You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dagger1013

On top of the CV bugs, it appears the patch has broken replays

6 comments in this topic

[LSNB]
Members
200 posts
6,335 battles

Previously, in a replay you could either replay the entire match from your perspective including any times you decided to follow shells with Z or enter binocular view.

You could also with left click, exit that mode and freely rotate the camera around your ship, without entering into the scope view.

As of today, when i went back into a replay of mine to record a clip of a satisfying devstrike, I was unable to switch between the aforementioned modes.

I also could not enter the free camera mode that you previously could by pressing control > shift > backspace. It plays the sound of the camera unlocking, but the camera remains locked on your ship.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts
1 hour ago, dagger1013 said:

Previously, in a replay you could either replay the entire match from your perspective including any times you decided to follow shells with Z or enter binocular view.

You could also with left click, exit that mode and freely rotate the camera around your ship, without entering into the scope view.

As of today, when i went back into a replay of mine to record a clip of a satisfying devstrike, I was unable to switch between the aforementioned modes.

I also could not enter the free camera mode that you previously could by pressing control > shift > backspace. It plays the sound of the camera unlocking, but the camera remains locked on your ship.

I tried a replay about 15 minutes ago and it wouldn't even load ... just went to the WCG and then nothing.  If I hit play, it enters the regular game.

edit: finally got the replay to load ... Cntl+Shift+[edited] wouldn't work for me either ... found no way to enter free camera mode

Edited by DocWalker

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,578 posts
4,223 battles

Track shells has always been iffy on replays. I know it hadn't been working, was unaware it had been fixed. It's probably not this patch in particular, that aspect seems to go on the fritz somewhat regularly. Apparently though WG is going to update replays soon so they just not be worried about things like that for right now.

Members
23 posts
2,663 battles

I like that the game auto records replays 30 at a time, extra reading and writing or wear and tear on my storage hardware but doesn't even work half the time or at all right now. Sometimes its hard to remember what the actual plusses to this game are over all the rest.

• Sad 1

Members
23 posts
2,663 battles

I have some replays of some guys who are supposed to be those awesome players with good stats (although in reality they are barely above average if you ignore the large stat padding of damage ships and back of map island farming on losses. Replays of which i was about to convert and upload as hard evidence that just because my stats suck and theirs are good doesn't directly correlate to them being better than myself at winning, carrying, or even influencing games one way or the other. just the usual replays where the self proclaimed heroes don't even support each other much less the team and hide behind as much cover as possible with superior numbers. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,579 posts
14,473 battles
5 hours ago, JoshKeleskKoinaAU said:

[snipped in the interest of mercy on the forum readership.]

You’re right. There are benefits to replays not working.