You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

October call to action, a question to you.

80 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,319 posts
14,735 battles

What are your hobbies outside of gaming?

For me, I love cooking, hiking, biking, kayaking or just spending time with the pupper!

Also, I love trying out new breweries and eateries :Smile_izmena:

Let's hear about your hobbies!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles

Music (part of it's my career, but the non-career parts still count as hobbies), reading, writing, cooking, ballroom dancing, and theater

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,798 posts
20,305 battles

1/16 scale RC tanks.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
175 posts
20,495 battles

Travel and Photography are my main activities.

Hapa, I misread part of yours as "spending time with the puppet" LOL

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[LANCE]
Members
846 posts
6,319 battles

Music, movies, drawing, football (or soccer as you lot call it) playing/watching, ice hockey (used to play now just watch) and spending time with my kids (or as they’re now a bit older it should be spending money with the kids!).

• Cool 2

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,082 battles

Being the DJ of fictitious radio station XMUD Universal Radio Broadcasting to the Stars and Beyond on Facebook. A great way to get female friends, spark up old flames and a few new ones.

Music and flicks from the late 1800s to the present. Those my age and a bit older love the stuff from their childhoods.

• Cool 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,210 posts

Making metal ship models from kits you find online . It's super relaxing. Also trying out different wines/drinks is very relaxing as well .:cap_tea:

Cheers!!!!

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,229 posts
4,766 battles

Drinking, cooking, growing hot peppers, cycling (when I could), reading, shouting at cats, feeding cats, emptying cat boxes, opening the door for cats, closing the door after cats, cleaning up cat hair, hiding from a virus by pretending to be Charlton Heston in a post-apocalyptic world.  Whacking wikis.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
806 posts
8,228 battles

gardening, building computers, driving, cooking, CRP Status reviews (cause while its technically work i find it enjoyable.)

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,381 posts
13,079 battles

Actually got one of my fun to fly drones up last weekend, rather than my camera drone that's been mostly relegated to checking the roof out after a storm. I plan on doing more of that if the weather holds.

• Cool 1

Members
1,024 posts
1,413 battles

Was hiking and then a pandemic happened. I still hike on a mountain literally a block away from my place, but not as much.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,199 posts
12,101 battles

Studying military aviation with a focus on WWII (mostly US, UK, German and Japan as most of the books when I was younger only covered those, still catching up on nations like RU and the rest), though I do study a far broader range of military history and what not though still a heavier focus on the second World War. Play other games, dissect games (I look to find the flaws, the tells, etc such as in "The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" game in which a very specific musical note plays when a particular enemy is about to attack you, allowing you to spin around and use the insta-kill combo), and occasionally design and come up with ideas for games (that I usually scrap for various reasons). Read, watch a variety of things from old war movies to anime, classics to cult films. And I study things generally if they interest me or I feel I need to know them.

Really I'm just kind of a secluded nerd - more so with my asthma and all while the plague is about. It reached my area early so I've been stuck in our apartment since mid-February and the stadium I work at hasn't reopened. Also why I have time to incases find ship blueprints and when I'm not thoroughly discouraged and fed up with Wargaming come on here and give you guys hell about the state of CV's and the numerous historical inaccuracies and the lack of proper lines or line splits. More so because I've been studying WWII aviation since I was 4 (my mother hated reading me the books), and the war in general since I was 7 - much as I understand compromises needed for the sake of gameplay - there are plenty of unnecessary ones made. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles

Used to be  into Warhammer/40k, now mostly Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadow Deep, I do my own terrain probably why I have of unpainted mini's.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,048 posts
12,529 battles

Uesed to be sailing and sailboat maintenance. At the moment it's going to the beach, nature photography and WW2 related military and social history.

Meanwhile, naval science has always been my hobby. I would like to say car maintenance, but I'm too amateur for that. All i can do is change break pads, spark plugs on certain cars and oil; stuff every motorist is supposed to know. :Smile_hiding:

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,856 posts
17,480 battles

Reading and watching historic documentaries. WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam. Astronomy and  the space race. Political documentaries. Trying to make people laugh, reading and watching things that make me laugh. A good cigar once in a every great while. Making things with metal occasionally.  I have made some knives, a small metal vice. Odds and ends. Fishing and enjoying the outdoors when the weather is nice.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,235 posts
12,248 battles
On 10/1/2020 at 5:05 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

What are your hobbies outside of gaming?

For me, I love cooking, hiking, biking, kayaking or just spending time with the pupper!

Also, I love trying out new breweries and eateries :Smile_izmena:

Let's hear about your hobbies!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Before I began working at a job that has me on my feet 8+ hours a day....
I enjoyed bicycling, geocaching, canoeing, walking/hiking, reading, photography, sewing (hey, my clothes aren't gonna mend themselves, eh?) and "being a tourist".
After becoming a home-owner, it is amazing how household tasks interrupt the time available for hobbies.
Life also became different after we got a pair of ferrets.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
edited to add photography
  • Cool 1

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,131 battles

I build model ships and science fiction kits, typically with heavy aftermarket parts and scratch building. I read, primarily non fiction unless it's a crime novel. Pre-pandemic I was a gym goer 4-5x a week, now I have been hiking and walking more because they're still closed here. 

• Cool 1