You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
spook_1971

Commander Skills Proposed Change

4 comments in this topic

[O_B_G]
Members
191 posts
19,870 battles

I am concerned about the proposed change to Commander Skills from 19 to 21 points. I have approximately 50 - 19 point commanders which is max points available under the current system. With the proposed new system, am i going to have to grind up all 50 of my current 19 point commanders to 21 points??? i have read the proposal carefully in 01.09.2020 08:00 CONCEPTION TEST - ST, CHANGES TO THE COMMANDER SKILLS SYSTEM and there is no mention made in the blog of how the developers plan to compensate or not compensate in this regard. I have spent a significant amount of time grinding my current number of 19 point commanders and will not be very enthused, as i am sure most of the player base, in a similar situation,  will not be...

Edited by spook_1971
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,162 posts
10,522 battles
2 hours ago, spook_1971 said:

White text on light grey background is very difficult to read.

Edit:

Now that I can read the OP...

I’m not surprised at all that there is no compensation - it’s very likely that a major goal of this rework is to address the proliferation of 19 pt captains and EXCP. Veteran players with many 19 pointers aren’t spending doubloons to retrain captains or train new 3-pointers, they’re just using EXCP. We haven’t seen the finalized version of the proposed captain skills, but I would be surprised if a 21 pt captain in the new system is really superior to a 19 pt captain in the current system. The increase in the skill point cap is likely just to increase the needed investment to both reduce ECXP stockpiles as well as slow its accumulation.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

Should people with 18pt commanders recieve 20pt commanders then as compensation too?

• Meh 1

[O_B_G]
Members
191 posts
19,870 battles

18 is NOT maxed out.... 18 is NOT 19, so i would say NO!  if you read my post i only mentioned maxed out 19 point commanders.  I understand if you only have a few 19 points commanders and do not realize the time it takes to achieve  50 maxed out commanders.  Read my picture, do you fall under that?????   But, thanks for taking the time to respond at least i know my post is live and the developers can see it... which was the point

Edited by spook_1971
  • Meh 1