You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

This game is becoming harder and harder to like (Another rant with a side of self reflection and insight))

28 comments in this topic

[EQV]
Members
126 posts
1,359 battles

I finally got my hands on the tier VI Russian BB and was excited to play a a ship with so many more guns. The tier V was ok but I thought more gun more fun right. In my first matches I have been just getting tier VIII's. I could not eeven get within firing range of my guns without losing a quarter of my health. That was bearable since I then citadeled some tier VIII CA for half his health. He then promptly just backs up behind a nearby island as well as 3 other ships and proceeded to spam endless HE at me invisibly and invincibly until I die. The enemy BB's are too far away for me to hit sitting out at 18km my guns only have 15.2km range and no option for a spotter plane (Despite the fact it has the catapult for it on the turret, why is that by the way). I got to fire my guns once the entire game. What was I supposed to do I tried to hide behind an island but they just volleyed over it from behind their own island while invisible while out of my range. I was burnt to a crisp with nothing for me to do about it.

If anyone wants I could attach the link to the replay of it for proof of my misery. I know I am not an amazing player but I do decently most games even in ones where I get uptiered or dunked on by an early CV run I still play it out and contribute something. These cruisers are insane combined with the fact that our DD went yolo and died to torps theirs was given free rein so no one wanted to push out and I was the unfortunate first target picked to die. I do not know why people complain about CV's so much a ship with good AA or mobility can negate most of their effect but this a DD with no competition and invisible cruisers behind islands spamming HE what is anyone to do.

(I posted a previous rant only about a day or two ago, I feel I may just be burnt out at this point and needing a break because this getting unbearable. I used to have fun and still do often but more and more of this just keeps happening where I just kind of wish to give up as unfair to the team that would be. (I just get frustrated and upset with the gameplay and angry hence sending me to the forums whining. Which I know is just me seeking some validation of my feelings and possibly hoping to be angry with others over the previous match and the state of gameplay, because misery does in fact love company and nothing better than a good ol circle jerk with a bunch of equally frustrated and furious players agreeing with you , but typing it out I'll be honest does kind of help relax from the rage inducing match.) It just seems to happen more and more as of late or at least it seems that way due to how awful it is when it happens blocking out any other memories of a good match.

I am not the greatest with words but I feel I got my point across well enough. I just seem to having a harder time as of late enjoying this game. (By the way only 3 enemy ships were sunk in the entire match once the DD's were gone we could not do much)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

Every game turns out different. Sometimes the other team brings the perfect counter to your ship.

I suggest to play the ship for 50 more games, If you are still suffering then maybe try a different type.

You don't have enough battles quite yet to know if you are a BB, cruiser or DD main.

Keep playing, try different ships, odds are you will find something you are good in and you will like.

Good luck.

• Meh 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,366 posts
22,188 battles
15 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

I finally got my hands on the tier VI Russian BB and was excited to play a a ship with so many more guns. The tier V was ok but I thought more gun more fun right. In my first matches I have been just getting tier VIII's. I could not eeven get within firing range of my guns without losing a quarter of my health. That was bearable since I then citadeled some tier VIII CA for half his health. He then promptly just backs up behind a nearby island as well as 3 other ships and proceeded to spam endless HE at me invisibly and invincibly until I die. The enemy BB's are too far away for me to hit sitting out at 18km my guns only have 15.2km range and no option for a spotter plane (Despite the fact it has the catapult for it on the turret, why is that by the way). I got to fire my guns once the entire game. What was I supposed to do I tried to hide behind an island but they just volleyed over it from behind their own island while invisible while out of my range. I was burnt to a crisp with nothing for me to do about it.

If anyone wants I could attach the link to the replay of it for proof of my misery. I know I am not an amazing player but I do decently most games even in ones where I get uptiered or dunked on by an early CV run I still play it out and contribute something. These cruisers are insane combined with the fact that our DD went yolo and died to torps theirs was given free rein so no one wanted to push out and I was the unfortunate first target picked to die. I do not know why people complain about CV's so much a ship with good AA or mobility can negate most of their effect but this a DD with no competition and invisible cruisers behind islands spamming HE what is anyone to do.

