Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Hippo

Disappearing Ships

8 comments in this topic

[COMRD]
Members
179 posts
4,975 battles

Once they have been spotted they should STAY spotted,  This hear one minute gone the next is a pile of you know what.

Thanks for your replies.

Edited by Admiral_Hippo
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[PHD]
Members
1,736 posts
7,123 battles

That is what detection range is about. If you want to permanently spot something drive a CV.

Added later:

It is even somewhat historical. Keeping targets located was a problem. 

Sure a DD, and cruisers,  can see you (if we are talking BBs) when you can't see them. That is a balance feature to equalize the ship types in game. 

How about radar and hydro seeing through islands?

If you are behind an island and something else is spotting, even a spotterplane you can shoot at targets that can't see you.

This game is not just a shooting gallery, at least for most ships, somewhatinjest. (Another down vote to follow I am sure)

Edited by GrayPanther2018
Additional information
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WKY04]
Members
587 posts
11,678 battles
Just now, Admiral_Hippo said:

Once they have been spotted they should STAY spotted,  This hear one minute gone the next is a pile of you know what,

You've made the mistake of thinking this is a game about battleships and whatnot. That is not quite right. This is a vision control game with a theme concerning battleships and whatnot (kinda like if you played chess but the pieces weren't knights but airplanes or animals or whatever). Once I figured that out, I was much happier and my gameplay improved alot.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
24 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Once they have been spotted they should STAY spotted,  This hear one minute gone the next is a pile of you know what,

Concealment & spotting are balancing mechanics. NO! it is not realistic because radar worked 24/7 and had a range of over 20 miles or 32km.. But we battle in the fantasy world WG created for this game, not in real life.

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

The only thing wrong with the current spotting system is some BBs have lower detection ranges than many cruisers.

Sign in to follow this