You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

US Battleship Line Split Part 1, Directives.

36 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles

All missions are for all Tier 5 to 10 ships in Co-op, Randoms and Ranked unless otherwise specified.

XP (of all kinds) and credits can be earned in Clan and Operations battles also.

Completed directives and individual missions all give American Tokens toward stuff in the Armory.

The number of days you have to complete each directive is explicitly listed in the game client.

Once the next directive is unlocked and started, left-over tasks for previous directives continue to be completed in the background. Do the minimum required to unlock/finish each directive.

Event premiums and doubloon-locked early-release ships do not give extra prizes; they only give shortcuts and their purchase is NOT ESSENTIAL.

DIRECTIVE 1: Opened 30 September. Do six of the following to unlock Directive 2 (opens Monday October 5). 

1) Do 900,000 damage to ships OR, in PvP, get 4 achievements.

2) Get 10 flood or fire ribbons.

3) Get 200k spotting damage (i.e. but for your presence, your team-mates would not have been able to see the ship they were shooting at).

4) Get 7 million potential damage.

5) Get 35 torpedo hit or ship-destroyed ribbons.

6) Earn 12,500 base XP in any number of battles OR, in Randoms/Ranked, 2400 base XP in one battle. 

7) Earn 3 million credits before service-cost deductions (Clan battles, ops OK).

8) Get 20 citadel hits, OR in Florida/Minnesota, do 250,000 damage.

DIRECTIVE 2: Opens 5 October. Likely do six of the following to unlock Directive 3.

1) Get 1600 main battery OR 1000 secondary battery hits (mutually exclusive).

2) Get 20 capture or assist-capture ribbons.

3) Get 12 incapacitation or flood ribbons.

4) Do 200,000 damage with SHIP torpedoes OR score 3 achievements in a single battle (Rnd, Rnk).

5) Get 7 achievements (INCLUDING those available in operations), or shoot down 75 aircraft by all means.

6) Earn 150,000 commander XP (including in clan battles or operations).

7) Earn 5 million credits before deductions (incl clan/ops).

8) Get 27 kills in any ship (or 7 kills in Florida/Minnesota).

DIRECTIVE 3: Opens Monday 12 October. Likely do 6 of the following to unlock Directive 4.

1) IN CRUISERS, do 1.5 million damage.

2) Get 18 ship kills.

3) Either get 250,000 spotting damage OR inflict 75,000 damage by fires.

4) In DESTROYERS, do 1.2 million damage.

5) In BATTLESHIPS OR CARRIERS do 2.4 million damage OR get 220 secondary-battery hits in a single random battle. 

6) Earn 120,000 ship XP OR, in a single Random battle, earn 2600 base XP.

7) Earn 8 million credits before deductions (incl clan/ops).

8) Accumulate 25 million Potential Damage OR, in Florida/Minnesota, get 2 achievements.

DIRECTIVE 4: Opens Monday 19 October - IIRC this one runs for SIX DAYS ONLY, i.e. everything finishes on the 25th.

Do (likely) 6 of the following to get T8 BB Kansas, a port slot for it, and a 3 point commander. ETA: HAPA SAYS IT IS FIVE OF THE FOLLOWING: 

1) In CRUISERS, accumulate 20 million potential damage OR do 50,000 damage IN ONE BATTLE with cruiser torpedoes.

2) In BATTLESHIPS, get 1600 ribbons of all kinds OR, in CARRIERS get 160 fire, flood or incapacitation ribbons (mutually exclusive).

3) Deal 500,000 damage to ships.

4) Earn 25 cap defence ribbons in any ship other than CV, OR do 220K damage in 1 random battle. 

5) In DESTROYERS, get 85 spotting or cap or cap assist ribbons.

6) Finish in the top 5 of your team in 15 battles.

7) Earn 40,000 base XP (clan, operations OK).

8) Do 500,000 damage in Kansas, Minnesota, Florida. (Note that if you finish 6 5 of the other 7 missions, you will have the Kansas and can use her for this.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PHD]
Members
244 posts
7,451 battles
18 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

are there any perks from the split?

If I were interested in them, I would wait for them to become available in the tech tree, like the Russian cruisers and German aircraft carriers.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
46 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

are there any perks from the split?

No. Perks only happen when ships get moved back and forth between trees and/or change tiers (e.g. US cruisers). Nothing like that is happening here.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No. Perks only happen when ships get moved back and forth between trees and/or change tiers (e.g. US cruisers). Nothing like that is happening here.

