Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Vazry

May someone explain this talent to me.

9 comments in this topic

[DIRTY]
Members
6 posts
2,007 battles

This is from Günther Lütjens and the talent states ,"Air Superiority talent: upon earning 30 "Rocket Hit", "Bomb Hit", or "Torpedo Hit" ribbons, aircraft restoration speeds up +10%. (Once per battle.)"

Does this mean a combination of the three or do I have to get 30 of one of the three?

How do I know when it is activated?

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles

It's supposed to be all three combined. I know when he first released it was counting them separately but I don't know if it's been fixed yet (although I would almost guarantee it has been).

If you have the talent fireworks enabled on the captain, you'll get a firework that shoots off above your ship whenever a talent is activated, and I'd assume there's something similar on the planes too. Regardless (and even if you have the fireworks turned off) you'll see a notification at the bottom of the screen pop up letting you know that the talent has been activated.

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
1 hour ago, Vazry said:

30 "Rocket Hit", "Bomb Hit", or "Torpedo Hit" ribbons,

IF you put it in this ^^^ format... It means flat out get 30 of either of the items listed above... If it stated something like

"Upon earning 30 "this", 20"that" and 10 of "those" Ribbons. 

Then I can say its specific restriction for each plane ordnance.

[-ARP-]
Members
59 posts
5,508 battles

I use Gunther alot on my Manfred and I can say for a fact it's a combination of all three types of armament. In my personal opinion, it's usually best to go for suicide Tactics at the start of the match against Cruisers or DDs that're peeling away or have peeled off from anyone else. Considering it's 12 rockets per full attack flight, I find it relatively easy to get in Manfred.

[RLGN]
Members
15,201 posts
26,861 battles
1 hour ago, Rose_Bomb said:

I use Gunther alot on my Manfred and I can say for a fact it's a combination of all three types of armament. In my personal opinion, it's usually best to go for suicide Tactics at the start of the match against Cruisers or DDs that're peeling away or have peeled off from anyone else. Considering it's 12 rockets per full attack flight, I find it relatively easy to get in Manfred.

Maybe if the rocket UI wasn’t such a hot mess that would be a good suggestion.

Unfortunately, for such lesser mortals as myself who found RTS easy and the FPS carriers marginally usable garbage, it’s borderline meaningless.

The actual KM Rocket UI bearing little functionality resemblance to all the others, and whatever the hell 0.9.9 did to carriers, certain doesn’t help.

Don’t think my Leutjens is doing anything right now. There seems little point.

I’ve gotten more use out of Sansonetti.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[-ARP-]
Members
59 posts
5,508 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Maybe if the rocket UI wasn’t such a hot mess that would be a good suggestion.

Unfortunately, for such lesser mortals as myself who found RTS easy and the FPS carriers marginally usable garbage, it’s borderline meaningless.

The actual KM Rocket UI bearing little functionality resemblance to all the others, and whatever the hell 0.9.9 did to carriers, certain don’t help.

Don’t think my Leutjens is doing anything right now. There seems little point.

I’ve gotten more use out of Sansonetti.

Oh, trust me. I hate the changes, too. And I'm pretty sure a few of them weren't supposed to happen (Such as the rapid decrease in speed when not pressing 'W'). I'd also take RTS back over this entire clusterduck we have, but I doubt WG will actually pull their heads out of their asses and actually listen for once.

Best bet with the new Rocket UI (I still much preferred the previous version as I could actually SEE the enemy ship I was aiming at) is try your best to get the reticle dead-center of the ship. From a top-down view this would like like the center of the reticle is pointing at the citadel while the Side-view makes it look like you're aiming near the belt-armor.

Freaking weird, I know. Doesn't help that the new movement camera we have actually makes me motion sick from all the [edited] it does.

[RLGN]
Members
15,201 posts
26,861 battles
5 hours ago, Rose_Bomb said:

Freaking weird, I know. Doesn't help that the new movement camera we have actually makes me motion sick from all the [edited] it does.

Yeah... All the reticles swing so wildly now because of whatever the camera’s doing when the planes are in a turn I can hardly settle them down anymore. I usually wind up having to drag the reticle back on target with the mouse, which of course does ‘wonders’ for getting it to shrink...

[SCREW]
Members
14 posts
3,937 battles
On 10/3/2020 at 1:42 AM, Estimated_Prophet said:

I usually wind up having to drag the reticle back on target with the mouse, which of course does ‘wonders’ for getting it to shrink...

A big takeaway in 0.9.9 is, take Sight Stabilization on everything now. Sure, it's only 7.5%, but when the motion is sickening every bit helps.

Looks like the returning plane damage bug still isn't fixed yet though, so there might be further CV patches on the way that might fix this targeting issue as well. Here's hoping.

Sign in to follow this