You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hukom

0.9.9 changes on CVs

0.9.9 changes on Aircraft Carriers  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do the recent "changes" on CVs make the game experience better for you?

• Yes, it makes playing World of Warships great again.
    • No, it nerfs CVs and does not provide balance.
    • Maybe.

71 comments in this topic

[FRR]
Members
820 posts

I'm seeing posts that show there are changes to aircraft carriers in Update 0.9.9. 

What do you feel about this? 

Does it bring balance to the game?

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,852 posts
17,456 battles

I would say the latest nerfs are managements nod toward the continued complaints about CV’s. 

Instead of removing them, I think they will continue to be nerfed till they are not as profitable to play. Kind of like the Khab. There will be a cult following but will become rarely played. 

The announcement of the future air to surface spotting nerf (if AA is left off) was what helped me to decide on getting the Bourgogne instead of waiting for the FDR. Probably won’t get the FDR and opt for the Somers for the next steel ship acquisition.

• Cool 2

[TDG]
Members
52 posts
4,102 battles

It does nothing I just got Nuked by the T10 German CV in my DM at 95% health like guys They're BROKEN! We keep saying it Devs call in a new team or hire someone new who can just fix the damn things. I try not to get Irrate and usually don't but the CV's just completely break the balance of the game only great players should get 100K plus in T10 CV's, ok players should get around 65 to 80K not 40K on 1 ship in 1 strike.

Edited by KahlDragonborn
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 4

[KSC]
Members
850 posts
11,446 battles
43 minutes ago, KahlDragonborn said:

It does nothing I just got Nuked by the T10 German CV in my DM at 95% health like guys They're BROKEN! We keep saying it Devs call in a new team or hire someone new who can just fix the damn things. I try not to get Irrate and usually don't but the CV's just completely break the balance of the game only great players should get 100K plus in T10 CV's, ok players should get around 65 to 80K not 40K on 1 ship in 1 strike.

Not to have a long discussion, but no CV is able of doing 40k damage in a single strike (outside of ramming someone with their hull).

Most damage, MvR or otherwise, tops out around 27k from triple bomb citadel hits, or from strike a very exposed citadel with AP rockets that have blessed RNG disperson.

• Cool 2

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,838 posts
13,068 battles
46 minutes ago, KahlDragonborn said:

Were you sitting stationary full broadside to a salvo of AP rockets? Not even getting into CVs not being able to do that much damage in one strike save for a detonation.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,840 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

Not to have a long discussion, but no CV is able of doing 40k damage in a single strike (outside of ramming someone with their hull).

Most damage, MvR or otherwise, tops out around 27k from triple bomb citadel hits, or from strike a very exposed citadel with AP rockets that have blessed RNG disperson.

While not quite 40k, I feel it's worth mentioning that 12 hits for 3,100 damage from the rockets does 37,200. Which, scarily enough, is about what Enterprise's old max AP bomb damage was pre-nerf.

Not that it's plausible to pull off, but it's at least worth mentioning. I've never even gotten all 6 of Enterprise's bombs to cit, so I don't even want to imagine how rare a 12 cit hit would be... that said, what's more likely is someone sniped the Des the CV was spotting at the same moment as the CV kicked his remaining tooth in. Happens surprisingly often when island campers get spotted that way.

[KSC]
Members
850 posts
11,446 battles
11 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

While not quite 40k, I feel it's worth mentioning that 12 hits for 3,100 damage from the rockets does 37,200. Which, scarily enough, is about what Enterprise's old max AP bomb damage was pre-nerf.

Not that it's plausible to pull off, but it's at least worth mentioning. I've never even gotten all 6 of Enterprise's bombs to cit, so I don't even want to imagine how rare a 12 cit hit would be... that said, what's more likely is someone sniped the Des the CV was spotting at the same moment as the CV kicked his remaining tooth in. Happens surprisingly often when island campers get spotted that way.

It would have to be twelve citadels, so not just hits but well lined hits.

I have found that having some dispersion actually pushes the rockets a bit more center and resulting in stronger strikes, but my consistent "best" is around 26.8k.  This being only when the dispersion is blessed, and I'm striking a cruiser with a large, above-water citadel.

Edited by Ahskance

Members
721 posts

I'd love to know what happened at Leesta to initiate these changes.  Did someone sensible decide to try playing the game as the vanilla players do?  Did the person pushing this broken and idiodic mechanic into the game get re-assigned and replaced by someone level-headed and circumspect?   

They can save themselves alot of effort by simply getting them out of PvP games and leaving them for CO-OP, Scenarios, & Training modes only.  Be done with it.  Admit the mistake and move on.