Yeah the main perk here is just saving all the credits you would spend on the Kansas. 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
11 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yeah the main perk here is just saving all the credits you would spend on the Kansas. 

Not to mention the XP you won't have to grind on B hull, GFCS, etc.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Indeed. So if a player is remotely interested in the US BB split. Doing the directives is certainly worth it and fun.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Indeed. So if a player is remotely interested in the US BB split. Doing the directives is certainly worth it and fun.

And if US BB play thoroughly bores the F out of them, they can always sell the Kansas for a nice credit shot (and a free port slot).

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And if US BB play thoroughly bores the F out of them, they can always sell the Kansas for a nice credit shot (and a free port slot).

LOL good point that did not even occur to me..... sell a ship? 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

LOL good point that did not even occur to me..... sell a ship? 

Some people will do that. In the era of snowflakes, particularly when there is a history of T8 giving steel, I think it is a stupid move; I would play anything once a year if it were for steel.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,284 posts
26,676 battles

Between the dockyard event and the Epoch campaign I didn't even look at the early access tasks.  Turns out that I finished 7 of them without even trying.  Next week's tasks are more background events, while I finish up the dockyard. 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
7 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Between the dockyard event and the Epoch campaign I didn't even look at the early access tasks.  Turns out that I finished 7 of them without even trying.  Next week's tasks are more background events, while I finish up the dockyard. 

Yeah, the first two US BB directives are a good spread of general purpose stuff to go alongside the very nation- and type-specific requirements of the remaining Anchorage directives. After the end of NEXT week (i.e. BB Directive 2), it starts to get more specific because they figure (not unreasonably IMHO) that a significant chunk of their playerbase has got the Anchorage and can afford to narrow down their ship choices for USBB.

I currently have four tasks done for Anchorage D5, will almost certainly finish off the 1200 BB main battery hits tonight, and am on track to finish the 50K BXP before Directive 6 unlocks on Monday. Then I will sit down with lists of all three of Anchorage D6, US BB D2 and any specific Five Epochs missions I can take on, and see which ships fit most efficiently into doing all three. I know I can always sacrifice Five Epochs progress for a little while if a ship below T8 turns out to be best for the job. 

[CO-OP]
Members
2,284 posts
26,676 battles
37 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, the first two US BB directives are a good spread of general purpose stuff to go alongside the very nation- and type-specific requirements of the remaining Anchorage directives. After the end of NEXT week (i.e. BB Directive 2), it starts to get more specific because they figure (not unreasonably IMHO) that a significant chunk of their playerbase has got the Anchorage and can afford to narrow down their ship choices for USBB.

I currently have four tasks done for Anchorage D5, will almost certainly finish off the 1200 BB main battery hits tonight, and am on track to finish the 50K BXP before Directive 6 unlocks on Monday. Then I will sit down with lists of all three of Anchorage D6, US BB D2 and any specific Five Epochs missions I can take on, and see which ships fit most efficiently into doing all three. I know I can always sacrifice Five Epochs progress for a little while if a ship below T8 turns out to be best for the job. 

The dockyard missions #6, seem easier to do than this week's.  I'm guessing that with the Epoch campaign, and the early access event, TPTB decided to ease up to let players actually get a chance to accomplish everything within the timeframe allotted.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
18 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I'm guessing that with the Epoch campaign, and the early access event, TPTB decided to ease up to let players actually get a chance to accomplish everything within the timeframe allotted.

Yeah, that happened when they overlapped Odin Dockyard and another event; the other event had general missions that didn't clash with the specific things Odin wanted. They are at least good about that. Let's hope that continues!

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
7 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

I was just grinding bxp (and ecxp), only playing my 19 pt captains the last two days and finished all 8.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles

Yeah, it wasn't that hard. 99% of what I was concentrating on these last few days was US/French battleship main-battery hits for the Dockyard.

Because the torpedo hits mission in this directive was either/or with kills, it wasn't necessary to grab anything that carried torps to finish it. 

My priority over the weekend will be finishing off the Five Epochs campaign. Pretty sure I can get the remaining stars in co-op, then maybe to randoms to grind the last chunk of BXP. I want all eligible tiers available for the directives moving forward, because I picked up the Bismarck Gothic camo mission yesterday, which mandates German ships only, and I don't have enough of those at Tier 8+ not to get bored very quickly.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
23 hours ago, paradat said:

Plus having to grind XP in the Colorado (Yuck).

