You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sgriswold1987

Unable to download updates.

19 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
2,897 battles

My Game Center keeps telling me that it can't detect an internet connection, but clearly I have internet connection because I've been looking into the problem on the internet. I have tried restarting my game center, computer, turning wifi on and off, and resetting my modem/router and have seen no change. Has anyone else seen this problem before? Thanks!

Screenshot (2).png

[FLOTR]
Beta Testers
78 posts
21,292 battles

I pre down loaded last night, then I just jumped on and it said I had to d/l again. I got that error when I tried to d/l and hit the retry and it started. I got to 82% while it was installing but had 8.21 m/b left to d/l then got that error again. Hit retry and it did an integrity check and now it's complete.

[WISCO]
Members
19 posts
4,924 battles

Same problem here, except I'm triying to do a integrity check (since the game broke after update) so seems like there's no way to fix it

P.S gotta love the retarded solution from support "Delete the game you have issues with""

Edited by Merkrestov

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
13,078 battles

Same problem,

Abysmal download speed in single KBs.  Sometimes, like the OP mentioned, download speed goes to "0" and states check internet connection.  Clearly its a WG issue as I am blazing fast with Steam and other platforms.

[WISCO]
Members
19 posts
4,924 battles
32 minutes ago, sgriswold1987 said:

Have y'all done a reinstall or just waiting for a fix from WG?

Waiting lol, a 60GB download using WG install way takes to long to just be the first option

[WORX]
Members
12,063 posts
19,521 battles
4 hours ago, sgriswold1987 said:

My Game Center keeps telling me that it can't detect an internet connection, but clearly I have internet connection because I've been looking into the problem on the internet. I have tried restarting my game center, computer, turning wifi on and off, and resetting my modem/router and have seen no change. Has anyone else seen this problem before? Thanks!

Did you check your firewall settings??? If its a connection issue, WGC wouldn't let you log in to your acct. Its evident you have connection because you've log in to your acct.

Check your firewall connection from any program that may have it... That should clear it.

Members
5 posts
2,897 battles

I'll check it, but it has never been an issue before. It start downloading at 12-15 mbs for about 10% then it just says unable to connect

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,608 battles

I have the same problem, been trying to download update for several days. Thought I had, but it did not take. Now starts download very slow, then says connection lost. My internet is fine, is WG having a server issue? This is getting old, makes me wonder why I bother with this game. Full of bugs that rarely get fixed and other issues.

[WORX]
Members
12,063 posts
19,521 battles
14 minutes ago, sgriswold1987 said:

I'll check it, but it has never been an issue before. It start downloading at 12-15 mbs for about 10% then it just says unable to connect

Visually as I never seen your system before... It does look like a firewall issue... Someone reported this earlier, the only fix he found was to reset off and on his firewall settings.

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,608 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Visually as I never seen your system before... It does look like a firewall issue... Someone reported this earlier, the only fix he found was to reset off and on his firewall settings.

My firewall is turned off? No anti virus etc. Only use that computer for this game, nothing else. Not email, forums, or other apps.

[WORX]
Members
12,063 posts
19,521 battles
33 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Now starts download very slow, then says connection lost. My internet is fine, is WG having a server issue?

Nope, WG dont have servers to which to DL the patch in the first place...

I recommend to double check your connection settings in WGC... The Patch was only available today (6AM Est.), IF you did a advance DL of the patch, it was available since Friday.  It should've DL by now because its 4 days to Wensday.

If you're able to connect to websites and not DL in WGC... I am confident the issue is located in you connection settings in WGC.

Edited by Navalpride33

[-TRM-]
Members
21 posts
1,314 battles
3 hours ago, Moto24 said:

I pre down loaded last night, then I just jumped on and it said I had to d/l again. I got that error when I tried to d/l and hit the retry and it started. I got to 82% while it was installing but had 8.21 m/b left to d/l then got that error again. Hit retry and it did an integrity check and now it's complete.

I'm having the same issue, it is stopped at 8.31 MB, where do you go to retry?

[WORX]
Members
12,063 posts
19,521 battles
2 minutes ago, MrTurtle49 said:

I'm having the same issue, it is stopped at 8.31 MB, where do you go to retry?

There should be a "II" icon to the right of the DL task indicator of the HUD. 

[FLOTR]
Beta Testers
78 posts
21,292 battles

There's a button in the bottom right corner that says RETRY. I had the exact same thing, after I hit retry it started an integrity check and it worked it was good.

[-TRM-]
Members
21 posts
1,314 battles
29 minutes ago, Moto24 said:

There's a button in the bottom right corner that says RETRY. I had the exact same thing, after I hit retry it started an integrity check and it worked it was good.

Thanks!

[WISCO]
Members
19 posts
4,924 battles
10 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Did you check your firewall settings??? If its a connection issue, WGC wouldn't let you log in to your acct. Its evident you have connection because you've log in to your acct.

Check your firewall connection from any program that may have it... That should clear it.

Dont want to be rude with you but, did you really think the fuxxxx firewall is the problem after a mere game update, when for obvius reasons is a problem made from wg side?

[WORX]
Members
12,063 posts
19,521 battles
5 hours ago, Merkrestov said:

Dont want to be rude with you but, did you really think the fuxxxx firewall is the problem after a mere game update, when for obvius reasons is a problem made from wg side?

From a Statistics POV... You failed to add any evidence to suggest its a WG side issue.. Known issues so far on WG side that affects everyone

• The "stuttering" issue
  • CV nerfs or reduction is performance.

With literally thousands of players already able to DL and enjoy the game... Firewall issues does prevent you from DL a new patch.. It was reported earlier from other players..

I report back the solution they did to fix the problem..

What is obvious to me is what I can see or prove... I can't recommend a solution just out of conjecture or hearsay... 

In the OP of the thread situation its 2 things...

• Badly configured connection in WGC settings OR
  • Firewall somewhere is preventing the DL.

If its something new... Cool, but I doubt it, again because of the evidence presented.

To say at this point, its a WG issue... Sorry man, I am critical of WG... The OP's issue as presented is not the liability of WG. Not enough visual evidence to convict/point the finger at them for this issue based on what I noted above.

Here in the forums, we try to tell people how to fix basic problems... This is as basic as they come..

Edited by Navalpride33

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,779 posts
10,635 battles

@sgriswold1987 are you still unable to download the new update?

I ran into this as well the day before but the update was able to run about 2 hours after the server went offline for update 0.9.9.

If you're still having issues, create a WGcheck report and submit it with a Support ticket.

#anchorsaweigh