Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

The Mighty Jingles...

15 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,456 posts

I was reluctant to peruse this "reward" for one very minor, but to me, annoying habit Jingles has, and its evident in his videos ... his laugh.

Seriously, that alone was preventing me from going for it... but like a glutton for punishment, and wanting something for free, albeit a little effort was required... I went for it.

I sailed the Thunderer in match after match in Co-Op till I won him...

So, removed Dasha from the Cossack and stuck him in that... just to see what it was like. The down side is Dasha is experienced (get your minds out of the gutter!) and Jingles was a mere THREE pointer....

All went well, no sign of that annoying laugh.... but then....

"Submarine detected on the surface, sir...." or some such silly comment like that.

Either you keep it real, or you don't..... calling a surface ship a submarine in real life would probably get you kicked out of the Navy or at least getting you fitted out for glasses....

Anyhow.... that mistake cost Jingles his job.... demoted BACK to the reserve till such time as I obtain another Brit ship to plonk him into... A 3 pointer is slightly better than a 1 pointer, I suppose.

Thanks for the opportunity to own Jingles, WoWs, even with the silly "Sub" remark. What WERE you thinking? Begs the question, what happens when Subs are put in the game, will that "bug" be fixed or will ALL ships he spots be called "Subs" ...

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
4,748 posts
12,813 battles

Except it’s not a bug, his captain intentionally misidentifies every ship in game (both ship type and allied or enemy). In his videos he often calls ships by the names of other ships and WG incorporated that into his captain. 

• Cool 1

Members
7 posts
4,076 battles

kiwi1960 really? thats the point, its Jingles. He always makes a mistake or some goofy [edited]thing. thats his MO. you take this game wayyyyy to seriously if you are gonna rant about something that's designed to be humorous in the first place. Its not even like a full blown combat sim, its an arcade style game. lighten up man. Lifes to short to be so uptight.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,214 posts
17,170 battles

I think Kiwi is a mastermind when it comes to trolling. No one has to be that bad of a oblivious Jingles fan.

[LOU1]
Members
4,228 posts
12,519 battles

In fact, the release of the Commander was delayed because there weren't enough errors.  I believe the voiceover was recorded again to "fix" that.

• Funny 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,456 posts
2 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Except it’s not a bug, his captain intentionally misidentifies every ship in game (both ship type and allied or enemy). In his videos he often calls ships by the names of other ships and WG incorporated that into his captain. 

That makers sense then....

2 hours ago, WarDawg01 said:

kiwi1960 really? thats the point, its Jingles. He always makes a mistake or some goofy [edited]thing. thats his MO. you take this game wayyyyy to seriously if you are gonna rant about something that's designed to be humorous in the first place. Its not even like a full blown combat sim, its an arcade style game. lighten up man. Lifes to short to be so uptight.

Again, that makes sense. I'm glad (so far) that there is no sign of that annoying laugh, if not for that, I'd probably have watched more of his videos and known that fact. Seriously, its that annoying.

1 hour ago, Rolkatsuki said:

I think Kiwi is a mastermind when it comes to trolling. No one has to be that bad of a oblivious Jingles fan.

Well, troll, I was one that didn't. Then again, we are not all as talented as you.

19 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

In fact, the release of the Commander was delayed because there weren't enough errors.  I believe the voiceover was recorded again to "fix" that.

I did wonder where he got to... I was expecting him to be sold in the armory for coal or some such.

I will say this about the Captain Mighty Jingles... he makes a change from the stock standard... even IF my Cappy Cap was worth a laugh or two....

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,777 posts
10,590 battles
2 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Jingles making mistakes....NO WAY!!!!

4gyunn.jpg

[WPORT]
Members
7,130 posts
12,107 battles
17 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

4gyunn.jpg

:cap_look::Smile_teethhappy::cap_like:

[WPORT]
Members
7,130 posts
12,107 battles
5 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

I was reluctant to peruse this "reward" for one very minor, but to me, annoying habit Jingles has, and its evident in his videos ... his laugh.

Seriously, that alone was preventing me from going for it... but like a glutton for punishment, and wanting something for free, albeit a little effort was required... I went for it.

So, removed Dasha from the Cossack and stuck him in that... just to see what it was like. The down side is Dasha is experienced (get your minds out of the gutter!) and Jingles was a mere THREE pointer....

"Submarine detected on the surface, sir...." or some such silly comment like that.

Either you keep it real, or you don't..... calling a surface ship a submarine in real life would probably get you kicked out of the Navy or at least getting you fitted out for glasses....

Anyhow.... that mistake cost Jingles his job.... demoted BACK to the reserve till such time as I obtain another Brit ship to plonk him into... A 3 pointer is slightly better than a 1 pointer, I suppose.

Thanks for the opportunity to own Jingles, WoWs, even with the silly "Sub" remark. What WERE you thinking? Begs the question, what happens when Subs are put in the game, will that "bug" be fixed or will ALL ships he spots be called "Subs" ...

5 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The errors that Jingles makes are not a "bug".  They're a "feature", and an intended part of his performance, in homage to the numerous times he has mis-identified ships during his youtube videos.

• Cool 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,334 battles
5 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

He has yet to make the "tits on a fish" comment,  but I haven't taken him into Randoms yet . At least you still have all your Dasha captains. 😏😂

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[SALVO]
Members
25,815 posts
28,106 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

4gyunn.jpg

A WG/admin/dev doing memes?  What is the world coming to? :cap_fainting:

• Funny 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,456 posts
2 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

He has yet to make the "tits on a fish" comment,  but I haven't taken him into Randoms yet . At least you still have all your Dasha captains. 😏😂

Only the one "Dasha", thank goodness. Jingles getting the ships wrong on purpose does throw him into a whole new light, I suppose. As I said, or implied, I stopped watching his videos because of that laugh, so that wasn't known to me. I don't have anything against the guy as such, just that... laugh. Given "Cap" and "Dasha", I could be persuaded to stick him in a ship and drive him every now and then... at least he speaks "English".

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Funny 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,334 battles

There is a reason he is called mighty, on account he can be mighty funny.

However, Rita has some of the most interesting puns and I do mean funny interesting.

I urge some of you to check out her streams if only to get a good laugh at the double entendres she makes.

She makes Roger Moore seem tame in comparison.

I only caught one stream last year and I lost it laughing so hard. I spilled my beverage.

I believe it's Rita gamer. But I am not sure. She does Tanks mostly, but she will play with botes.

I don't know if tanks has her as a Commander, but it seems a great idea if they don't. 

• Cool 1

Members
18 posts
6,374 battles

I just got Jingles and stuck him on my Lion.

First fight, I kill a DD and he reports that I sank an allied battleship. Oh, Jingles...

And I did appreciate his "looks like we might win this thing. Try not to screw it up" or something like that.

I blew my entire stockpiled Elite XP to power him up, and I think I'll be putting some effort into making him my new high-point British commander.

Sign in to follow this