However, from everything a have seen and read, these new BBs are horrible boring to play so I don't really care if I complete the directives or not.  I guess worst case scenario is I could sell the Kansas for a decent amount of credits since I am struggling in that department right now.  I mean I am like 20-30 million credits short of what I need.  Got 2 tier 10s I am very close to unlocking plus also a tier 9 and tier 7 and only have like 15 million credits.   Guess I will be playing my Tier 8/9 premiums a lot in the near future.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles

Directive 2 so far: main battery hits, kills, torpedo damage, incapacitations/floods and aircraft kills done. All the combat-specific tasks are now finished, so I don't have to take undue risks.

I'll probably tie this directive up with Commander XP and credits, and not have to sweat getting X number of caps before the end of the week.

Along the way, I picked up the 10 kills, twenty top-5 finishes and 1.6 million UK/RU cruiser damage from the final Anchorage directive. Going to focus on 1.5 million US (Benson), EU (Blyskawica) and French (Aigle, maybe Fantasque) DD damage next, then switch back to German ships for the Gothic Camo missions since I can finish the US BB Base XP mission in those. The 3 million damage from the Anchorage directives will be done by the time I finish the DD damage mission (1.6 million + 1.5 million > 3 million ---> completion). 

The credit mission for both directive sets is so close in magnitude that they can be regarded as essentially the same thing (5.4 million vs. 5 million). That shouldn't take me more than a couple of extra days, and that will be the Anchorage event done and off the table. Toss the necessary few thousand doubloons at her, and a shiny new US T8 premium cruiser is mine.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,657 posts
8,673 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Directive 2 so far: main battery hits, kills, torpedo damage, incapacitations/floods and aircraft kills done. All the combat-specific tasks are now finished, so I don't have to take undue risks.

I'll probably tie this directive up with Commander XP and credits, and not have to sweat getting X number of caps before the end of the week.

Along the way, I picked up the 10 kills, twenty top-5 finishes and 1.6 million UK/RU cruiser damage from the final Anchorage directive. Going to focus on 1.5 million US (Benson), EU (Blyskawica) and French (Aigle, maybe Fantasque) DD damage next, then switch back to German ships for the Gothic Camo missions since I can finish the US BB Base XP mission in those. The 3 million damage from the Anchorage directives will be done by the time I finish the DD damage mission (1.6 million + 1.5 million > 3 million ---> completion). 

The credit mission for both directive sets is so close in magnitude that they can be regarded as essentially the same thing (5.4 million vs. 5 million). That shouldn't take me more than a couple of extra days, and that will be the Anchorage event done and off the table. Toss the necessary few thousand doubloons at her, and a shiny new US T8 premium cruiser is mine.

Fortunately the US BB Split directive and the Directive 6 Dockyard missions overlap a good bit. The Directive 6 missions are mostly a matter of picking ships that fit two of the nation/class specifications and then using them to simultaneously do the four generally applicable tasks. They are also all a bit grindy, the sort of thing you basically just play for three to five days and complete close to the same time rather than grinding sequentially.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
1 hour ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Fortunately the US BB Split directive and the Directive 6 Dockyard missions overlap a good bit.

It's becoming a pattern; when two events overlap, the first two directives of the "new" event don't ask anything specific to nation or type and can be completed in synchrony with the last two directives of the "old". With any luck, this will continue in the future.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,667 posts
On 10/1/2020 at 12:06 PM, WM1957 said:

If I were interested in them, I would wait for them to become available in the tech tree, like the Russian cruisers and German aircraft carriers.

Why?   When you get an early release ship, it comes with a free port slot, and more importantly, all modules researched and paid for.    Also, you don't need the xp or credits to buy the ship itself.    That's a huge credit savings there.   And also considerably shortens the grind to the next ship (if you prefer not to use free xp to research all modules immediately)

All you pay for is the credit upgrades.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,667 posts
On 10/1/2020 at 12:48 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not to mention having to grind out the newly nerfed Colorado for a second time... (assuming one is already past it, that it.)    Earn Kansas for playing a bunch of missions- that reward plenty of other loot in the doing-  or grind out a tech tree ship.

Hell, you can even totally skip what by all accounts looks to be a complete stinker, and start with the tier 9, if you play your cards right.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
1 minute ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Not to mention having to grind out the newly nerfed Colorado for a second time...

I ground her for the second time BEFORE the recent changes, but let's face it - you could put a Death Star superlaser onto the Colorado as she was two weeks ago, and some people would still hate it.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu