You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

what has WG done to planes and air dropped torps in this patch

175 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
682 posts
9,865 battles

What has happened to carrier torps after this patch.  The torps seems slower so now we have to adjust the aim forwards and i have torp mod 1 which makes them 5 kts faster, wth wargaming.

the planes are very slow.

and when i drop from lexington  with three torps,   2 close together and one with a huge gap on the others side that a battleship can drive through.  so for a three drop  your only getting 2 hits at the most and usually 1  from a three drop.

What the hell is going on

cant they do it so that the torps are evenly spaced like they used to be  as the planes on the run in are all side by side.  Is that to hard or is this a new testing  your doing to make gameplay balanced cause its not balanced to me.

Also i was dropping before that new line and in a lot of cases the torps dont arm in time.  really  ??

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
895 posts
7,057 battles
7 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I was half [edited]playing the audacious and noticed I was out of planes pretty quickly. Holy crap these are major

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,189 posts
1,495 battles

World of tanks arty been nerfed into oblivion all over again :Smile_sceptic: I might as well just quit CVs now save my self the suffering  of seen another class been destroyed :etc_red_button: if these torp nerfs are correct the Kaga is basically now useless :fish_palm:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 8

[SBS]
Members
6,126 posts
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

... 2 close together and one with a huge gap on the others side that a battleship can drive through......cant they do it so that the torps are evenly spaced....

DDs players: First time?

2nre7u.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

[CLUMP]
Members
1,189 posts
1,495 battles

It seems I may have overreacted actually launching torps seems easier now and more precise DB too :Smile_popcorn:Now for speed the boost I guess I am going to have to be careful :Smile_hiding: I see no change on AA at least in Kaga I don't  :Smile_bajan2:

Edited by LastRemnant

[HOLE]
Members
179 posts
2,169 battles
Just now, LastRemnant said:

World of tanks arty been nerfed into oblivion all over again :Smile_sceptic: I might as well just quit CVs now save my self the suffering  of seen another class been destroyed :etc_red_button: if these torp nerfs are correct the Kaga is basically now useless :fish_palm:

I wonder if WOW will suffer the same loss as WOT with these changes? I remember NA east coast server was around 62,000 and now even with one server US on one server is down to 25,000 online. 

I remember when AW claimed only 6% of the players played Arty  before they removed it from Pubs and now that game is not worth the download space now.

The point is that more people play all ships abroad and then you have a small group that players certain lines and ships who cry about OP ships. Will WG ever learn? It doesn't seem that way.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[HOLE]
Members
179 posts
2,169 battles
Just now, Hookie_Bell said:

CV tears are the sweetest of all.

It will take them awhile to catch up to the amount that you dropped. lol

Edited by motleytanker
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 2

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
682 posts
9,865 battles
6 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

It seems I may have overreacted actually launching torps seems easier now and more precise DB too :Smile_popcorn:Now for speed boost I guess going have to be careful :Smile_hiding:

its easier on tier 4 but after that coping with the aa  and other things its harder, not to mention the torp gap that a battleship can drive through makes you wonder why are they are making it even harder when Battleships after the rework still have the highest damage and never run out of ammunition but you can run out of planes.

its time to give ships limited ammunition and they have to go to rearm points to get more like they did in ranked a while back. that would even up the score

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
13,051 battles

I look forward to the lies WG tells us about why this didn't make it into the patch notes.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,415 posts
15,859 battles

Keep the discussion civil and in line with the forum rules. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[CLUMP]
Members
1,189 posts
1,495 battles
11 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

I wonder if WOW will suffer the same loss as WOT with these changes? I remember NA east coast server was around 62,000 and now even with one server US on one server is down to 25,000 online. 

I remember when AW claimed only 6% of the players played Arty  before they removed it from Pubs and now that game is not worth the download space now.

The point is that more people play all ships abroad and then you have a small group that players certain lines and ships who cry about OP ships. Will WG ever learn? It doesn't seem that way.

I don't even bother anymore with WOT arty been nerfed into the ground clown cars zipping through the map wheels capable of absorbing stupid amounts of damage :Smile_sceptic: Why bother with it :Smile_teethhappy:  

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,839 battles

Only thing I noticed was greater than normal dispersion on torp drops...

...which paradoxically makes it easier to land hits on DDs...

:Smile_trollface:

Its hard to dodge random...

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[_I_]
Members
290 posts
3 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

It will take them awhile to catch up to the amount that you dropped. lol

My only tears are those of laughter. Like right now, for instance. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 5
  • Meh 3

[CLUMP]
Members
1,189 posts
1,495 battles
8 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

its easier on tier 4 but after that coping with the aa  and other things its harder, not to mention the torp gap that a battleship can drive through makes you wonder why are they are making it even harder when Battleships after the rework still have the highest damage and never run out of ammunition but you can run out of planes.

Well I try this on the Kaga just now on Coop IJN CVs are a good indicator of how the rest of the CVs will act considering how hard they are to use :Smile_bajan2: I am guessing it's just something to get used too however I got my on wargaming :fish_glass: 

YwDUIaq.gif

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
682 posts
9,865 battles

co-op  AI cv's are a joke, they lauch torp  after they pass a ship

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,283 posts
14,709 battles

So, I'll do some digging but the ONLY thing we did to CVs in this patch were the reticles listed in the patch notes.

I played a battle in each tier X CV today, and did not note a performance change to the aircraft or ordinance, so I am not sure where this is coming from.

I WILL say the adjustments to the reticles (visual changes only) do make it look like the aiming system has changed, but I have found it to be more functional.
I will however, bring up the concern and get back to you.

-Hapa

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,839 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

So, I'll do some digging but the ONLY thing we did to CVs in this patch were the reticles listed in the patch notes.

I played a battle in each tier X CV today, and did not note a performance change to the aircraft or ordinance, so I am not sure where this is coming from.

I WILL say the adjustments to the reticles (visual changes only) do make it look like the aiming system has changed, but I have found it to be more functional.

-Hapa

Thanks @Hapa_Fodder!

Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles

Sounds like a bug really. Not sure how a reticle change, which I think looks ugly by the way, did all that but when it comes to coding weirder things have happened.  

Did they ever fix the speed of Graf Zeppelin's rocket planes btw?

Edited by Yoshiblue

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,839 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

After a couple more games under my belt...

Torpedo dispersion has DEFINITELY changed. It is more random.

Also, in some battles...but not all...plane regeneration does not seem to be working or is much slower than usual.

I do not find myself losing more planes than usual...but I am deplaned far easier...

...but not in every battle.