Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
David_Orr

No Italian tier 3 battleship?

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7
[IPC]
Members
10 posts
1,502 battles

Why is there no tier 3 battleship on the Italian tree? I’m a crummy player, so I depend on those lower-level ships!😂

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,674
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

its such a short tier,you play 3 or 4 battles and you have enough exp to go to tier4.

im kinda glad they dont have one,dont want to play a dead tier.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,342
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,267 posts
14,704 battles

Aloha,

We decided to start the IT BBs at tier IV.

Tier III BBs are usually quickly XP'd out of and not very popular, so we are trying something new.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,112
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,835 battles
11 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

We decided to start the IT BBs at tier IV.

Tier III BBs are usually quickly XP'd out of and not very popular, so we are trying something new.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Its not really a good idea to force players into higher tiers with such low level captains.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,411
[RLGN]
Members
15,163 posts
26,800 battles
4 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Its not really a good idea to force players into higher tiers with such low level captains.

Unfortunately, that seems to be WG’s MO of late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,112
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,835 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Unfortunately, that seems to be WG’s MO of late.

Indeed.

It also makes a mockery of their previous statements about not having enough content...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,342
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,267 posts
14,704 battles
7 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Its not really a good idea to force players into higher tiers with such low level captains.

In many cases you can be out of tier III and into tier IV in 1-4 battles. The amount of commander XP gained in that time isn't enough to get enough skills to make an impact over the length of a grind up the tiers.

So your statement is not necessarily true.

-Hapa

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,411
[RLGN]
Members
15,163 posts
26,800 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

In many cases you can be out of tier III and into tier IV in 1-4 battles. The amount of commander XP gained in that time isn't enough to get enough skills to make an impact over the length of a grind up the tiers.

So your statement is not necessarily true.

-Hapa

South Carolina taught me how to deal with, shoot at and hit, and sink destroyers and other torpedo users...

...because I stayed there until I figured out why I kept getting sunk.

Whatever the reasoning for dropping a T3 may be, it also isn’t necessarily right.

The Turtle won the race against the Rabbit in the fable for a reason.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,342
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,267 posts
14,704 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

South Carolina taught me how to deal with, shoot at and hit, and sink destroyers and other torpedo users...

...because I stayed there until I figured out why I kept getting sunk.

Whatever the reasoning for dropping a T3 may be, it also isn’t necessarily right.

The Turtle won the race against the Rabbit in the fable for a reason.

The thing is, you forget we have access to A LOT of data that the public does not.

Though YOU may stay at a tier to learn before moving forward, the majority of players are not doing this.

As a result tier I-III are some of the least played tiers. This is why we made this choice.

My advice is ALWAYS to slow down going up the lines to new players, but for the most part, players do not do this.

-Hapa

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,073
[SALVO]
Members
25,816 posts
28,151 battles
9 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The thing is, you forget we have access to A LOT of data that the public does not.

Though YOU may stay at a tier to learn before moving forward, the majority of players are not doing this.

As a result tier I-III are some of the least played tiers. This is why we made this choice.

My advice is ALWAYS to slow down going up the lines to new players, but for the most part, players do not do this.

-Hapa

Not speaking to the Italian BB line, but I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed that the new USN (second) BB line doesn't include historical BBs all the way down to tier 3 or 4.  It would have been completely doable to use built-in-steel USN BBs from tier 3 or 4 all the way up to tier 8,  before switching over to paper or made up designs.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,908
[SYN]
Members
15,880 posts
12,803 battles
54 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Tier III BBs are usually quickly XP'd out of and not very popular, so we are trying something new.

or you know, you could try and improve lower tier popularity by trying out new game modes at those tiers.

IMO, I'd go for something like 100v100, Battle of Jutland style on a T10 map.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,112
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,835 battles
42 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

In many cases you can be out of tier III and into tier IV in 1-4 battles. The amount of commander XP gained in that time isn't enough to get enough skills to make an impact over the length of a grind up the tiers.

So your statement is not necessarily true.

-Hapa

 

31 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The thing is, you forget we have access to A LOT of data that the public does not.

Though YOU may stay at a tier to learn before moving forward, the majority of players are not doing this.

As a result tier I-III are some of the least played tiers. This is why we made this choice.

My advice is ALWAYS to slow down going up the lines to new players, but for the most part, players do not do this.

-Hapa

So...you agree with me.

I always tell my friends to get a captain to current tier x2 captain points before moving on.

It gets you to learn the ship gimmick. It helps you be more on-par with the ships you will fight performance in the new tier...

...and most importantly...you do not end up skipping most of the game in a mad quest to get to tier 10...which isnt even the most fun part of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,091
[WOLFG]
Members
31,329 posts
9,629 battles
45 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

In many cases you can be out of tier III and into tier IV in 1-4 battles. The amount of commander XP gained in that time isn't enough to get enough skills to make an impact over the length of a grind up the tiers.

Agreed. I don't even bother retraining captains until moving from T4 to T5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
713 posts
61 battles
26 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

As a result tier I-III are some of the least played tiers. This is why we made this choice.

 

well the absence of content, long waiting times, the absence of players in t1-4 random battles are possibly causing a downward spiral. (They also make the multiplayer new player experience, quite lonesome.)

33 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

 My advice is ALWAYS to slow down going up the lines to new players, but for the most part, players do not do this.

