You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

[EN] 0.9.9 Patch Stream with Kalvothe and Hapa_Fodder

14 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,319 posts
14,720 battles

Now hear this, Now hear this.

Come join @Kalvothe and I on the official World of Warships Twitch Channel tonight from 1700 (5pm Central) to 1900 (7pm Central).

We'll go over patch 0.9.9, we'll answer questions you'll have, show off the new content, chat, have fun and play some shooty botes

www.twitch.tv/worldofwarships

Don't forget to make sure your WG account and your Twitch accounts are linked to get Twitch drops!

That is all.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 4

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,584 posts
21,063 battles

Can you tell us whether the CV boost and AA vulnerability window changes are intended or a bug?

And also I can definitely confirm these change are present today, after playing like 5 minutes of CV.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[VX9]
[VX9]
Beta Testers
2 posts
3,070 battles
43 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Can you tell us whether the CV boost and AA vulnerability window changes are intended or a bug?

And also I can definitely confirm these change are present today, after playing like 5 minutes of CV.

now my Atlanta can be somewhat useful to my team again!!!

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
193 posts
5,640 battles

*sigh* Thank you for waiting an hour into the stream to explain that the Gothic Camo will not be available until tomorrow (October 1st) and that if you want the mission you'll need to watch another stream.

Guess I won't be getting the mission then, 'cuz I ain't watchin' anymore.

[GIR]
Members
116 posts
21,858 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

I watched a CC the other day I think it was  Mr.Gibbins maybe but it was showing and talking about the changes to the speed of the planes. Not for sure how well documented it was but I'm not a main CV player and I've known for a couple days. By the twitch I watched it looks as if they are given DD and break for being beat on by CV and made AA defense a factor again.  BB will be the main focused for CV. Bigger and slower ship anyway,

[MAFIA]
Members
3 posts
2,142 battles
Holding the T10 against T8 airplanes was a suffering, you have to guess what the enemy will do to launch you with the airplanes, if not directly you do not get to do the attack ... 
and see that a single DD takes a whole squadron down without getting ready that gives more anger !! stop nerfying the cv, not everyone knows how to play with them and if each one makes his / her roll in the games ... 
the dd should go in search of the cv and not go around there, letting the cv wear out his teammates ...
I am full CV on my account and the truth is that it bothers me that they take more potential out of the squads

Sorry my English is bad

Members
8 posts
5,976 battles

Got an issue to complain about:

The new aiming system of CV just brings me serious headaches and dizziness.

I just have to stop playing the game after I played CV for about 40 mins to prevent vomiting.

This issue is caused by the dramatic change of the camera position on the squadron.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,522 battles
3 hours ago, BilibiliTV_KnightStorm said:

Got an issue to complain about:

The new aiming system of CV just brings me serious headaches and dizziness.

I just have to stop playing the game after I played CV for about 40 mins to prevent vomiting.

This issue is caused by the dramatic change of the camera position on the squadron.

110% yes. This is especially bad with fighters, as their speed tends to decrease and increase at a more rapid pace. 

After 2 games of having planes wiped from the sky by a [edited]crew member on the deck with a pistol, and the nausea inducing FOV changes when speeding up or slowing down, made it a waste of time. 

Nice work WG, but I'm glad to see that the new loot boxes seem to be bug free, so at least the important crapis working. 

[WG]
4,319 posts
14,720 battles

Commanders!
With the release of Update 0.9.9 you might have noticed some changes to aircraft carriers’ squadrons and AA fire. We are currently investigating this issue. Please, stay tuned for further details from us.
Sorry for the possible inconvenience. 
Good luck and fair seas!

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,522 battles
10 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Commanders!
With the release of Update 0.9.9 you might have noticed some changes to aircraft carriers’ squadrons and AA fire. We are currently investigating this issue. Please, stay tuned for further details from us.
Sorry for the possible inconvenience. 
Good luck and fair seas!

Happa, I get your role is to post what they tell you to post, but FFS, this is really what WG is going with?

So, how exactly does one accidently make multiple changes to how plane aiming, boosting and AA work?   :cap_popcorn:

[WG]
4,319 posts
14,720 battles
1 minute ago, SonicAnatidae said:

Hapa, I get your role is to post what they tell you to post, but FFS, this is really what WG is going with?

So, how exactly does one accidently make multiple changes to how plane aiming, boosting and AA work?   :cap_popcorn:

What? Please read through some of the other threads before responding like this.

We didn't "boost AA."

An issue was discovered, the community showed that issue, we are investigating.

Not EVERYTHING gets caught in PTS. The volume of battles played on live is SIGNIFICANTLY higher, this lets us see things drastically faster.

We don't just "POOF" fix things, our devs have to looks at code, run tests themselves to see it first hand, suggest changes and then it gets rolled out, these things sometimes take time. Considering that the patch is now live on ALL servers, and it's been less than 24 hours I would say this is a pretty FAST turn around for addressing an issue the community has discovered.

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,522 battles
On 10/1/2020 at 9:12 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

What? Please read through some of the other threads before responding like this.

We didn't "boost AA."

An issue was discovered, the community showed that issue, we are investigating.

Not EVERYTHING gets caught in PTS. The volume of battles played on live is SIGNIFICANTLY higher, this lets us see things drastically faster.

We don't just "POOF" fix things, our devs have to looks at code, run tests themselves to see it first hand, suggest changes and then it gets rolled out, these things sometimes take time. Considering that the patch is now live on ALL servers, and it's been less than 24 hours I would say this is a pretty FAST turn around for addressing an issue the community has discovered.

-Hapa

Plane Aiming, as in aiming the reticle, Plane boosting as in using engine boost to accelerate planes, AA affecting planes after they drop. 

Perfect example of why there is an Oxford comma and the confusion that not using one can cause.

I understand that not everything gets caught in testing, but these massive changes were missed?

It's like a pizza leaving the kitchen with zero toppings. How exactly does *that* get missed? lol

It's moot anyway. 

Edited by SonicAnatidae
typo