(I posted a previous rant only about a day or two ago, I feel I may just be burnt out at this point and needing a break because this getting unbearable. I used to have fun and still do often but more and more of this just keeps happening where I just kind of wish to give up as unfair to the team that would be. (I just get frustrated and upset with the gameplay and angry hence sending me to the forums whining. Which I know is just me seeking some validation of my feelings and possibly hoping to be angry with others over the previous match and the state of gameplay, because misery does in fact love company and nothing better than a good ol circle jerk with a bunch of equally frustrated and furious players agreeing with you , but typing it out I'll be honest does kind of help relax from the rage inducing match.) It just seems to happen more and more as of late or at least it seems that way due to how awful it is when it happens blocking out any other memories of a good match.

I am not the greatest with words but I feel I got my point across well enough. I just seem to having a harder time as of late enjoying this game. (By the way only 3 enemy ships were sunk in the entire match once the DD's were gone we could not do much)

The tier 6 is extremely strong when played well.

Once you get into range you will wreck face.

The key is to get into position.

[EQV]
Members
126 posts
1,359 battles
16 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The tier 6 is extremely strong when played well.

Once you get into range you will wreck face.

The key is to get into position.

I can see how it would be strong lots of armor some mobility and a lot of fire power but in match such as that there is no position one could really take in my opinion. The BB's outrange you unless you sail out into open waters which is a terrible idea when there is an invisible tier VIII DD on the loose unchecked. Or sit back and get spammed by a cruiser I can neither see nor hit which on top of that also ignore my armor due to HE. It was a Swedish DD by the way a Halland I believe which is why our CV could not help he lost all his planes just by merely flying near it.

[-H-]
Members
210 posts
6,448 battles

Today was another classic example of the way this game has been for me consistently for the past several weeks. I log in for my free stuff. I then play 4 games. All complete one sided losses. I then log off and I won't bother playing again until next week maybe. I've been here 5 years. Randoms have been absolutely brutal. I don't even bother trying to grind through ship tiers anymore except when ranked is for that tier.

Now ranked has become much the same, especially with tier 10 players.  One of two things happen. Players run forward and get killed within the first 4 minutes or half the team camps behind the same island and completely ignores cross fire or securing the flanks.

So today I was 0-4. 1 random match where my team was annihilated in which I was able to get the sole kill. And 3 ranked where the above happened 3 times in a row. Again resulting in annihilation.

I've spent money on this game in the past. I have since long stopped from doing so and won't be revisiting that any time in the future. Ive got my premium ships, and what was once a very fun and rewarding system has turned into nothing but premium ships dominating matches time and again.

[WORX]
Members
11,984 posts
19,501 battles

Redacted

OP, IMHO, if this game is to stressful and you're not having fun... Then I wish you well in your next game of your choosing...

Some people who IMO need stress to relax (strange how our bodies work), They seek out games that purposely cause stress to feel relaxed.

If this is not you, there is not shame in moving on... You should be having fun, not adding more stress... Then again WOWS is a war arcade, to say its relaxing as say playing idle click games, its just the wrong perception.

Just some helpful insight...

GL OP,

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,296 posts
23,183 battles
53 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is not possible according to the current MM function... No tier 5 ships go against tier 8s...

Sorry NP...but that's not what he said.

You disregarded his 1st sentence where he said he just got the T6 RU BB...that T5 comment was a comparison to the T6 he just got...which is the ship he is getting into T8 matches with.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WORX]
Members
11,984 posts
19,501 battles
17 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Sorry NP...but that's not what he said.

You disregarded his 1st sentence where he said he just got the T6 RU BB...that T5 comment was a comparison to the T6 he just got...which is the ship he is getting into T8 matches with.

I guess the post was edited... I didn't change what was stated, Then it makes sense then... I'll Edit that part off.

The part in where he is feeling stressed. Its relevant... Enjoy the game not have negative feelings over it..

