Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jondoom

Make it so your team knows your chat banned

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

80
[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,131 battles

I get chat banned once or twice a month. I am an Italian American from the East Coast and I say what I want and that's never going to change. That being said, there needs to be a way  for your team to know you're chat banned. It seems like EVERY game I need to PM people on my team afterwards to let them know that I am  chat banned and explain my plays if they're questioned. Put a slash through a chat banned players name on the leaderboard or some sort of mute icon. The current system is ridiculous. 

  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[DRI-S]
Members
12 posts
3,269 battles

I think the problem here is how often you are chat banned. It's just not that hard to refrain from harassment, insults, and excessive profanity 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
9,675 battles

Just been banned in chat for the first time ever in 5 years. I don't know what for and the ban is for 3 days which cripples me as I fight through ranked at level 7, my team doesn't know what is going on, Its a big handicap. maybe turn the ship into a different colour not the pink to let people know. A 3 day ban its nuts by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
175 posts
18,590 battles
On 10/4/2020 at 1:26 AM, XKELX90 said:

I think the problem here is how often you are chat banned. It's just not that hard to refrain from harassment, insults, and excessive profanity 

You don't use chat in game much, then. It takes 4 people reporting you to get a 3 day chat ban. You can send a support ticket it in for it to be lifted, which they will look at in 5-7 days.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[VAE]
Members
46 posts
4,035 battles
On 10/1/2020 at 10:46 PM, jondoom said:

I am an Italian American from the East Coast and I say what I want and that's never going to change.

The current system is ridiculous. 

Ouch.  

What about the current system makes it ridiculous?  Seems like you'd still have to explain your decisions to team mates.  Are you getting reported or harassed after the game as a result of perceived silence?  Is there any stat pages about how often this happens to players -- because if it is very common I can see a case for identifying chat-banned individuals just like we do team damaging.  However you have a very unique position (first sentence in quote) that may simply put you into the long statistical tail such that very few people experience this so routinely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,131 battles
12 hours ago, ZeroCoolant said:

Ouch.  

What about the current system makes it ridiculous?  Seems like you'd still have to explain your decisions to team mates.  Are you getting reported or harassed after the game as a result of perceived silence?  Is there any stat pages about how often this happens to players -- because if it is very common I can see a case for identifying chat-banned individuals just like we do team damaging.  However you have a very unique position (first sentence in quote) that may simply put you into the long statistical tail such that very few people experience this so routinely. 

I've experienced in match and post match harassment during chat bans, especially in ranked play. When it appears I'm sailing off the map after pinging a square 50x to try to indicate that there's a undetected destroyer there I am told that I am doing nothing and that I'm useless with much more choice language than that. 

What's ridiculous about the current system is that the "I" word constitutes a chat ban. I.d.i.o.t. will get you chat banned.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[VAE]
Members
46 posts
4,035 battles

The post-match harassment sounds rough -- it is certainly likely to provoke more heated conversations then less.  Sorry that this happens to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×