• Cool 4

Members
510 posts
209 battles
4 hours ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

I'm seeing posts that show there are changes to aircraft carriers in Update 0.9.9. 

What do you feel about this? 

Does it bring balance to the game?

This one?

image.png.331a9e45d79dd2ae7e0a9fceeac36f7c.png

Not sure what you are typing about.

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles
6 hours ago, BanCVComplainers said:

Negative

Face it. I would say over half the playerbase doesn’t like the CV class. So get use to it.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles
4 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Were you sitting stationary full broadside to a salvo of AP rockets? Not even getting into CVs not being able to do that much damage in one strike save for a detonation.

You know how easy it is for planes to get on the broadside of a ship? It’s not like surface fighting where ships have to position for a good shot. Y’all just fly around like a bunch of annoying flys going wherever you want and attack when and how you want. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[ZR]
Beta Testers
350 posts
9,884 battles

This might be the single greatest patch WG has done since the removal of stealth fire! 

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1

Beta Testers
968 posts
4,178 battles
2 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

You know how easy it is for planes to get on the broadside of a ship? It’s not like surface fighting where ships have to position for a good shot. Y’all just fly around like a bunch of annoying flys going wherever you want and attack when and how you want. 

Also CV players with any experience will try to work with at least the presence of the surface ships so that a broadside attack is 90 degrees from the bearing to friendly ships.

Face broadside to the Stalingrad, Iowa and Yamato to get away from planes? Sure do that.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,413 posts
19,903 battles
4 hours ago, Laser_Beam said:

This one?

image.png.331a9e45d79dd2ae7e0a9fceeac36f7c.png

Not sure what you are typing about.

No, there was a stealth nerf(s) to CVS that gets rid of tapping speed boost to get near perma speed boost, and planes returning to the CV after payload has been dropped can now be shot down by AA for a longer period of time before reaching immunity

[CLUMP]
Members
1,202 posts
1,505 battles
10 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Delete CV

Delete DD 

See I can do it also :Smile_popcorn: 

9 hours ago, KahlDragonborn said:

Sounds like exaggeration you got a replay  :Smile_hiding: 

8 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Just took out the Hakuryu, the plane engine sounds at idle are gone.

Yeah the sounds at the begin of the match are not there :Smile_amazed:

As for these nerfs I don't agree :Smile_sceptic: CV players should speak with there wallets if this trend continues CV will end up just like arty in world of tanks nerf into oblivion :Smile_sad: Wargaming already did to arty so they are capable of doing to CV also you have been warned :fish_panic:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Meh 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
14,715 battles

Commanders!
With the release of Update 0.9.9 you might have noticed some changes to aircraft carriers’ squadrons and AA fire. We are currently investigating this issue. Please, stay tuned for further details from us.
Sorry for the possible inconvenience. 
Good luck and fair seas!

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,104 posts
6,077 battles

So here are the nurfs:

Bombers are MUCH more RNG troll for some odd reason. Erich was laser accurate, now the bombers are going all over the place. When you drop weapons on a target, the UI is basically stuck on that plane making it hard for you to avoid and get out of flak with the rest of your strike....this is the most annoying feature. 

I believe there were stealth nurfs for sure. 

[SBS]
Members
6,127 posts
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:

No, there was a stealth nerf(s) to CVS that gets rid of tapping speed boost to get near perma speed boost, and planes returning to the CV after payload has been dropped can now be shot down by AA for a longer period of time before reaching immunity

The tapping boost is an exploit.  If it was removed I'd say that's good thing.  I can't see the intent behind the boost mechanic being intended to allow planes to run at a boosted speed almost indefinitely.

[DOG]
Members
1,221 posts
12,686 battles
10 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

The announcement of the future air to surface spotting nerf (if AA is left off) was what helped me to decide on getting the Bourgogne instead of waiting for the FDR. Probably won’t get the FDR and opt for the Somers for the next steel ship acquisition.

I've got both the Somers and the Bourgogne, and I can verify that they are both hellafun to play.  I usually play DDs in ranked, because I'm better with them than other classes.  But I switched to Bourgogne yesterday and started winning more than I lost.  I score more citadel hits with that ship than any other, probably because the guns reload fast, and then reload at ludicrous speed  with the reload booster.  So I get more opportunities to catch people broadside.

Members
227 posts
1,174 battles

All of these issues can also be explained by Wargaming increasing compute power - or, changing priority of what is being processed.

I'm new to the game, but a lot of these issues sound like exploits of perceived game mechanics.  Fixing exploits would not require documentation.