[H2O]
Members
57 posts
11,777 battles

He is just pointing out my main complaint about this game being up tiered 2 levels. There is no good reason why tier 8 should be playing against tier 6 or 10 against 8. It is just a way for WOW to get people to grind the tiers. I just finished a game on Ocean with 7 tier 9 & 10 tier ships with a 10 tier 3 ship division. If I wanted to play tier 10 ships I would have played a Thunderer instead my Mass. People complain all the time about people playing tier 10 whom are not skilled enough but they might as well since they have to play against them anyway. Also the 60/40 rule is a bunch of propaganda. I have been keeping tract and some tiers are way off that ratio. Very rarely are you top tier most of the time the best you can do is even. People want to have fun not stress. Even tiered games are fun. My suggestion is don't spend any money on this game because it just gets worse every year with OP ships coming out and the ones you have get nerfed.

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles

I'd say my biggest issue is that I'm always getting sucked into missions/grinds and instead of playing ships I want I focus on finishing grinds. I swear Anchorage is the last grind for me.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,006 posts
10 hours ago, Concept6 said:

I've spent money on this game in the past. I have since long stopped from doing so and won't be revisiting that any time in the future. Ive got my premium ships, and what was once a very fun and rewarding system has turned into nothing but premium ships dominating matches time and again.

This has always been a pay to win game.  It's just more blatant today than it was in  the past.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
11 hours ago, Yesman1337 said:

It is not about the game, your just playing a ship that kind of sucks.  The Izmail was very painful for me as well and I couldn't wait to be done with it.  The good news is, OMFG IS THE Sinop is amazing.  My mind was truly boggled when playing the Sinop because match after match after match I was breaking 100k in damage.  In the 6 matches I have in her from playing stock I average, AVERAGED 97,500 damage with my top damage being 146K...STOCK.  By Comparison my average damage on all my other Tier 7 BBs is only 65k per match.  

Now back to the Izmail.  First of all, if your stock the ship doubly sucks.  I don't know why but it I would swear that the stock hull has worse dispersion than the upgrade. I couldn't get the guns to hit the broadside of a barn until I upgraded the hull.  Not sure if it is a bug, design or my imagination, but the guns really, really sucked until I got the upgraded hull then they miraculously became fairly accurate, especially at shorter ranges.  Second, the ship is built to kite.  The gun angles forward are horrible and you have to open up way too much to get them all on target.  The fix is the play the ship in reverse.  Yes that is how borked up this ship is.  You rush the enemy, find a good point to turn without exposing your broadside, point you rear end at them, throw it in  reverse and CHARGE.....at like 6 knots or whatever the reverse speed is.  You can then easily get 3 of your 4 turret to bear and keep angled enough they can hardly hurt you.   If you can get them to chase you, well that is all the better but you need your rear end faced to the enemy of your going to get blapped.  Also the short range isn't that much of an issue because that is where your accuracy improves with the special Russian dispersion.  So back in to them till you about 8-10 km a way and kite, just don't allow you broadside to other ship.  

Honestly, the Izmail is painful and because it is, it magnifies any misery inflicted by your teams shortcommings.  My advice, swallow your misery and get it grinded out ASAP so you can get on to a fun ship to play, the Sinop (which is OP in my opinion) or just skip it with free.  I mean the Izmail is bad enough that yes, spending real $$$ to skip it is well worth the cost.

On another note, despite how painful the Izmail is to play, it can do ok once you painfully figure out how to play it.  I did finally end up managing an average of 51.5k of damage per match in it which is well less than most other Tier 6 BBs of mine but at least I stopped wanting to gouge my eyes out with a wooden spoon by the time I finally managed to grind it out.

[WOLF5]
Members
110 posts
56 minutes ago, irish8644 said:

He is just pointing out my main complaint about this game being up tiered 2 levels. There is no good reason why tier 8 should be playing against tier 6 or 10 against 8. It is just a way for WOW to get people to grind the tiers. I just finished a game on Ocean with 7 tier 9 & 10 tier ships with a 10 tier 3 ship division. If I wanted to play tier 10 ships I would have played a Thunderer instead my Mass. People complain all the time about people playing tier 10 whom are not skilled enough but they might as well since they have to play against them anyway. Also the 60/40 rule is a bunch of propaganda. I have been keeping tract and some tiers are way off that ratio. Very rarely are you top tier most of the time the best you can do is even. People want to have fun not stress. Even tiered games are fun. My suggestion is don't spend any money on this game because it just gets worse every year with OP ships coming out and the ones you have get nerfed.

