You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Reaccessing Other Client Instances - ???

6 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts

So I deleted my EU instance yesterday as recommended by WG. And this morning I tried to relink to my EU account on my new "single" client (NA).

SingleClient.thumb.jpg.f456e2b484f58ab41d81cd7fd7129cbd.jpg

It seems that the WCG stills wants to do an install of 36+ gB ... in a separate folder (clien).  What am I missing here?  Or is this just not ready for Prime Time yet?

EU.thumb.jpg.aa42ab37cd4a5385bb402027765b7f7e.jpg

Members
1 post
3,243 battles

I'm having issue access the EU servers as well but it ain't asking me to DL the client again  but just says that the version i have is older then what the server has but i can launch my NA account without issues

[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

EU patches are usually a day after the NA patches.

Yep, that's why I suspect the single instance implementation isn't quite ready for prime time yet .... 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,222 posts
4,766 battles
57 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Yep, that's why I suspect the single instance implementation isn't quite ready for prime time yet .... 

No, that's good.  It means that the NA instance is trying to get at the EU server, which is backlevel.  Wait until tomorrow and I bet it will work fine.

Of course, this means that on every update you lose a day of play on EU...

[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

No, that's good.  It means that the NA instance is trying to get at the EU server, which is backlevel.  Wait until tomorrow and I bet it will work fine.

Of course, this means that on every update you lose a day of play on EU...

Well, I would agree that a safeguard is good ... but if losing a day a month (maybe 2 for those playing RU) is the plan, then I'd say a "single instance" implementation is a fail.

We will have moved backward, not forward, in game access time.  But, I'll withhold any final judgement until the implementation is complete.  It's early yet.