You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jones_farragut_nimitz

Unable to connect to the update service.

6 comments in this topic

Members
124 posts

All day, when I try to update game in the wargaming game center,  I get the following error message and can not update/play the game. 

"Unable to connect to the update service. Please check your interent connection and try again.  (9004)"

Every other internet app on my PC is working just fine, so I am absolutely positive that it is not a problem with my internet today.  

I even temporarily disabled my firewall and I still get the above error message so I know that it is not my firewall/antivirus program either.

I was able to play the game just fine yesterday before today's update.  Now nothing - can not even update the game.

EDIT:  After further trial and error, It appears that the issue was some sort of a conflict between the new update and my firewall program.   Whatever the problem was, it was not there yesterday before the update.  Everything was fine.  The firewall settings that I had worked just fine with the game prior to today.  After turning my firewall on and off a few more times, the WGC regained connectivity ( at least for now).

Edited by jones_farragut_nimitz
added update

[WORX]
Members
12,046 posts
19,514 battles
15 minutes ago, jones_farragut_nimitz said:

All day, when I try to update game in the wargaming game center,  I get the following error message and can not update/play the game. 

"Unable to connect to the update service. Please check your interent connection and try again.  (9004)"

Every other internet app on my PC is working just fine, so I am absolutely positive that it is not a problem with my internet today.  

I even temporarily disabled my firewall and I still get the above error message so I know that it is not my firewall/antivirus program either.

I was able to play the game just fine yesterday before today's update.  Now nothing - can not even update the game.

This probably means, check your connection settings in WGC... IF you're able to see other programs while trying to DL the patch, its evident to me WGC connection settings are not configured correctly.

Members
124 posts
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

This probably means, check your connection settings in WGC... IF you're able to see other programs while trying to DL the patch, its evident to me WGC connection settings are not configured correctly.

I had the same thought so I reinstalled the WGC.  That did not fix the problem.   

So I tried to reinstall WOWs entirely.  The WGC could not even download the re-install.

BUT about 2 min ago I did another reset of my Firewall and the WOWs reinstall download started to work - for now anyway.   

( If it is a firewall issue not sure why the first firewall reset did not fix it )

[WORX]
Members
12,046 posts
19,514 battles
1 minute ago, jones_farragut_nimitz said:

I had the same thought so I reinstalled the WGC.  That did not fix the problem.   

So I tried to reinstall WOWs entirely.  The WGC could not even download the re-install.

BUT about 2 min ago I did another reset of my Firewall and the WOWs reinstall download started to work - for now anyway.   

( If it is a firewall issue not sure why the first firewall reset did not fix it )

I recommend to disable the firewall or to fix it in the WGC settings options...

If your system can handle running a firewall and playing the game at the same time... Its your choice... I would disable it to use those resources to the game.

Members
124 posts

If I recall correctly, the game developers suggest that you can have your firewall running ( since that is important for general internet safety ) but that you have the game and the WGC set to "Trusted" or the equivalent.   Which is what I had.  And everything worked fine until today's update.  And now ( for the moment )  I am again getting WGC connectivity with firewall on and set to "Trusted."   I just had to turn my firewall on and off a few times for some reason.

But for general internet safety every PC should have a good firewall running.

Edited by jones_farragut_nimitz

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,524 posts
14,832 battles

I had that happen when I fired up my computer but on retry it worked.