Console is -1+1 mm    I’ve been hoping that’s a proving ground to change the pc mm.   #hope

• Meh 1

[SBS]
Members
6,126 posts
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

I'd say my biggest issue is that I'm always getting sucked into missions/grinds and instead of playing ships I want I focus on finishing grinds. I swear Anchorage is the last grind for me.

I'm a cruiser and DD player about to embark on the 1200 main battery hits with the New Mexico, because that's the only ship I have to do it in.  That is going to suck, but I feel like I'm too far along to quit now.  So I'm with you, I not likely to be chasing the missions grinds anymore.  That Bismarck mission for the cathedral camo, nice camo, but when in the hell will I have time to play that many games only in German ships?

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

God yes.  I feel the same way. I have even posted how annoying it is to be REQUIRED to play specific ship classes and/or nationalities to complete these missions.   It is so frustrating to be wanting to working on a specific tech tree but then if you do, you have to opt out of getting the mission rewards.  

I really like what they did with the US Battleship directives, well at least the first couple phases.  They allow you to knock out the directives while playing any ship you enjoyed.  It was so nice yesterday, just being able to grind out my RU cruiser line and also complete the objectives simultaneously rather than have to play 20+ battles in using a ship, I could care least about grinding just to get another ship building phase knocked out.  So, SO much wasted time on crap I didn't enjoy trying to knock out missions, it just pains me to think about it.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
4 minutes ago, TorpedoBonk said:

No it's not.

Yes it is. It is definitely pay to win at least in a lot of aspects.

Sure you can play for free but it is so painful playing that way.  Also if I want to "Win" an Anchorage, please tell me how I go about getting it for free because I would really like to know how to circumvent using 3500 dubs to purchase at least 2 constructions phases when it says that purchasing 2 construction phases is a requirement?

• Confused 1
  • Meh 1

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,796 battles
8 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Sure you can play for free but it is so painful playing that way.  Also if I want to "Win" an Anchorage, please tell me how I go about getting it for free because I would really like to know how to circumvent using 3500 dubs to purchase at least 2 constructions phases when it says that purchasing 2 construction phases is a requirement?

which part of this last 21 days was "pay to win" then. 

image.thumb.png.1061ad9a166291de5cb372aa84f09484.png

• Meh 1

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

This has always been a pay to win game.  It's just more blatant today than it was in  the past.

You really don't know what ptw means.

• Meh 1

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
15 minutes ago, TorpedoBonk said:

which part of this last 21 days was "pay to win" then. 

You suck in Sims )))

• Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,997 posts
4,946 battles
58 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

No, it's not.

You don't "win" an Anchorage, you do the missions to get a discount. This Dockyard has never been stated to be "free". 

[PVE]
Members
7,296 posts
23,183 battles
6 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

Sure you can play for free but it is so painful playing that way.  Also if I want to "Win" an Anchorage, please tell me how I go about getting it for free because I would really like to know how to circumvent using 3500 dubs to purchase at least 2 constructions phases when it says that purchasing 2 construction phases is a requirement?

"Pay to win" does not (in any of it's definitions) mean "pay to get premium ships"...premium ships don't generally*** give advantages in battle over other same tier ships.

It means "pay to get an advantage over other players in battle".

Seeing as the Anchorage will not allow you (or anybody else...not a personal attack) to get any advantage over any other players in battle (even if they gave it away for free to just you...or any other individual player) the game is still not classified as "pay to win"...based on that.

***Occasional OP ships (both tree ships & premium...tree ships nerfed later in update patches & premium ships nerfed by changing mechanics...eventually) do allow a certain aspect of pay to win to slip in though...not sure if Anchorage falls into that category...but even when that scenario happens it doesn't mean the ship is gonna win every battle (even if a unicum is using it)...it just means it has certain aspects that don't get addressed (whether by accident or intentionally ignored to boost sales) in testing that can give them an advantage in certain situations in battles.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
5 hours ago, TorpedoBonk said:

It's very difficult to do well when all 4 games in it, have had double CV. Luck of the MM draw I suppose. 

That was a joke BTW.