You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Revalator

shells with tracers

14 comments in this topic

[-OMS-]
Beta Testers
42 posts
2,419 battles

Ive been around for a long time but took some long breaks

I have a couple questions

where or what are the shells that have red tracers coming at me? i cant find them

next question, not shure of the ship but it was a tier 9 or 10, it spit out main battery shells at me every 5 to 7 seconds

no main gun could ever reload that fast

also ive noticed many ships are hitting with all 6 to 9 shells per salvo, im lucky if i get 3 or4 at most. is this just anoth hack in the game or what

thanks for the help

[_BDA_]
Members
117 posts
3,523 battles

To answer your questions

Colored tracers are one of the perks of special commanders such as Yamamomo or Halsey(the ones with special skills). If someone has one the special commanders as their captain, they have the option to enable their shells to have colored tracers. 

It could have been a destroyer or a rapid firing cruiser such as Des Moines, Smolensk, or Colbert.

Part of it is probably RNG trolling you and part of it could also be your aim being a bit off.

Edited by cheekywarship2018

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
5 minutes ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

Part of it is probably RNG trolling you and part of it could also be your aim being a bit off.

This.

It’s also hard to hit things when you’re sunk. Survive more, learn the aiming mechanics and you’ll probably find your game experience changes. 

Beta Testers
3,281 posts
26,944 battles
34 minutes ago, Revalator said:

where or what are the shells that have red tracers coming at me? i cant find them

next question, not shure of the ship but it was a tier 9 or 10, it spit out main battery shells at me every 5 to 7 seconds

also ive noticed many ships are hitting with all 6 to 9 shells per salvo, im lucky if i get 3 or4 at most. is this just anoth hack in the game or what

thanks for the help

You have been away a LONG time that's for sure................ 

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,658 posts
12,064 battles

If the shell itself is red, that is Italian SAP ammo. If the smoke trail following it is red or blue, that's a special commander. No changes to how the shell works, just makes it pretty. I turned mine off to hide the fact that I have a special commander.

5 to 7 seconds for a main gun is normal for light cruisers. Some get to sub-3 seconds. The fastest-firing DD is less than 1.5s.

This is a T10 Worcester with 3.8s reload and 12 guns.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,576 posts
4,223 battles
1 hour ago, Revalator said:

thanks for the help

Tracers are a feature of special captains (or SAP), which you can get in a variety of ways.

On the shells, have you ever encountered a Des Moines? One of the original ships and it has a sub 6 sec reload. Now though there's a ton of ships. Gunboat DDs, all CLs, some CAs.

Hitting, you've been away for a while, probably rusty. Hacks aren't a thing as most calculations happen server side.

Members
1,005 posts
1,395 battles

Sometimes red tracers denote a certain captain, other times it is semi-armor-piercing. 

Sorry, what? Ever heard of autocannons? :cap_popcorn:

Edited by black_hull4
wrong word

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,202 battles

As others have said, special captains have colored tracers, and Italian cruisers have red SAP shells. As far as the accuracy goes, that's going to depend heavily on the nation, the gun, caliber, and the ship type you're using. If you're only hitting with three or four in a BB, that's pretty average. Cruisers and DDs have much better dispersion, for whatever reason. Not a lot of sense there. As for the reload times, yeah, kiss realism goodbye as far as that goes. Some ships have a realistic reload time, mostly BBs, but for the most part cruisers and destroyers fire inhumanly fast. I think the lowest reload time is around 2 seconds.

But with all that said, how are you at tier 9 and only just discovering this? A lot of this info is what you learn just through playing the game. If you don't know, you either aren't paying attention, or you're just skipping ships and not bothering to learn. Either way, nothing anyone tells you here is going to help you if you aren't going to learn from it.

• Sad 1

[-OMS-]
Beta Testers
42 posts
2,419 battles

im actually at tier 10, just dont post much, i play and play, and because of my job im gone alot, ive seen many of these things over the last couple years, just never took the time to ask...

[PHD]
Members
1,745 posts
7,130 battles
18 hours ago, Revalator said:

thanks for the help

I can't remember which one in the game, Wichita I  think, was the first with automatic loaders for 203mm guns. It could shoot that fast in real life.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,761 posts
5,406 battles

Some artillery today can do burst firing in excess of 10 rounds a minute when putting TOT down.

When a Minotaur opens up, you will hear it pretty good. Deletes DD in a few moments.

Some ships I pause a few heart beats between turrets when firing. By the time the last one fired, the first two are loaded and waiting. Then hold the mouse button down until enemy is destroyed.

Edited by xHeavy

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
500 posts
14,289 battles

Special Tracers :

Let me say first, I will miss some captains that will have tracers

USA - Halsey - Red Tracers = "Hit Hard! Hit Fast! Hit Often!" Campaign

Japan - Yamamoto - Red Tracers = "Yamamoto Isoroku" Campaign

Europe - Jerzy Swirski - Blue Tracers = "Hard Willed" Campaign <--- Its over now, not sure how to get him now.

UK - Cunningham - Blue Tracers = "Early Access to UK CA" <-- Not Avail now, but you can buy him in the Armory for 175k Coal

Russia - Kuznetsov - Red Tracers = Armory for 175k Coal

France - Auboyneau - Blue Tracers = Armory for 175k Coal

Germany - Lutjens - Red Tracers = Armory for 175k Coal

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now there are other "Unique Captains" that have tracers

Alexander (Hockey player) - USA & Russia AND the EIther/Or Captain of the same name = Blue Tracers - Originally I think it was the Hard Eight Collection and/or you could have bought him in premium shop.

There may be a few others but I can't think of them off the to of my head. I'm sure if you search the net you can find a complete list.

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
223 posts
8,637 battles

Russia - Kuznetsov and Smolensk.  It is impressive.  Pompern ( Secondary Build ) and Lutjens.  Pretty cool.

Edited by Firerizer