You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

Your thoughts on T10 Vermont?

61 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
1,349 posts
23,964 battles

Are you looking forward to get the Vermont?  I imagine HE spammers and DD are very excited to see this floating filet mignon....lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,104 posts
6,077 battles

You say that, but I watched testers ERASE people with accurate gunfire in single salvos. 

Build and play it right, Vermont is evil. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

If it offers anything new gunnery wise, I'll be fine.
Always happen to see a T10 bb that doest have 29.5Knts base speed too.

Am I grinding for it, or will I? Highly unlikely, simply because I don't want to play the lower tier variants. 

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles

Vermont still has a slow reload and equally slow speed.  But 457mm x12 is no laughing matter.

TWELVE.

On a 1.95 Sigma Battleship.  Montana is 1.9 Sigma with 406mm x12 guns.  Conqueror & GK are at 1.8 Sigma with with their 16" guns.

Yamato has 460mm x9 with 2.1 Sigma.

Shikashima has 510mm x6 with 2.1 Sigma.

In the 457mm+ BB Club, the only ship with 12 guns of such size is Vermont.  All others are 8 or 9, with Shikashima stuck at a paltry 6 rifles.

She has big 457mm guns with considerable Overmatch advantages, especially against Cruisers.  She has a high 1.95 Sigma and 12 rifles.  You pay for this with a slow reload, which is pretty reasonable considering the package you get.

Just make the salvos count :Smile_popcorn:

In addition, she got German BB-like 50mm (or so) deck armor that the Tier VIII-IX ships of the new split lack.

I have a lot of misgivings with this Split, but Vermont looks pretty good.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

Members
171 posts
5,766 battles

Lol, you kidding? no HE spammer will want to be within spitting distance of the Vermont. It gets decent sigma with great american dispersion, that combined with 12 guns,  the high arcing shells to lob over islands, and the overmatch potential of the 457s will make this thing a dev strike beast against most cruisers/he spammers.

I doubt half the DDs will be much better, as the Vermont should have a decent torp belt and turn on a dime.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles
2 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Lol, you kidding? no HE spammer will want to be within spitting distance of the Vermont. It gets decent sigma with great american dispersion, that combined with 12 guns,  the high arcing shells to lob over islands, and the overmatch potential of the 457s will make this thing a dev strike beast against most cruisers/he spammers.

I doubt half the DDs will be much better, as the Vermont should have a decent torp belt and turn on a dime.

Any Cruiser player that doesn't respect those 457mm x12 guns is going to get rekt.  Getting shot at by 457mm x6 from Georgia, 8 from Ohio, 9 from Kremlin is one thing, but 12 of those shells is another matter entirely.  Those 12 Freedom Shells are also being backed up by 1.95 Sigma.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,184 posts
26,836 battles
43 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

You say that, but I watched testers ERASE people with accurate gunfire in single salvos. 

Build and play it right, Vermont is evil. 

Ninja’d...

Was going to say; ‘Can I laugh if it erases such arrogant players before it gets much beyond steak tartare levels of cooked?’

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,309 posts
9,944 battles

Vermont also has the 51mm mid section deck so it isn't as vulnerable to HE spam compared to other BBs

[SVF]
Members
1,781 posts
2,335 battles

Eh.  Vermont's actually good in comparson to the mess the T8 and T9 are, yes, even though the lack of speed and glacial reload still don't leave me feeling very impressed by it.  Kansas and Minnesota do not excite at all, and I'm not willing to fork over a 500k or more FXP tax to get Vermont in a couple updates.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,434 posts
12,375 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Vermont still has a slow reload and equally slow speed.  But 457mm x12 is no laughing matter.

TWELVE.

On a 1.95 Sigma Battleship.  Montana is 1.9 Sigma with 406mm x12 guns.  Conqueror & GK are at 1.8 Sigma with with their 16" guns.

Yamato has 460mm x9 with 2.1 Sigma.

Shikashima has 510mm x6 with 2.1 Sigma.

In the 457mm+ BB Club, the only ship with 12 guns of such size is Vermont.  All others are 8 or 9, with Shikashima stuck at a paltry 6 rifles.

She has big 457mm guns with considerable Overmatch advantages, especially against Cruisers.  She has a high 1.95 Sigma and 12 rifles.  You pay for this with a slow reload, which is pretty reasonable considering the package you get.

Just make the salvos count :Smile_popcorn:

In addition, she got German BB-like 50mm (or so) deck armor that the Tier VIII-IX ships of the new split lack.

