You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kraayt

Why such ugly U.S. Camo's?

17 comments in this topic

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
296 posts
8,670 battles

After seeing such creative camo's on so many ships, are they unable to create anything beyond the butt ugly cartoon camo's for the U.S. ships?

Thankfully, they did eventually put in a filter to turn them off.   

• Cool 1

[ARRSE]
Members
213 posts
1,405 battles

I wish WG would offer the facility to swap a "themed" permacammo for a conventional national permacammo.

• Cool 3

[G-4W]
Members
161 posts
6,434 battles
2 minutes ago, Turbogerbil said:

I wish WG would offer the facility to swap a "themed" permacammo for a conventional national permacammo.

This 

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,558 posts
25,407 battles
1 minute ago, Turbogerbil said:

I would love to see a camo exchange. If a camo doesn't offer anything but normal bonuses I have no need for multiples. I don't like most of the off the wall ones, personally but to each their own. I would gladly exchange 2 or 3 camos I don't like to pick up a camo want or need.

[Y0L0W]
Members
579 posts
18,802 battles

You can turn the special camo off so it reverts to the national camo in game. That’s about it at this point.

I do agree though.. these camos are terrible looking. 

[SALVO]
Members
25,815 posts
28,106 battles
15 minutes ago, Turbogerbil said:

One already exists.  It's this new fangled thing called a "wallet".  Maybe you've heard of it.  :Smile_hiding:

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,715 battles

Since you can disable the "comic" style camos, it isn't much of a real topic. But yeah, it would be if there would be a kind of different variants like some other techtree have.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,256 posts
16,226 battles
53 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

are they unable to create anything beyond the butt ugly cartoon camo's for the U.S. ships?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,195 posts

Leats they made em look better than the gaudy camos of the us cruisers . Wound up looking like a chicken mounted to the bridge sections . I'd trade them in for one of the new camos in n a heartbeat.

• Boring 1

[FORM]
Members
1,954 posts
12,574 battles

Are you talking about the new ones? Personally I think they're not as good as others, but a huge step better than the awful FREEDUMB Eagle one. 

[GOCRY]
Members
639 posts

Pretty much all of these “graphic” are ridiculous looking.  Nowhere near realistic.  And yet, I kind of like my Cleveland camo.  It’s kind of like wearing a Halloween costume.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,538 posts
24,645 battles

I pretty much hate most of the weird camos they make for events like this. There are a couple of exceptions but for the most part, they look stupid. That said, Wargaming included a way to turn the silliness off and makes them look like actual camos and that is why players should try their best to farm the free perm camos, especially if they are for ships you intend to play. The ability to turn off this stuff is probably the best change WoWS has made to the game since I started playing. 

Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles

I think they're unique and classy. A lot more effort went into these new camos then what they did with the Royal Navy heavy cruisers. Now those, imo, are ugly camos. Tacky, bland, terrible color choice. 

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
628 posts
10,245 battles
13 hours ago, gebert906 said:

This 

You can. I swapped out the ridiculous French special camo for their nice national camo. WG introduced this capability a few patches ago. 

Members
445 posts
7,878 battles

I like Art Deco for some reason.

But we do need the Great White Fleet at some point.

Edited by ithekro