You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Z-52 armament

14 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles

I'm looking at my new shiny Z-52 and it seems that she has exactly the same armament as Z-46! Guns and torps are exactly the same except the range--Z-52 shoots a bit further and her torps go extra 0.5km. Generally Z-52 has a bit better AA (which still makes no difference), a bit more HP but a bit worse concealment. So the only real difference is hydro--now I got 6km ships detection that works longer.

IOW Z-52 looks like an inferior gunboat compared to Z-46 because you won't dominate T7 ships anymore but upgrades are quite insignificant (well, except hydro). Is it true or I miss something obvious? I should be missing something, please be gentle in comments )))

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

How do ROF and turret layout compare? 

ROF is the same, no? Turret layout is different indeed; I guess it would be harder to kite away in Z-52 but easier to chase other DDs.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,447 posts
21,547 battles

Got mine yesterday, just for the SC.

it feels outdated

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

Z-52 is a ship balanced entirely around its hydro.  Use it properly and you can bully other destroyers, set up for extended firing-from-smoke sessions, and generally control the flow of battle.  Take away the hydro, or fail to take full advantage of it, and you're left with a thoroughly mediocre ship that doesn't do anything particularly well.

[SALVO]
Members
2,646 posts
6,773 battles
2 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

ROF is the same, no? Turret layout is different indeed; I guess it would be harder to kite away in Z-52 but easier to chase other DDs.

6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

How do ROF and turret layout compare? 

Z52 has  1.05 km  Longer range on the guns.  Z52 has  510 m more range and 2 more knts of speed on torps.

Z52 has 2 front turrets and  1 back Turret  while Z46 has 1 front 2 back. 

Z52 has slighty better AA at 65 dmg per tick. 

Z52  has 400  more HP 

Z52 has worse detection and worse turning circle . 

Z52 has better hydro gaining 1km advantage at a total of 6 km. 

• Cool 1

[TIMT]
Members
1,091 posts
4,437 battles

Apparently it is a somewhat common theme with DDs that the T10 feels more like a sidegrade than pure upgrade. But Z-52 seems kinda powercrept

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
32 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Z52 has  1.05 km  Longer range on the guns.  Z52 has  510 m more range and 2 more knts of speed on torps.

Z52  has 400  more HP 

So that's what I see:

INSIGNIFICANT:

Z52  has 400  more HP 

SIGNIFICANT:

So overall Z-52 should be worse gunboat compared to Z-46 and should be built around hydro.

[SALVO]
Members
2,646 posts
6,773 battles
8 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

So that's what I see:

INSIGNIFICANT:

Z52  has 400  more HP 

SIGNIFICANT:

So overall Z-52 should be worse gunboat compared to Z-46 and should be built around hydro.

I don’t understand how the the Z52 a worse gunboat when it’s clearly a little bit better due to turret arrangement and gun range.  That seems like a conclusion arrived at out of spite .

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
3 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I don’t understand how the the Z52 a worse gunboat when it’s clearly a little bit better due to turret arrangement and gun range.  That seems like a conclusion arrived at out of spite .

Z-52 won't see T7 but DPM remains the same; so worse in this sense (adjusted to tier).

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

I'm looking at my new shiny Z-52 and it seems that she has exactly the same armament as Z-46! Guns and torps are exactly the same except the range--Z-52 shoots a bit further and her torps go extra 0.5km. Generally Z-52 has a bit better AA (which still makes no difference), a bit more HP but a bit worse concealment. So the only real difference is hydro--now I got 6km ships detection that works longer.

IOW Z-52 looks like an inferior gunboat compared to Z-46 because you won't dominate T7 ships anymore but upgrades are quite insignificant (well, except hydro). Is it true or I miss something obvious? I should be missing something, please be gentle in comments )))

You're not correct on the range difference..its over 1 km difference...i set my z52/z35 captain up with AFT so after the AFT its almost to 14.5.. so better range and better hydro...you're still a cap contester mostly with added range to deter BBs from getting closer, i have a few videos on my youtube channel Meta_Man2002 showing the z52/z35/z39

Edited by Meta_Man

[-1]
Members
758 posts
10,602 battles
3 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

You're not correct on the range difference..its over 1 km difference...i set my z52/z35 captain up with AFT so after the AFT its almost to 14.5.. so better range and better hydro...you're still a cap contester mostly with added range to deter BBs from getting closer, i have a few videos on my youtube channel Meta_Man2002 showing the z52/z35/z39

I've played Z-46 like that--full gunboat build; I didn't event take LS and CE and did quite well. I was thinking to build Z-52 the same way but was surprised to notice that Z-52 has the same DPM! So that made me thinking why do I need two almost identical DDs. I was considering to build Z-52 like a torp boat but 10.5km torps do not look very exciting at tier X. That hydro though looks quite promising; basically I'm trying to decide between full gunboat build like my Z-46 or hydro trapper like Loyang.

[KWF]
Members
5,176 posts
6,659 battles

Z-46 is definitely the high point of the line, though imo Z-52 is no slouch either. Especially since KMS DDs got that HE pen buff.

Z-46 has excellent gun angles and is very good in kiting situations due to that. The X turret with very slight angling can also open fire easily. Maneuverability is okay and 5.9km detection is perfectly adequate when most DDs hover at around the 5.8-6km mark. 

The Hydro I'd say is the game changer tier wise, since Z-52 due to higher Hydro range and turret layout can be more aggressive. 

So I'd say Z-46 is a better DD overall, but Z-52 can be superior when it comes to cap control/DD hunting.

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
21 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

I've played Z-46 like that--full gunboat build; I didn't event take LS and CE and did quite well. I was thinking to build Z-52 the same way but was surprised to notice that Z-52 has the same DPM! So that made me thinking why do I need two almost identical DDs. I was considering to build Z-52 like a torp boat but 10.5km torps do not look very exciting at tier X. That hydro though looks quite promising; basically I'm trying to decide between full gunboat build like my Z-46 or hydro trapper like Loyang.

Only you can decide that...i look.at her as a close range hydro to keep cap but without the AFT in the current meta your torps and guns won't reach the camping ships...with AFT I can cap and still farm.from the cap...without it you can't reach them...just my opinion..mileage may vary..good luck....

Edited by Meta_Man
  • Cool 1