Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Vazry

What happened to Submarines?

5 comments in this topic

[DIRTY]
Members
6 posts
1,901 battles

I recently returned to the game and I do not see submarines anywhere. I played them months ago and they were fun. Why are they not implemented and in regular games at 1-2 max a game?

Were they too weak or too strong? Too hard or too easy to kill? I couldn't find any info on why they are not in the game.

Thank you for the information.

[POP]
Members
4,747 posts
12,813 battles

When they were in the game a few months back, it was just as a live server test in a separate mode. They're still being developed and there should be another open test (either on the live server or on a separate test server) before the end of the year.

[PHD]
Members
1,739 posts
7,125 battles

They are still in testing. Unlike CVs there is no hurry so they want to get them right before putting them in the game.

I think there are changes to the torp system and ships with no ASW ability are going to get an ASW aircraft consumable as a counter to subs.

There was some info announced a while ago. 

[STURM]
Members
727 posts
6,006 battles
21 minutes ago, Vazry said:

I recently returned to the game and I do not see submarines anywhere. I played them months ago and they were fun. Why are they not implemented and in regular games at 1-2 max a game?

Were they too weak or too strong? Too hard or too easy to kill? I couldn't find any info on why they are not in the game.

Thank you for the information.

They were only in the game at that time for testing. They may or may not be introduced into random battles somewhere down the line, but for the moment, they have gone back into the shop for more tweaking.

This was the last update we got on them, and it is pretty hefty amount of changes, but no date was included for when we might see them again.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/60

[DIRTY]
Members
6 posts
1,901 battles

Thank you so much. I am happy to know they were coming instead of being cancelled.

Sign in to follow this