You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Why is shokaku carrier having 2 torps in a salvo after the rework !!!

60 comments in this topic

[RAN]
Members
982 posts
11,453 battles

Why is the tier 8 shokaku carrier launching only 2 torps in  a salvo after the rework and after AA changes,  i can do that on a hosho!!  That is a disgrace.  

The shokaku is not playable at tier 8 with only 2 torps a salvo, as  you do one run and you have to go back to the carrier to get more planes once it goes through the AA shredder.

What the hell.   The shokaku used to be the best tier 8 carrier before the rework now its the worst.  There is no justification for that at tier 8 .

And if you give me that shockgun bulldust of she has 10 planes and with the new patch   you have less boost speed and even before that you have to send planes back so you can keep going with the amount of AA  you get shredding up  your planes now from even Destroyers!!  You cant blindly fly through the flack AA with 10 planes  like you used to as you will have none left, and thats ok, but as a tier 8 carrier she needs at least 3 torps in  her salvo as the others have 3 and 4.

It takes over 5 mins to totally reload a torpedo squadron group in the shokaku as an example and thats with the air supremacy repair aircraft skill.

The below stats taken today from https://wowstats.org/ships/

Shows the overall team win rate of carriers and the actual game play damage of carriers listed and the shokaku is 7th on the list for team win rate and only 40% effective in actual game play damage so yeah it needs a third torp in salvo. and no its not overpowered in the least.  So thats how i can justify asking for 3 torps in a shokaku  carrier to make it more viable and get people to want to play it and balance the game play.

carrier stats 10-2020.JPG

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Funny 4
  • Haha 8
  • Boring 2

[UN1]
Members
1,497 posts
4,854 battles
5 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Why is the tier 8 shokaku carrier launching only 2 torps in  a salvo after the rework and after AA changes,  i can do that on a hosho!!  That is a disgrace.  

The shokaku is not playable at tier 8 with only 2 torps a salvo, as  you do one run and you have to go back to the carrier to get more planes once it goes through the AA shredder.

What the hell.   The shokaku used to be the best tier 8 carrier before the rework now its the worst.  There is no justification for that at tier 8 .

And if you give me that shockgun bulldust of she has 10 planes and with the new patch   you have less boost speed and even before that you have to send planes back so you can keep going with the amount of AA  you get shredding up  your planes now from even Destroyers!!  You cant blindly fly through the flack AA with 10 planes  like you used to as you will have none left, and thats ok, but as a tier 8 carrier she needs at least 3 torps in  her salvo as the others have 3 and 4.

It takes over 5 mins to totally reload a torpedo squadron group in the shokaku as an example and thats with the air supremacy repair aircraft skill.

Pretty sure the Shokaku has always dropped 2 torps. I know the Hakuryu only drops two. 

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
Just now, Ranari said:

Pretty sure the Shokaku has always dropped 2 torps. I know the Hakuryu only drops two. 

He knows it. What he's complaining about is that he thinks it ought to drop three or four. 

The current aircraft vulnerability issue seems to be a bug that crept into this patch, of which WG are aware and which they are trying to find. I despise the DD drivers who want CV out of the game altogether, but this guy is sounding like the ugly flipside of that coin.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[RAN]
Members
982 posts
11,453 battles

thank you ensign cthulhu for the feedback on this.   Yes i think the shokaku should drop 3, not four.  I think its the BB drivers that want the cv's out, if they were out then the dd's would have nothing to hunt down. :)

I think also for some carriers, i dont know if the refresh rates for planes is different in different carriers but certainly for some they need looking at.

Id like to correct an error, the the best carrier, now its the Enterprise for team win rate, but best carrier for actual game play damage is indomitable.

Source:- https://wowstats.org/ships/

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Boring 3

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
42 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

I think its the BB drivers that want the cv's out, if they were out then the dd's would have nothing to hunt down.

No, it's the unicum DD drivers who've found a way around radar, and who now just want a terminal nerf to the only thing still keeping them in check.

Remove CV and everyone else's life except theirs will be a misery. There's a reason they're not acknowledging this. Their efforts to play the victim are quite frankly disgusting.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

...as a tier 8 carrier she needs at least 3 torps in  her salvo as the others have 3 and 4.

First of all, Implacable and Parseval also have 2. 

Kaga has 4, because they're T6 planes. And it's a premium.

Lexington have 3, because the torps are slow, so you don't typically land all 3 anyway. (or even 2)

Same for Enterprise, and it's a premium.

GZ has faster torps, but abysmal damage, so they get an extra one. And it's a premium.

Shokaku has the best torps, hands down. You can land 2 more often than Lexington, even though it has 3 torps.

If anybody needs 3 instead of 2, it's Parseval.

[RAN]
Members
982 posts
11,453 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Shokaku has the best torps, hands down. You can land 2 more often than Lexington, even though it has 3 torps.

rubbish.

trying to sink a tier 8 North Carolina with  66,000 hitpoints battleship is a lot harder than a tier 4 wyoming with  43,800 hitpoints battleship with 2 torpedo salvos, not to mention the AA at that level.

its easy to justify a third torp .  Without the heals on a North Carolina it would take 10 torps with a shokaku thats given they all hit ! 

Edited by DevilD0g

[NOKAP]
Beta Testers
356 posts
26,477 battles

shokaku torp planes hit harder 7233dmg, lex  6467

faster  planes 177kts, lex 160kts

have more in squad 10, lex 9

more on deck 15, lex 14

restores faster 72secs, lex 80secs

faster torps 50kts, lex 35kts

so i would say overall shokaku is better on paper. but i havent played shokaku since the rework.

