to see is I can find out what it references and/or why GDK was banned.

Edited by iDuckman

[F4E]
Members
310 posts
8,804 battles

As I read the screenshot off discord, my understanding is that GSK was banned for sharing accounts (player A logs on and competes in the tourney using Player B's account).  This is a violation of the KoTS rules _and_ a violation of the EULA for WoWS.

YYK then had some of the same players from GSK share accounts for this season of KoTS.

Foolish and Stupid for the players involved, and it is proper for them to be ousted from the KoTS tourney and from WOWS itself.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,139 posts
4,766 battles
12 minutes ago, MN_Nice said:

As I read the screenshot off discord, my understanding is that GSK was banned for sharing accounts (player A logs on and competes in the tourney using Player B's account).  This is a violation of the KoTS rules _and_ a violation of the EULA for WoWS.

That's not what I'm hearing.  GKD rage-quit the tournament after losing a match to RAIN so was perma-banned for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Perhaps they did share accounts at the time, but I haven't heard it.

Apparently YYK was account sharing - with banned players, to boot - but no confirmation on that yet.

Yes, the bans seem appropriate.

Edited by iDuckman

[ARGSY]
Members
22,256 posts
16,226 battles
23 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

GKD rage-quit the tournament after losing a match to RAIN

Just... WHY?

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,139 posts
4,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just... WHY?

Is ... a puzzlement.

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,944 battles

@Taichunger  Pointed out something to me quite a long time ago and that was that for some Asian cultures winning is the only thing and it doesn't matter how they get it.  If cheating gets you the win then it's just as celebrated as winning legitimately.  I hope I'm getting the gist correctly.

Members
4,323 posts
3,255 battles
2 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

@Taichunger  Pointed out something to me quite a long time ago and that was that for some Asian cultures winning is the only thing and it doesn't matter how they get it.  If cheating gets you the win then it's just as celebrated as winning legitimately.  I hope I'm getting the gist correctly.

https://qz.com/96793/chinese-students-and-their-parents-fight-for-the-right-to-cheat/

[SIMP]
Members
1,376 posts
11,450 battles
4 hours ago, zubalkabir said:

If I read it correctly, the original ban was for sharing accounts, which I assume means they gave people the passwords to their accounts so they could have ringers who were not part of the team play for them and pretend to be part of the team.   And then the banned players were caught doing something similar the next season.  Or something like that.

Yes it is called sock puppeting.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,688 posts
23,793 battles
5 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I have a life. This is a game. If the game is your life... get a better life, y'know?

High-level amen.