Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainGadriel

Yamato...

3 comments in this topic

[LGION]
Members
24 posts
4,803 battles

Hello all, 

After 1 year without playing I decided to come back to the game, have been playing the game for 1 month.. My goal was to catch up with some lines I had at tier 9/8 and get some of the new ships. After unlocking the Kremlin and Thunderer, I decided to grind the mighty Yamato... I think I build my expectations too high for this ship, I just cant make her work.. Ironically I did well on the Izumo but cant figure out how to do well with Yamato. 

I find Montana, Thunderer and even Kremlin more accurate and consistent than Yamato.. Maybe its just my perspective but every salvo I just land with luck 2 shells, mostly overpens or a random pen. I must admit I got some random devs strikes on cruisers but that was just luck and the other player sailing on a straight line showing full broadside to a Yamato. Anyway my point is I find Yamato really inconsistent, it doesnt have the armor to push, even when angled I receive too much damage, especially from HE so I try to maintain 15km- 18km distance but the consistency is not there  for me.

So after my litlle rant about Yamato,  how do you guys doing with the Yammy? Any tips? Is just me that find her really inconsistent? I really want to hear your opinion and tips if you have some.

Thanks in advance and wish you all a nice day! 

0 posts

The legenday mod really helps tighten up those shot groups. Dont bow tank.  There is just too much he spam and yammy melts in no time.  You need to put yourself in a position where you can quickly reverse behind an island to avod torps or heal up or where you can safely turn to disengage.  If in a cv match, keep moving.  Cvs will destroy a stationary yammy. If there is no risk of dds torping you, you can bully any other bb and all cruisers with your overmatch guns. Just dont try this too early in the game or you will be focused down quickly.  Use your range in the early march.  As the red team thins out, look for places where dds are not and try to push there.  Always take 1v1 fights with enemy bbs umless you are low health.  Yammys big weaknesses are her citadel and fire/flooding.  Protect against those and you should do well. 

And get the legendary mod when you can afford it. Those tight shot groups are really nice. 

[LGION]
Members
24 posts
4,803 battles

Thanks for the tips but my problem is with the lack of consistency of the guns, I guess the legendary mod would help as you said to tighten up those shots.. As I said I find more consistency on my other T10 bbs than in the Yamato that her strength are the guns. For example, when Im using Montana I know what kind of hit I would get, of course if rng trolls me it doenst or even with the kremlin I get more citadel hits or normal pens per salvo at 16km range, and Kremlin dispersion is "bad" at that kind of range, so my question is, its rng trolling me? or someone else feels the Yamato isnt consistent with her salvos?

Sign in to follow this