You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Co_rin

New CV reticle makes you deplaned

5 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Members
10 posts
2,560 battles

Okay, so to start with, I was recently playing the "skycancer" MvR in ranked earlier before the new patch was released. I pulled some 200+k games and sometimes 60+k since I did teamplay the whole match.

However, after the new patch, not just the reticle has changed, I also have suffered 2 games of sitting in lack of planes. I noticed that all my bombers just die while returning after I do a drop in front of a Kremlin and GK. Note that these two ships couldn't kill all three planes(at most 1 or 2 planes per squad). Note that the planes die when they are attempting to disengage.  And the results is, even though I do my drops carefully, and I barely use my bombers, I still got deplaned eventually. 

My gameplay has always been the same, and at least 1 or 2 planes come back per squadron unless I'm attacking a Wooster.

I'll be putting some screenshots to show the difference of the plane saving. By the way, I have no idea why this is happening.

The following are all from 0.9.9.

1. Bombers

B11.thumb.png.b91c199a07ac79fd11806c1985c70d06.pngB1.thumb.png.2bd57a019c848a9473e15c5e2ccae7f5.png

I saved 4 out of 8 planes. But hey, the only thing I was against, was Gearing + Zao AA. None of them had dfaa, and Zao is a ship with legit no aa. How is it possible to lose 4 in 0.9.8?

2. Rockets

R1.thumb.png.a91fd920e6994da8c2bce2a387a755ff.pngR11.thumb.png.7da240b6ce0ba224b6d4919d2e3bbde5.png

6 planes went in, 0 came back alive. I planned the route of my planes so they only took Zao and Gearing aa when I was engaging. In fact, I remember playing against another same situation where I did 2 rocket drops (9 in total) on a Zao in 0.9.8, and 6 of them came back, even though I lost 3 to continuous aa, the others who dropped payload did not even die to Zao's weak aa.

3. Torps

T1.thumb.png.ce537b95e7c36b4fcb3744a9712160f3.pngT11.thumb.png.5097744abb603fad3bdad238d5e693c6.png

Okay, this is a tougher aa zone. Just to let you know, that the new DD Paulo is not a aa dd. Considering Hindy and Monty aa, I lost all but one plane (I even disengaged manually, or I would lose all).

I have another video of me playing in ranked (everything felt wrong, so I didn't get good dmg nor be effective. 

Here's the link: 

I could have uploaded some pictures of this issue in 0.9.8, but my client can no longer open the previous files.

There are some other videos I can recommend to compare here. (they are all 0.9.8)

The first is from ReimuBakarei, where he played in ranked. In my match, I did engage with more ships which were clumped up, but I still shouldn't have lost that many planes. By the way, he is the No.1 MvR in NA atm.

The second video is from Cableguy, which dominates many CV leaderboards. Just to let you know, the opposite ships in this match had stronger AA than I did in the pictures I shared above.

I am not promoting anyone. I just want to use every piece of media to tell the playerbase what is wrong with the cvs. I can understand wg reworked the reticles (but tbh I really don't like them) to improve the sights of the player, and also make the sight visible in replays, but they did not mention anything about plane hp nor aa, and it ruined my day and sleep as well.

I am a CV main, and I will not be playing any ranked until this bug is fixed.

Hope someone reads this post, thank you if you did.

Corrin

• Confused 3

Members
16 posts
3,691 battles
1 hour ago, Team_Rocket_Grunt said:

I have had similar experiences. How is this not being talked about? Mid to late game I now find myself unable to do anything waiting for planes to regen.

It’s not talked about because a lot of people are happy to see it. Honestly it’s annoying and I’m not sure how they could have fumbled “vIsUaL cHaNgEs” so hard.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,832 battles
1 hour ago, Team_Rocket_Grunt said:

I have had similar experiences. How is this not being talked about? Mid to late game I now find myself unable to do anything waiting for planes to regen.

The forum is quite full of complaints about it.

WG staff have noted that they are aware of the myriad of problems (boost changes, torpedo RNG changes, squadron maneuverability changes, etc.)...

...no answers about why though yet.