You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Did I miss the announcement about CV tweak?

13 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
1,959 posts
12,598 battles

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems (and the other CV driver I checked with agreed,) that WG altered the aiming of torps & bombs. The torps have a different drop animation too now, which looks much more realistic IMO. Either way, I was surprised to see this - didn't expect it. And the AP bombs seemed MUCH harder to get on target as well. 

Also a BIG change in the way that the AA appears when fired by ships that are smoked up. Seems utterly impossible to figure out where they are now.

I'll be curious how this balances out, I'm glad for the changes but pretty stunned that WG didn't say they were coming. In fairness, I haven't bothered with the PTS in a while, since there is no real return for the "work" there of testing things for WG. But that's another topic. 

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,837 battles
10 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems (and the other CV driver I checked with agreed,) that WG altered the aiming of torps & bombs. The torps have a different drop animation too now, which looks much more realistic IMO. Either way, I was surprised to see this - didn't expect it. And the AP bombs seemed MUCH harder to get on target as well. 

Also a BIG change in the way that the AA appears when fired by ships that are smoked up. Seems utterly impossible to figure out where they are now.

I'll be curious how this balances out, I'm glad for the changes but pretty stunned that WG didn't say they were coming. In fairness, I haven't bothered with the PTS in a while, since there is no real return for the "work" there of testing things for WG. But that's another topic. 

WG did say that they were changing the visuals of the attack animations.

They also claimed it would be purely cosmetic and have no impact on aiming...

...though it will need to be independently verified, IMO.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,576 posts
4,223 battles

Yeah, they changed the aircraft camera visuals and the visual trajectory of DBs in the dive animation. No gameplay was changed, it was all visual.

[FORM]
Members
1,959 posts
12,598 battles
2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG did say that they were changing the visuals of the attack animations. They also claimed it would be purely cosmetic and have no impact on aiming... though it will need to be independently verified, IMO.

1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, they changed the aircraft camera visuals and the visual trajectory of DBs in the dive animation. No gameplay was changed, it was all visual.

Well the visual sure threw me off. So maybe the actual way that it gets calculated isn't changed, and I do think that it looks better, but it definitely impacted my aim, and as a result... my gameplay. All for the name of progress I guess ;)

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,746 posts
7,130 battles

I thought they were going to change the aiming reticles. (but that may have been last patch) And the notice this patch now has the aiming points not track over islands as they used to do.

Not a CV player, so I don't have personal experience.  I've got a Hosho but only played it in training room.

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

Well the visual sure threw me off. So maybe the actual way that it gets calculated isn't changed, and I do think that it looks better, but it definitely impacted my aim, and as a result... my gameplay. All for the name of progress I guess ;)

It's rough at times because some "changes" aren't really talked about in some patches.  So I agree that the visuals are a bit different but not ground breaking though.  Would be nice to have control over which visuals we use though.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
4 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I would argue that changing the visuals does actually effect gameplay.   If things even the perspective of aiming changes, it means that players have to adjust their aim to compensate.  That is a game play change any way you look at it.

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,188 posts
1,490 battles

Tweak more like major nerfed :Smile_teethhappy:

Update seems more like a visual change rather than nerf :fish_book:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
732 posts
6,016 battles

One of two things has happened. The changes to the aiming and graphics have had unintended consequences on torp distribution and vulnerability of planes to AA, or the changes were intended and WG has pushed them through without any warning to the community as a whole. 

[--V--]
Members
1,466 posts
13,786 battles

I like these new CV changes.  Anything which makes it easier to avoid planes or shoot them down makes me happy.

• Funny 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,837 battles
5 hours ago, SeaborneSumo said:

I like these new CV changes.  Anything which makes it easier to avoid planes or shoot them down makes me happy.

Makes dodging torpedoes harder...

...only kills planes that have already attacked faster...

Not sure these changes will fully satisfy you...

;)

[--V--]
Members
1,466 posts
13,786 battles
On 10/2/2020 at 1:27 PM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Makes dodging torpedoes harder...

...only kills planes that have already attacked faster...

Not sure these changes will fully satisfy you...

;)

Fully satisfied would be 3 or 4 CV changes which have been recommended over and over to WG, but they won't listen.   So anything which makes a CV drivers day harder is fine with me.