Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jan_van_Galen

Changing Captain's Voice

6 comments in this topic

[CSN]
Members
22 posts
9,623 battles

Well. I have a fair number of Anime Captains. To be honest while the Japanese banter was interesting at first, to be honest its getting annoying. Is there anyway to silence them or at least have the normal game notifications in English?  Thank you.

[NOVUM]
Members
68 posts
4,833 battles

In Audio Settings set Voiceover Modification to "Standard".

Might need to change Voiceover Language to English too.

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

Alternatively, you can disable the visual display of the anime captains and camos using the port filter (that gear to the top right of the ship carousel), which turns the captains into normal captains of that nation with normal voiceover languages and lines.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,179 posts
16,526 battles

@Jan_van_Galen

As BitCrushed pointed out, just switch your Voiceover Modification to Standard and you should be set.  If you follow MidnightPhoenix07's suggestion, it will work, but you lose out on the visual aspect as well.

So if it's just the VO's that are buggin ya, BitCrushed's suggestion is the way to go.  If you are bugged by all of it, then MidnightPhoenix07's suggest will set ya.

Something to try:  Switch VO Modification to National.  IF I recall correctly, the Anime Commander's will get standard Commander VO's while allowing you to still hear other Nation VO's.  As I'm not too sure on this, it's worth a shot.  Otherwise, just go with either BitCrushed or MidnightPhoenix07 suggestions. :Smile_great:

[WOLF8]
Members
7,627 posts
6,371 battles

AFAIK, setting your voice setting to Standard does NOT prevent the anime captains' unique voice lines. They simply override the setting when you try to use them in battle.

IIRC, there are two ways to prevent the unique voice lines from playing:

1. Changing your voice setting to National, but to the one without the plus sign. This will play the default voice lines that correspond to the nation of the ship & the captain... but if you play any ship from non-English nations, then it'll not be in English.
  2. Disabling the anime theme in your game, by using the tiny cogwheel menu at the bottom right corner of the port UI. This will not only disable the unique voice lines, but all corresponding anime captains of the theme will be converted to generic standard captains.

TBH, I don't know if WG changed this... but since I haven't heard anything from them regarding this issue, I'm assuming that what I said above still holds true. Hope that helped.

Edited by Blorgh2017

Sign in to follow this