Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Revan_Vader

Game client question - 0.9.9

4 comments in this topic

[BOBS_]
Members
21 posts
4,287 battles

Hey everyone I'm not sure what's the story about the Wargaming Ingame client. 

To my understanding you would only need one live game installation for 0.9.9 for playing any of the regions like EU/NA/ASIA (or SEA)/CIS server and there would be a separate install for the PTS but I'm not entirely clear on how the process would work because this is what I have done. 

• Uninstall the Wargaming Game Centre client and removed all the World of Warships installations for the other regions
  • Rebooted machine
  • Go to World of Warships (NA website in this case for me) 
  • Download the game client and it reinstalled the Wargaming client
  • Download World of Warships (it mentioned about approx over 90GB)
  • Download and install the game
  • On the top left I added the accounts for ASIA, NA and EU for example
  • Added the PTS to the list to be downloaded
  • Added the PTS Account login details

After downloading and installing the live server install, the game client shows World of Warships (North America) but whenever you can select on the top left hand side, you can select whatever account for NA/EU/ASIA/CIS and PTS but lets say I select ASIA, I can login on there fine. But I think the whole process is a bit rough.

I'm hoping WG will fix it soon because it they need a new download launcher. For example whenever you go to Download the game through here for example  https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/game/ 

It should say "Download the Game for all regions" 90GB install for example, and it should work out fine in theory.  

I noticed the game and the launcher sometimes freezes but comes back okay in a few seconds, am I doing anything wrong?

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,704 posts
36,244 battles

Thanks. I came to ask the question on how to do it. I got it from yours.

It worked to get on my EU account but should be clearer.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,770 posts
5,414 battles

90 gig file will take me approximately 70 hours to download give or take 10.

My ISP is unlimited data through the router each month per standing contract last 20 years. But that is a very large file. I would not do it. 40 gb is bad enough.

My traffic already exceeds a tera a month.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,579 posts
4,223 battles
21 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

90 gig file will take me approximately 70 hours to download give or take 10.

My ISP is unlimited data through the router each month per standing contract last 20 years. But that is a very large file. I would not do it. 40 gb is bad enough.

My traffic already exceeds a tera a month.

A) what are you running that needs 1TB data per month, and B) how on earth are you doing that if your download speed is that bad?

A client install takes an hour or two for me, usually around 50GB, 90 wouldn't be that much more and I have a good but not great internet connection.

Also, I didn't uninstall anything and I patched just fine. I only play on NA, but supposedly it shouldn't matter. Probably too late now, but I wouldn't uninstall anything unless you need to.

Sign in to follow this