 

Your advice is in contradiction with everything that occurs in the commercial part of the game, which is about how to accelerate access and unlocks for high tiers. premium time, direct purchase of tier 9 content, free xp conversion, xp increasing flags and camos.. 

One day WOWS will stop bothering with tech tree ships, altogether, and just sell tier 9s and 10s directly to customers. (Which of course, it already does, there are enough supercruisers for a short tech tree split at tier 8 for several in game nations, but instead, they are all reward/premium - Alaska/Puerto Rico being an example.

I understand that all this is inevitable, but WOWS development priorities and choices must certainly be among the causes of low tech tree depopulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,015
Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles

You know why I grind up the line as quick as possible? Because im tired of being in 4 CV matches. 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,091
[WOLFG]
Members
31,329 posts
9,629 battles
3 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

 

So...you agree with me.

I always tell my friends to get a captain to current tier x2 captain points before moving on.

Wait, what?

You mean somebody actually has friends that are new players that haven't run screaming for the hills? :Smile_trollface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IJN]
Members
315 posts
14,765 battles

I'm curious if Wargaming is aware of Vittorio Cuniberti's Battleship design from 1903? I feel like this would be the Italian tier three battleship if it comes to the game. Personally I think that having a tier three is warranted. I play through the low tiers and enjoy them but I understand if others don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,411
[RLGN]
Members
15,163 posts
26,800 battles
47 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The thing is, you forget we have access to A LOT of data that the public does not.

Though YOU may stay at a tier to learn before moving forward, the majority of players are not doing this.

As a result tier I-III are some of the least played tiers. This is why we made this choice.

My advice is ALWAYS to slow down going up the lines to new players, but for the most part, players do not do this.

-Hapa

Fair enough; but there is a difference between rushing up the tiers by personal choice; and the appearance, by how things seem like they are being presented or done; that such players are being ‘encouraged’ to do so.

I learned that lesson in-game long ago.

The bitterness, disappointment, and regrets resulting in my having rushed to get a tier 10 have clouded how I feel about the game ever since.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,608
[POP]
Members
2,988 posts
24,073 battles

No Tier 3 Italian Battleship ! I just thought they had not designed it yet so they were not just showing it until it was ready.

But if this is true WHAT A JOKE.

WG there are some of us that are just sick to death of your high tier " PAPER SUPER SHIPS " that actually like historical warships and like to have a bit of fun with them in Coop.

    

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IJN]
Members
315 posts
14,765 battles

Both the French and Russian tier three battleships were based off designs instead of actual ships because there were none built. Same with the Italians, there is only a ship design from 1903.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,043
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,112 posts
11,050 battles

I have a theory on this: the only players WG wants playing tier 3 are new players, and in turn, they also don't want new players messing with SAP yet. WG wants to minimize the amount of SAP in the protected matchmaker for new players. 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
479
[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
11 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I have a theory on this: the only players WG wants playing tier 3 are new players, and in turn, they also don't want new players messing with SAP yet. WG wants to minimize the amount of SAP in the protected matchmaker for new players. 

Thats certainly fair, SAP is obnoxious against light armor and well..thats 90% of low tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,416
[META_]
Members
2,255 posts
7,485 battles
32 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

or you know, you could try and improve lower tier popularity by trying out new game modes at those tiers.

IMO, I'd go for something like 100v100, Battle of Jutland style on a T10 map.

have suggested multiple times that WG offer a split with BBs to go with  CV or no CV...  there are enough ships in the game built around CV play, that can avoid rockets, torps, bombs, and have something approaching effective AA, and those that were built with no CVs in mind... all the way thru T10

every time i post it, there are a lot of comments we don't have the player base to sustain that. thing is, if the player base is dwindling, how do you justify NOT doing it??

some of the comments that make an impression when i post that suggestion are:

'WG would have to drop CVs when they saw how many players opt out of playing vs CVs'

WG would have to find a way for CVs to fight other CVs effectively.... which may help to alleviate the current issues with CVs in the game.

24 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Fair enough; but there is a difference between rushing up the tiers by personal choice; and the appearance, by how things seem like they are being presented or done; that such players are being ‘encouraged’ to do so.

I learned that lesson in-game long ago.

The bitterness, disappointment, and regrets resulting in my having rushed to get a tier 10 have clouded how I feel about the game ever since.

rushed up to the Shima 1st, and boy did i suck like the vacuum of outer space. not learning from doing it once, i repeated. when my stats got to solid red for EVERYTHING, with almost 4k Random battles, you have a choice... reroll or learn how to play the game, and try to bring those stats up. OW OW OW.

that said, no bitterness, as there were more than a few CCs like lert, LWM and couple others that were regularly posting how to get better.

I'm looking thru my profile and not finding any T3 or T4 BBs, and very few types in the game at all that  I've played at T4 or lower a lot before moving up.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
713 posts
61 battles
5 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Thats certainly fair, SAP is obnoxious against light armor and well..thats 90% of low tiers.

at low tiers, we new players are mosly fighting against bots, bots that would struggle to hit a barn door at point blank range. An average t3-4 battle has only 2 humans per team. I don't think SAP would make any difference to the "experience".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
36 posts
11,370 battles

Wargaming has basically abandoned over half the time frame the game supposedly covers. Might as well rename it to World of WW2 and Fantasy Paper Ships.

  • Cool 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×