Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Graphics are worse now?

3 comments in this topic

[NH]
Members
0 posts

Im not trying to be knock on anyone's work here but I know they made some graphical changes that were supposed to look better. For me they look worse. I wanted to point this out should it be a bug.

Alright check out the red circle here. It appears there is just a big circle traveling around the camera where you see the white caps of the waves. Anything outside of that circle has less detail and no caps as before. Off in the distance the blue lines show where the lighting is shining on the water. It revels what seems like a plain surface almost devoid of anything. I get it its water but wow its smooth and flat.

shot-20_09.30_20_21.50-0890.thumb.jpg.446ca92f917669a10dc77d89028b7acb.jpg

To further the plain flat surfaces blow up this one to full size. Its very apparent on my monitor but those at lower resolutions may have a time unless you zoom. The outside box shows the big area of again flat smooth surface. Look inside at the second box. Its so devoid of detail that you can actually see the repeating patterns of where the water is just the same square copy pasted over again since there is nothing to hide it. The whole thing looks blurry.

shot-20_09.30_20_21.40-0181.thumb.jpg.8a14d95f90abcf24f4a6990f443f6924.jpg

Edited by BanCVComplainers

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,717 posts
5,363 battles

They tried to make changes to graphics for medium to lower powered computers. Its not a good quality work imho.

They also removed anything older than say nvidia 400 series from the game. Those would have to upgrade to 550's or better. Im actually running one now in a different computer thats 15 years old. There is a 680GTX spare waiting when that burns out.

They should return the graphics to where they were prepatch. In a sense too much fiddling at the oven ruined the meal in graphics with this update.

[B-Z]
Members
199 posts
23,180 battles

Perspective means that detail gets lost with distance. This is what happens IRL.

If you have only just noticed the repeating pattern of the sea then I don't know what you've been looking at the whole time. If you don't want it too repeat then you'd need a supercomputer to generate that much random ocean.

Sign in to follow this