You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Florida, some first impressions video (Sea Lord Mountbatten)

10 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,712 battles

Decided to share another vid from Sea Lord, since Florida is currently behind a big paywall and people may be curious on whether she is worth it. In his words, she functions more like a tier IX supercruiser, than a tier VII BB.

Still, looks pretty interesting, though I personally wouldn't go through the current process of getting her. Also kinda sad how California compares to her...

Edited by warheart1992

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Interesting analysis of how to use it. I wouldn't have thought of playing it like a T9 supercruiser at all. You've forced me to reconsider it... but that ridiculous 34 sec reload is very offputting. 

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,712 battles
13 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

The 25 mm bow gets overmatched by all tier 8 BBs, unfortunately.

Same as the 26mm bow that the rest of tier VII BBs have. At 27mm you begin to bounce 380mm AP anyway, so it's not that different from how a tier VII BB would function.

Members
1,377 posts
8 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Interesting analysis of how to use it. I wouldn't have thought of playing it like a T9 supercruiser at all. You've forced me to reconsider it... but that ridiculous 34 sec reload is very offputting. 

Here's the problem: similar to USSR BBs, USN BBs excel at bow tanking, but you obviously can't do that in this ship. The only tier 9 SC with a 25 mm bow is Azuma, but Florida doesn't have Azuma's maneuverability or concealment.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts
32 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

Here's the problem: similar to USSR BBs, USN BBs excel at bow tanking, but you obviously can't do that in this ship. The only tier 9 SC with a 25 mm bow is Azuma, but Florida doesn't have Azuma's maneuverability or concealment.

and is 2 tiers lower. Plus with the right build you get very close to that maneuverability or concealment

Members
1,377 posts
7 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

and is 2 tiers lower.

That's exactly my point. His analogy between Florida and T9 SCs is not logically sound.

8 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

Plus with the right build you get very close to that maneuverability or concealment

So you could build the Florida to compensate the 7 knot top speed difference? I wasn't aware of that.

I didn't even mention that tier 9 SCs had better dispersion and sigma.

[PHD]
Members
479 posts
18,985 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Decided to share another vid from Sea Lord, since Florida is currently behind a big paywall and people may be curious on whether she is worth it. In his words, she functions more like a tier IX supercruiser, than a tier VII BB.

Still, looks pretty interesting, though I personally wouldn't go through the current process of getting her. Also kinda sad how California compares to her...

It's a decent BB, not spectacular. I didn't waste the dublooms on the packs in the armory, instead I got it from the Premium Shop.

[WOLFC]
Members
5,899 posts
16,537 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Same as the 26mm bow that the rest of tier VII BBs have. At 27mm you begin to bounce 380mm AP anyway, so it's not that different from how a tier VII BB would function.

^This.

Florida’s armor scheme is pretty much identical to other tier VIIs in regards to fighting other battleships. She’ll bounce 14” AP and be overmatched by 15” AP. Where her armor scheme is inferior is it’s protection against light cruisers. 25mm can be penned by 152mm HE without IFHE, while 26mm armor cannot, so Florida is more vulnerable to HE spam than other tier VII BBs. However, this is partially mitigated by her improved dispersion curve relative to other USN BBs, meaning she is more comfortable sitting farther back. She is a tier VII BB cut in the same mold as Champagne and Slava, and I would argue she comes out looking better than the other two because the difference between 25mm and 26mm plating is minor compared to the difference between 25mm and 32mm.

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
1,377 posts
20 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

^This.

Florida’s armor scheme is pretty much identical to other tier VIIs in regards to fighting other battleships. She’ll bounce 14” AP and be overmatched by 15” AP. Where her armor scheme is inferior is it’s protection against light cruisers. 25mm can be penned by 152mm HE without IFHE, while 26mm armor cannot, so Florida is more vulnerable to HE spam than other tier VII BBs. However, this is partially mitigated by her improved dispersion curve relative to other USN BBs, meaning she is more comfortable sitting farther back. She is a tier VII BB cut in the same mold as Champagne and Slava, and I would argue she comes out looking better than the other two because the difference between 25mm and 26mm plating is minor compared to the difference between 25mm and 32mm.

Sorry but I disagree. Almost every other tier 7 BB has better armor scheme than Florida's, which makes them capable of handling mid-tier or bottom-tier MM. Colorado and California both have the 26-mm-all-over bow, but their citadels are way better protected and sit well below the water line. Florida is....pretty much a floating citadel, similar to Nelson.

Screenshot (65).png

Screenshot (68).png

Screenshot (70).png

Screenshot (72).png

Screenshot (71).png

Screenshot (74).png

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (75).png