You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Armada: Florida

18 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,319 posts
14,715 battles

A Captain's hands-on guide to effectively helming the U.S. Tier VII battleship.

Read it on the portal

[HOO]
Beta Testers
17 posts

I'm completely baffled why theres no mention of Florida being available for a direct purahase in the premium shop for $40.

• Cool 4

[WOLFC]
Members
2,210 posts
10,558 battles
13 minutes ago, Newtype said:

I'm completely baffled why theres no mention of Florida being available for a direct purahase in the premium shop for $40.

Because WG wants you to spend boatloads of doubloons on random bundles instead.

It’s unfortunate, because I recently came into possession of 30k doubloons (I used my 30% anniversary coupon) and would have loved to pick up this ship in the armory for doubloons similar to other recent releases (the two soviet tier VIII cruisers, Orkan, Munchen, etc. were all also available in the armory for doubloons at the time of their release). I guess I’ll just wait the four to six months it will take for her to show up as a permanent addition. It’s a shame, because the new camo is nice too.

[5150]
Beta Testers
143 posts
11,560 battles

I would purchase the Florida bundle but I’m not buying unnecessary bundles to get it. Pass. And I can’t believe WG is trying to squeeze us this way.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Testers
17 posts
4 minutes ago, MagicMikeV said:

I would purchase the Florida bundle but I’m not buying unnecessary bundles to get it. Pass. And I can’t believe WG is trying to squeeze us this way.

As mentioned you can buy the USS Florida directly via the Premium Store for $40. You don't need to waste doubloons via the bundles in the Armory if you don't want to.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
112 posts
13,514 battles
26 minutes ago, Newtype said:

As mentioned you can buy the USS Florida directly via the Premium Store for $40. You don't need to waste doubloons via the bundles in the Armory if you don't want to.

Wow, at first I thought you were confused, but scrolling down the list of ships in the premium shop I see the Florida listed.  Wonder why they didn’t make it part of the usual bundles on the “featured” page?

Thanks for pointing this out!

[5150]
Beta Testers
143 posts
11,560 battles

Because they don’t want you to know it’s there so you can spend doubloons buying useless bundles.

Members
247 posts

Glad it's in the premium shop. I think I will buy it. After all I live near Orlando Florida. Although I did wish though they would have come out with BB-30 the original Florida class super Dreadnought.

@Nevermore135 how did you get 30,000 doubloons? My 4th anniversary is coming up this month. And what coupon? I never revived a coupon before.

Edited by JustAnOldDude

[WOLFC]
Members
2,210 posts
10,558 battles
2 hours ago, JustAnOldDude said:

Glad it's in the premium shop. I think I will buy it. After all I live near Orlando Florida. Although I did wish though they would have come out with BB-30 the original Florida class super Dreadnought.

@Nevermore135 how did you get 30,000 doubloons? My 4th anniversary is coming up this month. And what coupon? I never revived a coupon before.

You get a coupon for 30% off any regularly priced item in the Premium Shop on the anniversary of your first battle. It's only good for three days though, so if you blink you'll miss it. I used mine to pick up the 30k doubloon bundle at a discount and did the same thing last year. Should be enough to last me for most of the next year or so.

Edited by Nevermore135

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,025 posts
12,522 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

You get a coupon for 30% off any regularly priced item in the Premium Shop on the anniversary of your first battle. It's only good for three days though, so if you blink you'll miss it. I used mine to pick up the 30k doubloon bundle at a discount and did the same thing last year. Should be enough to last me for most of the next year or so.

Really? Learn something new every day. How do you find out the anniversary date kf your dirst battle?

[WOLFC]
Members
2,210 posts
10,558 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

Really? Learn something new every day. How do you find out the anniversary date kf your dirst battle?

The date you registered your account is visible in your profile on the WoWs website. For most people, the two dates should be the same. You will also get a notification in game and via email whenever a coupon drops.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[LOLZ]
Members
23 posts
15,524 battles

Am I doing the math correctly?  You need 45,000 American Tokens to get the T7 BB Florida, bundle 5 of 8.  Doing all four of the U.S. Battleships 1 missions (w/o the Florida) you can earn 11,900 American Tokens. Not enough to get the 3rd of 8 bundles.   So the first ship in this early access is not obtainable.   Why should we bother again?

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,210 posts
10,558 battles
5 hours ago, ATCC said:

Am I doing the math correctly?  You need 45,000 American Tokens to get the T7 BB Florida, bundle 5 of 8.  Doing all four of the U.S. Battleships 1 missions (w/o the Florida) you can earn 11,900 American Tokens. Not enough to get the 3rd of 8 bundles.   So the first ship in this early access is not obtainable.   Why should we bother again?

Tokens can be obtained from random bundles available for doubloons in the armory, and the patch notes also mentioned there will be additional weekly missions that will award tokens, the exact amount will vary by player based on “your activity during previous updates.” WG is not going to set up an event that gives players a tier VII premium BB for free.

Besides, you can obtain tier VIII Kansas in early access for free at the end of the event by completing Directive 4, and tier IX Minnesota is available in random bundles if you feel like whaling for a tech tree ship.

Edited by Nevermore135

[LOLZ]
Members
23 posts
15,524 battles
20 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

( . . .)  Besides, you can obtain tier VIII Kansas in early access for free at the end of the event by completing Directive 4, and tier IX Minnesota is available in random bundles if you feel like whaling for a tech tree ship.

Incorrect statement Lieutenant.  The last mission in Directive 4 " Cause 5000 000 HP of damage to ships" can only be completed by the Florida, Minnesota or Kansas U.S. BBs  So without buying something there is no free ship.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,210 posts
10,558 battles
2 hours ago, ATCC said:

Incorrect statement Lieutenant.  The last mission in Directive 4 " Cause 5000 000 HP of damage to ships" can only be completed by the Florida, Minnesota or Kansas U.S. BBs  So without buying something there is no free ship.

When has the completion of a directive ever required the completion of all the missions? I’ll answer that for you - never. Five or six is the norm, as was the case for Directive 1, so there is absolutely no reason to suspect this last mission (the eighth) is a requirement to complete Directive 4. The only thing you gain from completing all the missions is the extra rewards (in this case tokens).

In fact, WG is being a bit more generous with this batch of directives. In the past there has typically been one mission from each directive that could only be completed with either premium ships (often new ones) or high tier early access ships. This time around, with the exception of the mission you quoted above, the missions that require Florida or Minnesota are one of two options for a specific mission (albeit an easier one). And since the final mission of Directive 4 allows the use of Kansas, that mission is also able to be completed for free (and isn’t even that difficult).

Edited by Nevermore135

[KOTSB]
Members
207 posts
10,778 battles

Waiting for an offer for doubloons I already have. I want it. Just want to use my doubloons. Not in a mood for fresh cash infusion.