Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SledgehammerLion

Bring back the old equipment tab!

8 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
1,732 battles

I just recently (a couple of months ago) started playing WoWs again after about 2 years off. There are a few things that really annoy me about the current game, most notably the HE spam meta that seems to plague higher tier games (I'd rather a CV than HE spam any day of the week). However, the ONE thing that is so simple and yet so frustrating is the fact that we now have an edge to edge equipment/upgrade tab that covers up your ship. I can't stand it. Why would you put this small group of configuration options into a full-screen UI?? Please, PLEASE bring back the old UI so I don't have to look at a massive blurred screen while selecting my upgrades and equipment. Am I alone in this? I mean, the Exterior tab still has the classic side UI.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.10.01 - 12.29.10.68 (2).png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.10.01 - 12.29.59.68 (2).png

• Cool 4

[DMGS]
Members
83 posts
6,234 battles

I’m not gonna claim that you are alone in this, but this was requested for quite some time. I personally didn’t like having to jump between screens for these so I like it better this way.

Members
5 posts
1,732 battles
4 minutes ago, Firewalk said:

I’m not gonna claim that you are alone in this, but this was requested for quite some time. I personally didn’t like having to jump between screens for these so I like it better this way.

@Firewalk was there no way to include both in a side UI? It seems like if you double the height of the Exterior UI it would leave enough room. Honestly, I thought it was a mod when I first saw it. What would be sweet is a mod that basically changes it back lol.

Edited by GrosserEisenwolf

[DMGS]
Members
83 posts
6,234 battles
Just now, GrosserEisenwolf said:

@Firewalk was there no way to include both in a side UI? It seems like if you double the height of the Exterior UI it would leave enough room. Honestly I thought it was a mod when I first saw it.

I agree that the current implementation is a bit iffy, it could use condensing and use up less screen space!

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

You should have seen the threads saying that exact same thing when it was first released. A lot of people didn’t like it, and some were quite vocal about it. 

When the changes were announced, WG had said the reason for the redesign was to be able to have both the consumables and upgrades tabs on the same page, so you didn’t need to go between tabs for them. In that, they were successful, since they are on the same page now. But why they needed to do a complete redesign of the layout, icons, and interface I have no idea. Especially when the new one is so unoptimized and has so much empty space. I can’t imagine they couldn’t have kept the old system and just put the upgrades tab on a different row under the ammo and consumables, but obviously there was an issue that meant the only way to do it was a complete redesign. 

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,746 posts
7,136 battles

While not a big deal to me, I do not have a problem with the new setup.  What I do love is the ability to select which key activates the consumable. I don't know if that made the new page necessary. 

[KEGEL]
Members
281 posts
12,743 battles

With OP,  hate the equipment/upgrade screen.

As someone mentioned earlier, all ship customisation (sigs, Camo, flags, consumables, equipment & upgrades) should all be on same screen.

Members
5 posts
1,732 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

You should have seen the threads saying that exact same thing when it was first released. A lot of people didn’t like it, and some were quite vocal about it. 

When the changes were announced, WG had said the reason for the redesign was to be able to have both the consumables and upgrades tabs on the same page, so you didn’t need to go between tabs for them. In that, they were successful, since they are on the same page now. But why they needed to do a complete redesign of the layout, icons, and interface I have no idea. Especially when the new one is so unoptimized and has so much empty space. I can’t imagine they couldn’t have kept the old system and just put the upgrades tab on a different row under the ammo and consumables, but obviously there was an issue that meant the only way to do it was a complete redesign. 

My only disagreement with this statement is that there was an issue that meant it was the only way to do the redesign. On that screen, you notice that she ship is still live in the background only blurred out by this overlay. Whatever changes are made are still updated in real-time. I'm leaning towards this being simply a design idea to expand the space to emphasize the iconography and such. Unfortunately, it makes things worse. Then again, I'm a software engineer, not a game developer so it could be something I know nothing about.

Sign in to follow this