I have a lot of misgivings with this Split, but Vermont looks pretty good.

12 AMERICAN 457s no less, each shell packing juuuust shy of 16K per cit, of the 3 chunkers that are these new BBs, the only one im dreading to play is Kansas, and thats only because the poor thing has been beaten and left out on the curb to die

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF8]
Members
7,644 posts
6,371 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Any Cruiser player that doesn't respect those 457mm x12 guns is going to get rekt.  Getting shot at by 457mm x6 from Georgia, 8 from Ohio, 9 from Kremlin is one thing, but 12 of those shells is another matter entirely.  Those 12 Freedom Shells are also being backed up by 1.95 Sigma.

Literally showering your enemies with FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

*cue the Team America song* :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles
9 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

12 AMERICAN 457s no less, each shell packing juuuust shy of 16K per cit, of the 3 chunkers that are these new BBs, the only one im dreading to play is Kansas, and thats only because the poor thing has been beaten and left out on the curb to die

Poor Kansas.

DrearyHollowAmericanpainthorse-size_rest

But maybe she will be better once in general population.  We'll see.

3 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Literally showering your enemies with FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

*cue the Team America song* :Smile_trollface:

The thing with USN BB shells is although they tend to have a strong arc, it's because of that arc that lets them get Pens better, IMO.  High velocity, low arcing shells can Overpen, i.e. Roma.  But North Carolina's shells arc up and down, crashing into a target like an underhand thrown ball.

Anyways, I wanted to see just how different Vermont's shells fly compared to Montana's.  It turns out there's very little difference.  If one knew how to handle the 16"/50 guns of Montana and Iowa-class, you already know how Vermont's shells behave in flight.

CEOGY57.jpg

[UEFN]
Members
1,349 posts
23,964 battles

on light cruisers these 457 shells probably would be getting a massive amount of overpen?  the Vermont is going to be another king of sitting far back sniper? lol

[SALVO]
Members
2,704 posts
6,797 battles

I don't know from the encounters I have had so far I am non too impressed by them  but we will see once more are out there. 

[-UCS-]
Members
88 posts
9,108 battles

I still belive this line is a joke, I played against them a number of times in testing and never feared them, infact I ignored them and went on farming dmg from other ships.  They are fat, slow ships and have extremely long reload.  Pick any other big gun BB and its more of a threat.

Members
1,112 posts
4,792 battles
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

on light cruisers these 457 shells probably would be getting a massive amount of overpen?  the Vermont is going to be another king of sitting far back sniper? lol

Nope.

You see, American Battleship gun arcs tend to be amongst the worst of the lot, with the exceptions being the USN 356mm guns, and even there, by only a slim margin. However, that low velocity translates to in-general superior accuracy, which leads to them being able to slam dunk pretty much anything that dares give a broadside, which is why you see North Carolinas, Iowas, and Montanas devstriking a lot more ships that would initially be anticipated. Vermont is no different, only, with 457mm guns, it's going to be a HELL of a lot more nasty thanks to the improved accuracy ( 1.95 Sigma ) and 30mm overmatch. Cruisers won't even want to shoot at this thing, lest they risk being completely obliterated. I mean, who cares about a 40 second reload and 23 knots of speed. Why would it need to chase you when it can just sorta-park, watch you move, aim, and then let the guns do the rest? 

'MURICA, BABY!

-Shrayes

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula
  • Confused 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,789 posts

They should let us build a custom warship in our own configuration using all I mean ALL of the things availible to the game.

The resulting ship builds in battle would truly be fearsome.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
20 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

there is a reason of why WG is giving her out for free.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles
7 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

there is a reason of why WG is giving her out for free.

It's funny WG did that, because some of us already have tons of XP sitting on Colorado and were already set for the line's full release and get Kansas on day 1.  Colorado is an old ship, been in the game when it went Live in 2015.  So it's natural that a bunch have XPs on her.  I have 415k XP sitting on her.  I've reset this Line before.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,434 posts
12,375 battles
18 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

They should let us build a custom warship in our own configuration using all I mean ALL of the things availible to the game.

The resulting ship builds in battle would truly be fearsome.

you want a T4 CV with FDR planes? because thats how you get a T4 CV with FDR planes

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles
29 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

you want a T4 CV with FDR planes? because thats how you get a T4 CV with FDR planes

Hosho with Hakuryu planes with GK Secondaries and Graf Zeppelin secondary accuracy!