You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Daniel_Allan_Clark

CV changes (?)

12 comments in this topic

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,308 battles

I am going to use this thread to collect my observations for the CV issues from 0.9.9.

-----------------------------------

Torpedo dispersion -> seems to have greatly increased. The randomness of torpedo placement has increased. Noticed on Rhein and Lexington games

Aircraft losses after drop -> usual plane losses from player controlled squadron. However, losses of planes returning to carrier seem abnormally high...SOME OF THE TIME. Noted with Lexington, had games with the strange plane losses, and games without. Rhein games seemed unaffected. Bug possibly related to plane speed to reach safe altitude? Bug on regen rate?

Aircraft handling -> Rhein DBs now waffle into the turn like Hermes bombers...radius of turn has definitely increased.

I personally have not seen issues with boost...

Other people's observations in thread:

Hosho TB turning radius appears to be affected.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

[RBRDK]
Members
20 posts
5,303 battles

49 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I am going to use this thread to collect my observations for the CV issues from 0.9.9.

Torpedo dispersion -> seems to have greatly increased. The randomness of torpedo placement has increased. Noticed on Rhein and Lexington games

Aircraft losses after drop -> usual plane losses from player controlled squadron. However, losses of planes returning to carrier seem abnormally high...SOME OF THE TIME. Noted with Lexington, had games with the strange plane losses, and games without. Rhein games seemed unaffected. Bug possibly related to plane speed to reach safe altitude? Bug on regen rate?

Aircraft handling -> Rhein DBs now waffle into the turn like Hermes bombers...radius of turn has definitely increased.

From my understanding it is a bug. All of the changes to CVs were supposed to be visual only. 

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,308 battles
39 minutes ago, Soviet_CareBear said:

From my understanding it is a bug. All of the changes to CVs were supposed to be visual only. 

Yes...many different aspects of play have been affected.

So many that I created this thread to capture and record them.

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Other people's observations in thread:

Hosho TB turning radius appears to be affected.

We had a micro-patch earlier today that covered this. 

You can find the details here:

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles
10 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Was it patched already? I don't see anything in my update history that says anything?  Was it server side?    Or is this just an acknowledgment that there is an issue that is being looked at?   

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,308 battles
23 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Rhein DB turning radius was observed AFTER this morning's patch...

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,401 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Pretty sure the micro-patch didn't affect anything regarding plane handling or vulnerability.

[RLGN]
Members
18,935 posts
34,496 battles
2 hours ago, Soviet_CareBear said:

Heard this in a thread yesterday...

1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

We had a micro-patch earlier today that covered this...

Did it actually do anything?

The client did a restart, that I saw because I had to log in again, but if anything, my Furious’ planes are acting even WORSE than they did last night...

1 hour ago, iRA6E said:

Was it patched already? I don't see anything in my update history that says anything?  Was it server side?    Or is this just an acknowledgment that there is an issue that is being looked at?   

Good question.

To me, it seems every time something is done to carriers, it just makes things worse than they were before.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Good question.

To me, it seems every time something is done to carriers, it just makes things worse than they were before.

Not sure what's going on here, but all the various unreported CV changes seem awfully suspiciously like a stealth class nerf gone so far its really obvious?  I'm fine with ANNOUNCED balance changes.. but this one,  with all the different observed CV NERFS that were not announced, seems awfully targeted...   amazingly,  and I guess, uncoincidentally..were all nerfs.    I've been with WG a long time and many times have suspected they had adjusted something under the rug?   EU forums are alive with this one too...   One could reasonably discern if this happened, and reason to believe now it did, this isn't the 1st time, and likely would have or has happened with any class of ship?     Anyhow....I'll set my CVs aside and let the Anti-CV crowd gloat with glee.   

• Funny 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
4,308 battles
On 10/1/2020 at 3:10 PM, Gneisenau013 said:

Nope.

Plane losses are still not fixed.

See below replay from a game at 1732 Eastern Standard Time.

Lexington against tier 6 and 8s. Best possible match making...still had to pre-drop EVERY TIME to maintain squadron strength...on a 19 point full survivability captain.

You have fixed nothing.

Back to work.

20201002_171224_PASA108-Lexington_46_Estuary.wowsreplay