[RAN]
Members
982 posts
11,453 battles

do that and tell me how many torpedo hits you do

Edited by DevilD0g

[BONKS]
Members
4,729 posts
52 battles
45 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

its easy to justify a third torp .  Without the heals on a North Carolina it would take 10 torps with a shokaku thats given they all hit ! 

It isn't. Shokaku already murders NCs with torps easily.

In fact Shokaku is overpowered by virtue of being one of the most powerful T8 CVs in the game and easily deals with T10 MM.

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,529 posts

IJN CVs have the hardest hitting torps of the lines.  They hit like a truck for air dropped torps.  They don't need to drop another torp.

Members
1,436 posts
9,472 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, it's the unicum DD drivers who've found a way around radar, and who now just want a terminal nerf to the only thing still keeping them in check.

Remove CV and everyone else's life except theirs will be a misery. There's a reason they're not acknowledging this. Their efforts to play the victim are quite frankly disgusting.

How easily people forget the rage, about how hard people were camping when they took CV's out for the rework.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Members
124 posts
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

X 100000000.   Console has no cvs and the shenanigans one can off in an IJN  dd is criminal. 😂

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,689 posts
15,869 battles

I never played before the rework and Shokaku is definitely the most powerful of the tier 8 tech tree CVs, you may want to share a replay of your gameplay and so we can see what you can improve on

Members
603 posts
57 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

In fact Shokaku is overpowered by virtue of being one of the most powerful T8 CVs in the game and easily deals with T10 MM.

Oh, so Enterprise is no longer the best T8 CV?

If Shokaku is the most powerful then I guess that explains why it has the highest win rate... Oh... nvm, it doesn't.

If Shokaku is the most powerful then I guess that explains why based on your win rates it has the highest win rate... Oh nvm, it isn't.

17 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Shokaku is definitely the most powerful of the tier 8 tech tree CVs

It's not.

Yes, Shokaku is the most powerful if we just ignore everything else.

I'm not saying Shokaku is a bad CV.  I would rank it as probably one of the top best, 3rd best, CV's for the tier.  I enjoyed playing it.  However, win rate says otherwise.  Enterprise is the most powerful T8 CV.  Parseval and Shokaku would follow behind it.

Edited by HeadSplit120
  • Boring 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,689 posts
15,869 battles
11 minutes ago, HeadSplit120 said:

If Shokaku is the most powerful then I guess that explains why it has the highest win rate... Oh... nvm, it doesn't.

If Shokaku is the most powerful then I guess that explains why based on your win rates it has the highest win rate... Oh nvm, it isn't.

It's not.

Yes, Shokaku is the most powerful if we just ignore everything else.

I'm not saying Shokaku is a bad CV.  I would rank it as probably one of the top best, 3rd best, CV's for the tier.  I enjoyed playing it.  However, win rate says otherwise.  Enterprise is the most powerful T8 CV.  Parseval and Shokaku would follow behind it.

I specifically said tech tree so disregarding enterprise. As far as most powerful, I would say it depends what you consider most powerful. I would take Shokaku over Parseval in most games because of it's ability to hit DDs with rockets, it's concealment, and the torpedo planes. Parseval is good for sure, and really fun for the high skilled, but it lacks the Manfred Armor scheme, the health pool to fight as a bottom tier (relative to how a shokaku can), and the rocket's ineffectiveness vs DDs and a good number of tier X cruisers.

Beta Testers
1,016 posts
13,456 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Personally I find DDs to be just a snack unless driven by a very good player, with our without CVs in a match. My BBs can shred them with secondaries and cruisers eat them for breakfast especially with radar. Seem like the easiest boats to kill imo, lowest hit rate main ordnance, and guns that except for a few boats are pretty much useless.

[BONKS]
Members
4,729 posts
52 battles
1 hour ago, HeadSplit120 said:

2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

And when did I say that Shokaku is the best T8 CV?

Please read.

[GLF]
Members
582 posts
9,136 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Please read.

I think what you said is accurate. I find it strong even at tier 10, where as the other t8 tech tree cvs struggle with slow or fragile planes.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
2 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

rubbish.

trying to sink a tier 8 North Carolina with  66,000 hitpoints battleship is a lot harder than a tier 4 wyoming with  43,800 hitpoints battleship with 2 torpedo salvos, not to mention the AA at that level.

That's how the game works, and also why Shokaku's torps do more damage than Ryujo's.

2 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Those 3 on Lexington do barely more damage than the 2 on Shokaku, and you're far more likely to get 2 hits with Shokaku than you are 3 with Lexington. Heck, even somewhat more likely than getting 2 with Lexington.

I'd argue that Implacable and Parseval need an extra torp before Shokaku. What say you to that? 

And just because you're having issues, doesn't mean everyone else is. For example, I find it easier to do more damage in Shokaku, and it shows in the stats, if you care to look.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,558 posts
28,102 battles
1 hour ago, Blackychann said:

Console has no cvs

Really? So much for the rework being (as some theorized) a test for being able to play CV with a console handset instead of a keyboard! :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
603 posts
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Seriously?

What's the difference between the "best" and "most powerful?"

That's one hell of a huge stretch.  You're really going to nit pick over which words are used?

I can easily switch out the words and the statement will still hold true.

Exception being the new KM CV's but since the "they're new" excuse has been used I guess we still can't rely on its stats just yet or never.

Edited by HeadSplit120
  • Haha 1

Members
715 posts
4,574 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Really? So much for the rework being (as some theorized) a test for being able to play CV with a console handset instead of a keyboard! :Smile_veryhappy:

They are releasing CVs on console in the next patch or two, actually, but ... you do you.