Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

You can just buy Florida for $40 on the premium store

71 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,288 posts
19,931 battles

Want Florida? Just buy it and save the grief of random events.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,266 posts
22,242 battles

well worth it. It's a fun ship

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

No thanks.  I already have one North Carolina.  No need for two.

• Confused 1

[PHD]
Members
247 posts
7,539 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I did that also.

[PHD]
Members
247 posts
7,539 battles
1 hour ago, Singularity_invader said:

For the same price, Scharnhorst is just a way better ship from every aspect.

Now I have both. I like the Scharnhorst better. 20 second reloads and torpedoes.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

There's nothing random about getting the Florida through the event; you just have to churn your way through the bundles until you get enough token. 

It is definitely EASIER AND CHEAPER to get it through the store if that's all you want, but some people think the bundle contents are worth the doubloons. If that's how they feel, let them buy. 

I'd have bought the Minnesota if it were the first bundle up, but that was not the case, and I generally don't like spending money on ephemera. At the end of this event, if I'm a few tokens short of getting something specific and permanent (e.g. Kansas event permacamo), I might grab a bundle or two to kick me over the line. No more than that, otherwise I might as well cough up for a regular permacamo for the ship anyway.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
474 posts
10,093 battles
2 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

Now I have both. I like the Scharnhorst better. 20 second reloads and torpedoes.

Also better armor scheme with a 70-mm ice breaker bow, and second-to-none secondaries.

Edited by Singularity_invader

Members
474 posts
10,093 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There's nothing random about getting the Florida through the event; you just have to churn your way through the bundles until you get enough token. 

It is definitely EASIER AND CHEAPER to get it through the store if that's all you want, but some people think the bundle contents are worth the doubloons. If that's how they feel, let them buy. 

I'd have bought the Minnesota if it were the first bundle up, but that was not the case, and I generally don't like spending money on ephemera. At the end of this event, if I'm a few tokens short of getting something specific and permanent (e.g. Kansas event permacamo), I might grab a bundle or two to kick me over the line. No more than that, otherwise I might as well cough up for a regular permacamo for the ship anyway.

The only purpose I would get Florida for is to complete the last mission of the 4th directive in "US battleship 1" in order to get the new tier 8 tech tree ship Kansas early and for free.

Edited by Singularity_invader

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
1 minute ago, Singularity_invader said:

The only purpose to get Florida for is to complete the last mission of the 4th directive in "US battleship 1" in order to get the new tier 8 tech tree ship Kansas early and for free.

You don't even NEED it for that. It is nice to have, but finishing the fourth directive should be possible even without the Florida, and then you can use the Kansas itself to grab those last tokens.

Remember, you don't need to complete every task in the directive; only the minimum specified. 

Members
474 posts
10,093 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You don't even NEED it for that. It is nice to have, but finishing the fourth directive should be possible even without the Florida, and then you can use the Kansas itself to grab those last tokens.

Remember, you don't need to complete every task in the directive; only the minimum specified. 

Sorry but I beg to differ (you can't get Minnesota early without a massive amount of doubloons or luck).

Screenshot (63).png

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
2 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

Sorry but I beg to differ (you can't get Minnesota early without a massive amount of doubloons or luck).

Are we talking about Kansas, or are we talking about Minnesota?

Kansas you can get for free from the directives.

Minnesota is, I agree, a different matter. As I have stated elsewhere, I didn't get Minnesota first-up and I'm not splurging doubloons to go fishing for it.

Those last four hundred tokens can be obtained with Florida, Minnesota OR KANSAS. It's right there in your screenshot. Finish the other tasks and you get the Kansas to go grab them.

Members
474 posts
10,093 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Those last four hundred tokens can be obtained with Florida, Minnesota OR KANSAS. It's right there in your screenshot. Finish the other tasks and you get the Kansas to go grab them.

If you don't have Florida and don't want to spend doubloons to get Minnesota, you would need to finish the mission with Kansas....to get Kansas.

Does it not sound paradoxical to you?

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
1 minute ago, Singularity_invader said:

If you don't have Florida and don't want to spend doubloons to get Minnesota, you would need to finish the mission with Kansas....to get Kansas.

Does it not sound paradoxical to you?

NO. You're getting this wrong. 

There are EIGHT missions in Directive four. Seven of them do not require the Kansas.

YOU ONLY NEED TO FINISH SIX OF THEM TO GET THE KANSAS.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are we talking about Kansas, or are we talking about Minnesota?

Kansas you can get for free from the directives.

Minnesota is, I agree, a different matter. As I have stated elsewhere, I didn't get Minnesota first-up and I'm not splurging doubloons to go fishing for it.

Why would anybody willing pay doubloons for a ship that can be earned for free with some patience?  Just wait till it's released on the live server.

[SALVO]
Members
4,527 posts
20,832 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Why would anybody willing pay doubloons for a ship that can be earned for free with some patience?  Just wait till it's released on the live server.

But it's entertaining watching all these people lose their minds:cap_haloween:

• Haha 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Why would anybody willing pay doubloons for a ship that can be earned for free with some patience? 

My take is that I was willing to spend 1000 dubs to instantly shortcut 200,000+ XP worth of grind to unlock a T9 and north of 20 million credits to equip. BUT NO MORE THAN THAT.

2 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

In nowhere does it say that, my friend.

That's because it hasn't unlocked yet. But Directive 1 needed only six, and I can tell you on the basis of previous experience that the rest of them are only going to need six as well.

It's getting to the point where I'm beginning to call your motivations into question.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
474 posts
10,093 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's because it hasn't unlocked yet. But Directive 1 needed only six, and I can tell you on the basis of previous experience that the rest of them are only going to need six as well.

It's getting to the point where I'm beginning to call your honesty into question.

Perhaps I didn't notice that when I completed the first directive, but I hope that's the case, because usually if you only need to complete a certain amount of missions in a directive, there would be an indicator, which I ignored/didn't see in the new directives for US BBs. Dockyard directives are the example.

Screenshot (64).png

[ARGSY]
Members
22,383 posts
16,264 battles

In the left hand column, highlighted below "5. Show the Flag!", is the fraction 3/6. There is your answer. Wait until the next BB directive unlocks.

Members
474 posts
10,093 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In the left hand column, highlighted below "5. Show the Flag!", is the fraction 3/6. There is your answer. Wait until the next BB directive unlocks.

That's the dockyard directive I used as an example to support my point....

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
5 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

That's the dockyard directive I used as an example to support my point....

I know it was only the first battleship one, but im pretty sure i finished the "final" objective and still had one or two left to do?

Members
474 posts
10,093 battles
3 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I know it was only the first battleship one, but im pretty sure i finished the "final" objective and still had one or two left to do?

Yeah, let's leave this discussion for now. It might very well be my own negligence/ignorance.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,288 posts
19,931 battles
29 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Florida is premium ship.

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[WOLFG]
Members
31,357 posts
9,649 battles
1 hour ago, Singularity_invader said:

Also better armor scheme with a 70-mm ice breaker bow, and second-to-none secondaries.

Second only to its tech-tree sister....:Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this